OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: Vol: Draft Night!!!

IMG_3319.jpeg

Kirk is getting $100Ms guaranteed he’s hardly a victim here :lol:. Just a baffling decision for Atlanta to make with a wide open division and I’m sure Arthur wants to see some more playoff success before he dies.

Kirk is getting $100Ms guaranteed he’s hardly a victim here :lol:. Just a baffling decision for Atlanta to make with a wide open division and I’m sure Arthur wants to see some more playoff success before he dies.

That’s what I’m saying. Falcon’s got more pressing issues than drafting a qb at 8.

Falcons have 3 picks tonight. Can still add talent for a playoff push.

I assume if you’re drafting Penix in the top 10, you truly believe he can be elite.

I was gaslighted in here when I said paying Kirk all that money was dumb and the wrong choice and now look.

That pick was a completely Falcon move...I honestly thought we were going to trade up and try to get Marvin Harrison Jr that would've been on brand for us too.

I think we will still be fine for a playoff push this year. The nfc south is hot garbage and we won 7 games last year with a nepo baby ***hole of a coach and Desmond Ridder at QB. Better coaching (yet to be seen but I’m confident) and Kirk should be more than enough to win that division regardless of the draft this year.

I think we will still be fine for a playoff push this year. The nfc south is hot garbage and we won 7 games last year with a nepo baby ***hole of a coach and Desmond Ridder at QB. Better coaching (yet to be seen but I’m confident) and Kirk should be more than enough to win that division regardless of the draft this year.

But why tie up so much $ in Kirk if we were going to draft a QB top 10?

I actually think people thinking that Kurt Cousins only has two years is the most shocking thing to me. I could easily see Kirk playing three or the entirety of his contract in Atlanta. The Packers didn’t get rid of Aaron Rodgers because of his on field play. He got moved because of his personality contrast with the front office and extended off-season shenanigans with retirement. Also, Jordan Love was an end 1st rounder, which was worth the gamble.

Penix would have been a pick you could stomach at 18, and a probably steal at 28, but with the 8th pick, it is franchise malpractice, especially giving his age and him never being able to finish a season, healthy.

We can cut ties after the second year two years and the lil dead money after of what we paying him worth it for two years of competent qb play to take advantage of this trash division while our future develops worth it to me.

Part of it is just what happens when free agency comes before the draft.

Listening to Orlovsky on First Take now and he said they had him as the 2nd best QB in the draft, and an elite prospect at the position.

Perhaps if he’s not available, they don’t go QB at all.

Back
Top Bottom