OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: Schedule just dropped!!!

Give him Jamar Chase and a head coach who’s not completely incompetent and we’ll see how good he is.

His career numbers are fantastic without either one of those.
Keenan Allen was 4 years younger when Herbert came into the league. The Head Coach isn’t the playcaller. All we hear about is how talented Herbert is and now he needs Chase to see how good he is? No other elite QB is given that type of a pass.

Ferris Bueller
Breakfast Club
House Party
Clueless
Sixteen Candles

I'll take Cruel Intentions over Mean Girls.
House Party in my top 5 all time.

Clueless is better than Mean Girls.

Cruel Intentions is tough, might roll with Mean Girls.

I’m good off those other old *** movies.
it is a very good movie, but not no damn top 5 all time

as was said, not even a top 5 high school/teen movie

John Hughes movies and others have been mentioned but you got like dazed and confused, horror movies, even like varsity blues and friday night lights

OG back to the future is a high school/teen movie
This is good Information. Thank you for the lists.

One of the immediate reactions to this take has been Clueless is better. I admittedly don’t remember it so I’m going to have to rehash. My niece is getting older so I gotta start walking her through the paces over Christmas. I think I might have been her age when my brother had me out there watching Oz :lol: She can survive some PG13 high school movies :lol:

This is good Information. Thank you for the lists.

One of the immediate reactions to this take has been Clueless is better. I admittedly don’t remember it so I’m going to have to rehash. My niece is getting older so I gotta start walking her through the paces over Christmas. I think I might have been her age when my brother had me out there watching Oz :lol: She can survive some PG13 high school movies :lol:

Clueless is better because it came out first. Mean Girls is funnier and raw. It has the more outlandish jokes.

10 Things I Hate About You another high school classic

Sunset Park, High School High, Above the Rim

Give me both spiderverse movies and spiderman homecoming too over mean girls

as far as personal ratings go

I'm just gonna place this right here for next year:

"Well.....it's his first year with the new coach/staff, he has to get acclimated...."

2025:
"Well.....he doesn't have any weapons to use, what do you expect him to do......"

2026:
"Well......clearly the HC/OC/DC wasn't the right hire, so......"

2027:
"Well......

"Well.....it's his first year with the new coach/staff, he has to get acclimated...."

2025:
"Well.....he doesn't have any weapons to use, what do you expect him to do......"

2026:

2027:
"Well......
"Sir, this a movies thread"

"Sir, this a movies thread"

M'bad.

Lemme get

Clueless
Mean Girls
Easy A
10 Things I Hate About You
She's All That

As a top 5 HS movies. (No idea if that's the topic or not but I saw a bunch of Mean Girls posts) (If it was just about HS and not genre, then Scream goes to #1 and She's All That drops off)
(Damn....need a spot for Varsity Blues.....)
(Is The Karate Kid a HS film?)

(Damn, and I have a soft spot for Buffy the Vampire Slayer.......)

Critiquing NFL Head Coaches is so much easier.... :smh:

shes_all_that_reveal.gif

banderas (2).png

This dude gotta make some of worse decisions w/ the ball,constantly yells and berates his teammates then got both of his star WRs killed yesterday.

I hate to admit,but we’re in for some dark times as a franchise unless he and the coaching staff level up,but I highly doubt it.

5C2ACAEC-B4F5-4533-BB5F-B62D02A9CF7D.jpeg

M'bad.

Lemme get

Clueless
Mean Girls
Easy A
10 Things I Hate About You
She's All That

As a top 5 HS movies. (No idea if that's the topic or not but I saw a bunch of Mean Girls posts) (If it was just about HS and not genre, then Scream goes to #1 and She's All That drops off)
(Damn....need a spot for Varsity Blues.....)
(Is The Karate Kid a HS film?)

(Damn, and I have a soft spot for Buffy the Vampire Slayer.......)

Critiquing NFL Head Coaches is so much easier.... :smh:

EYE actually said Top 5 movie of all time in general and these dudes shifted the narrative to HS Teen movies and said it wasn’t even Top 5 there :smh: |l

2025:

2026:

2027:
"Well......

I would like to think (and hope) I slept the Casamigos and White Claws off but I’m sticking by my Josh Herbert takes, specifically given his situation which factors into QB discussions IMO. For example, I know Lamar won an MVP with the previous OC but coming into this year I think I saw lists that didn’t have him in the Top 10. With Monknen, he looks totally different and is an MVP candidate again.

Being a NFL GM, VP of Ops or owner seems super challenging if you want to be good. QB is the most important position and if you hit on it then you are in a good spot but maxing them out and filling out the rest of the roster puts you in a tough spot if you don’t hit on your picks. You also need to hit on your staff too.

I don’t know who the Resident NT NFL Cap Expert is (might be C CP1708 or IATT IATT )but I know there are stats out there about a lot of recent SB winners and the percentage of the cap that the QB took up. It’s been low and why folks say the 49ers have as big of a window as they do with Purdy.

You just can’t afford to not pay a good QB but it makes everything else that much more difficult. I think we are all giving Daniel Jones that bag in the GM role tbh. David Tepper is my guy but trading up for Bryce looks funny in the light as of Week 12.

From a front office perspective, the Bears/Fields and Packers/Love situations are going to be interesting IMO.

I don’t know who the Resident NT NFL Cap Expert is (might be C CP1708 or IATT IATT )but I know there are stats out there about a lot of recent SB winners and the percentage of the cap that the QB took up. It’s been low and why folks say the 49ers have as big of a window as they do with Purdy.

obviously it give you flexibility to do things.. but you still gotta hit your picks and other moves

there is way too much gymnastics you can do with the cap that the QB’s deal should be THAT much of a killer

look at the chiefs, they went to the Super Bowl and oline killed them and then they won the following year.. they’ll always have a chance because of mahomes

but drafting a RB was not smart plus other moves they’ve made with pass catchers outside of drafting kelce in the 3rd and cheetah in the 5th and converting him from RB

EYE actually said Top 5 movie of all time in general and these dudes shifted the narrative to HS Teen movies and said it wasn’t even Top 5 there :smh: |l

I would like to think (and hope) I slept the Casamigos and White Claws off but I’m sticking by my Josh Herbert takes, specifically given his situation which factors into QB discussions IMO. For example, I know Lamar won an MVP with the previous OC but coming into this year I think I saw lists that didn’t have him in the Top 10. With Monknen, he looks totally different and is an MVP candidate again.

Being a NFL GM, VP of Ops or owner seems super challenging if you want to be good. QB is the most important position and if you hit on it then you are in a good spot but maxing them out and filling out the rest of the roster puts you in a tough spot if you don’t hit on your picks. You also need to hit on your staff too.

You just can’t afford to not pay a good QB but it makes everything else that much more difficult. I think we are all giving Daniel Jones that bag in the GM role tbh. David Tepper is my guy but trading up for Bryce looks funny in the light as of Week 12.

From a front office perspective, the Bears/Fields and Packers/Love situations are going to be interesting IMO.

I think you’re still gone off them white claws. I’m not giving Daniel Jones a contract, he sucks. Most people aren’t giving him a big check, if a check at all.

Lamar is a top 5 QB, it’s not even a discussion. His looks plays a big role on why he’s not on people’s lists.

I think you’re still gone off them white claws. I’m not giving Daniel Jones a contract, he sucks. Most people aren’t giving him a big check, if a check at all.

Lamar is a top 5 QB, it’s not even a discussion. His looks plays a big role on why he’s not on people’s lists.

yea when paying or not paying these dudes, you gotta look at the other moves that team is making and the ramifications of those too

like the ravens not moving on from the OC and giving lamar terrible skill guys for years

:lol:
yea when paying or not paying these dudes, you gotta look at the other moves that team is making and the ramifications of those too

like the ravens not moving on from the OC and giving lamar terrible skill guys for years

If you’re the Giants GM and Daniel Jones got you into the playoffs and won a game, you are not going to pay him?It’s a shorter term deal and not Top QB money.

This is coming from someone who thinks he is a Poor Mans Manhattan Josh Allen but as GM/Owner, I see why you do that. The alternative to the fan base, after winning a playoff game with a new HC, is not resigning him and tanking. I can’t say a majority of fans would be good with that.

If you’re the Giants GM and Daniel Jones got you into the playoffs and won a game, you are not going to pay him?It’s a shorter term deal and not Top QB money.

This is coming from someone who thinks he is a Poor Mans Manhattan Josh Allen but as GM/Owner, I see why you do that. The alternative to the fan base, after winning a playoff game with a new HC, is not resigning him and tanking. I can’t say a majority of fans would be good with that.

they turned down the 5th year option of his rookie deal.. use the franchise tag

Mitchell Trubisky and Tim Tebow won playoff games.

Giants were not a good team last year, they were average and lucky. After winning a close game in Minnesota THEY GOT ROLLED in Philly and looked like they didn’t even belong on the field.

Daniel Jones has more games with 0 passing TDs than he does with 2+ passing TDs.

And he got outplayed by a backup and the backups backup this year. 2 TDs and 6 INTs.

they turned down the 5th year option of his rookie deal.. use the franchise tag

They didn’t even need to do that. The rumors were no other teams were interested in him because they thought Daboll was the reason he “improved”. Could have easily offered him low money and let him find a team to match because no one would have.

It’s also been reported the plan was to sign Saquon and tag Daniel. The new tough guy GM couldn’t give Saquon an extra 4-6 mil in guaranteed money and ended up giving Daniel around 90 mil in guaranteed money. Now they’re stuck paying him 40 next year and like 20 mil cap hit the year after if they cut him.

I trust y’all more with player evaluation and the cap and with this latest news, I am not sure I can co-sign the DJ contract. IATT IATT and Dave East Dave East are right. Franchise or match was the smarter move. For some reason I thought it was 2 years but it is 4 :wow:

Team with Derek Carr and Taysom Hill splitting snaps struggles in the Red Zone????

I, for one, am flabbergasted.

Id genuinely be more scared of the saints offense if it was just them running the wildcat with hill every play than Carr out there. And that’s not because of how good I think hill is.

I trust y’all more with player evaluation and the cap and with this latest news, I am not sure I can co-sign the DJ contract. IATT IATT and Dave East Dave East are right. Franchise or match was the smarter move. For some reason I thought it was 2 years but it is 4 :wow:

Nah it’s two years but it’s like 92 mil or some ****. In year three, if he’s cut, it’s around 20 mil cap hit. I think if they trade him it’s like 11 mil. But then there’s an injury clause and he’s been hurt every year but one. So if they play him next year and he gets hurt, they gotta pay him around 25 mil.

Back
Top Bottom