OFFICIAL NFL THREAD 2024-25: Week II Vol: “That’s my Michelle”

rs=w-1280.jpeg
https://designatedreport.com/blog/f/the-baltimore-ravens-are-in-trouble

Ravens are in trouble!

Fields definitely will relinquish that job.

38 starts and one 300+ yard game. He’s inaccurate. No legit receiver wants a QB like him

He will. Dude is cheeks and showed literally no improvement on his flaws in preseason.

See, I don't know. That would be my initial thought, but Tomlin and that organization is different. Despite the possible comparison to Slash back in the day, if that defense stays healthy (Watt) and is a top 5 unit, I could see Fields sticking in there with a very run heavy, ball control scheme. If Fields stays committing dumb turnovers, then yeah, it'll probably be Russ later, but I wouldn't put it past Tomlin to stick to the script with Fields.

Sounds like it's Fields tomorrow. Might be better for Russ because if he struggled early, the clamoring for Fields would be instant. The question is if Fields relinquishes the job back to Russ.
whats the scouting report lookin like on Jordan Addison? asking for a friend :nerd:

whats the scouting report lookin like on Jordan Addison? asking for a friend :nerd:
All indications are that he's good to go. Limited in practice all week, but that may have been precautionary. He's about 10 days ahead of schedule which probably isn't unheard of for a 23 y/o.

See, I don't know. That would be my initial thought, but Tomlin and that organization is different. Despite the possible comparison to Slash back in the day, if that defense stays healthy (Watt) and is a top 5 unit, I could see Fields sticking in there with a very run heavy, ball control scheme. If Fields stays committing dumb turnovers, then yeah, it'll probably be Russ later, but I wouldn't put it past Tomlin to stick to the script with Fields.
What did you see in preseason that showed you Fields improved on any of his shortcomings? Serious question

Call me silly but I'm choosing the guy who carried my offense and defensive stuff over the mid QB. Good QBs enter the draft every year.
Define “good”. For every Burrow/Herbert/Tua/Hurts/Love draft class I can show you 20 more that produced 1, maybe 2, starting caliber QBs. The hit rate is extremely low then add the fact not every QB-needy team will be in position to draft the guy.

Where the Giants really screwed up was declining the 5th year option. Had an extra year to make Jones prove it at a below market rate before making the extension decision.

Define “good”. For every Burrow/Herbert/Tua/Hurts/Love draft class I can show you 20 more that produced 1, maybe 2, starting caliber QBs. The hit rate is extremely low then add the fact not every QB-needy team will be in position to draft the guy.

Where the Giants really screwed up was declining the 5th year option. Had an extra year to make Jones prove it at a below market rate before making the extension decision.
Gardner Minshew can give you the shame production Danny Boy can at a fraction of the cost. Those two are the same tier to me. If you pay Barkley and Xavier, you'd probably tank that year and be in a position to draft a QB better than Danny in the draft. Idk maybe I'm on the outside looking in but letting Danny Boy walk seemed like the best option at the time to me.

Grade 1 is week to week

Grade 2 is 4 weeks or longer, we play them at the Packers in 3 weeks TipsyMcStagga TipsyMcStagga i doubt they’re gonna not be safe and keep him out at least until October, we play them September 29

Why would they pick up his fifth option if they didn’t want him?

IMG_1174.jpeg

IMG_1175.jpeg

Are those the stats of a guy that should have his option picked up? You got defensive players around the league laughing at him every week because he sucks. Giants players are pissed he got paid over Saquon. The smartest thing was to let him walk but instead, John Mara made the new regime give him one more year because he likes his jib.

Back
Top Bottom