OFFICIAL NHL PLAYOFFS THREAD...

Originally Posted by Dr 715

I stole this from ESPN the Mag...

What do the San Jose Sharks and the Titanic have in common?

They both look great until they hit the ice.

eek.gif
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Garbage.
Dats and Hossa better get that line rolling. Hossa has not played that great so far in the playoffs.
Glad we have Franzen for the next decade though. Kid can play.
Chelli looked terrible today.
Need Rafalski back in a hurry.
Helm is playing so fast out there. Great addition.
Great game today.
Ericsson played 42 minutes. WOW. I think we have found our next defensemen. Just need someone to pair with him. Lebda blows and Lilja is a skating injury.Hopefully its Meech or someone from GR.

As much as I hate Pronger the old guy still has it. Can't believe he played so many damn minutes.

The New York Post is reporting that forward Markus Naslund has told the New York Rangers that he will retire from the National Hockey League at the age of 35.

The former Vancouver Canucks captain signed a two-year, $8 million contract as a free agent with the Rangers last summer, and he still has one year remaining on the deal, worth $3 million.

The Post is citing an unconfirmed report that Naslund notified Rangers general manager Glen Sather of his decision at an exit interview on Thursday. The Rangers have not commented on the newspaper report.

"He was a player with great offensive instincts and he knew where the back of the net was," said former Rangers head coach Tom Renney, who coached Naslund in New York during the first part of this season. "He might have had his best moments in Vancouver playing with Todd Bertuzzi and Brendan Morrison but he certainly added to a very dry offence in New York."

In 15 NHL seasons - 11 with the Canucks - Naslund compiled 395 goals and 869 points in 1,117 games. He was drafted in the first round, 16th overall, by the Pittsburgh Penguins in the 1991 NHL Entry Draft. His most productive season was 2002-03, when he scored 48 goals and tallied 104 points for Vancouver. He scored 40 or more goals three times.

The long-time Vancouver captain departed the team after the 2007-08 season as the club's franchise leader in goals (346), points (756), power play goals (114), and game-winning goals (49).

Naslund's scored 46 points during his only campaign in New York, which represented the fifth consecutive season of declining point production for the native of Ornskoldsvik, Sweden.

New York would have had an opportunity to buy out Naslund in June, at a total cost of $3 million in cap hits over the next two seasons. Instead, with Naslund's apparent departure, the Rangers will save $4 million in salary cap space immediately for the 2009-10 season.

^ heard about it earlier today...

I always liked Naslund and I think its a real classy move to leave $4mil on the table. He actually played pretty well for the Rangers but its great thathe's opening up cap space for us.

Hell of a career Nazzy... Good luck.

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

^ heard about it earlier today...

I always liked Naslund and I think its a real classy move to leave $4mil on the table. He actually played pretty well for the Rangers but its great that he's opening up cap space for us.

Hell of a career Nazzy... Good luck.

Top 5 Canuck, IMO. I was pretty disappointed when he left, but he was definitely appreciated.

That was a bogus no goal call. I thought the puck crossed the line.

Bogus conclusive evidence crap.

Great game today with the Ducks/Wings. Pens lost a tough one, fun to watch, but just have to split in Wash for me to feel ok about the series. We shall see

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

If the call on the ice was a goal then it prob would've counted... for them to count that as a goal, they would have to overturn the official'sjudgment.

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

If the call on the ice was a goal then it prob would've counted... for them to count that as a goal, they would have to overturn the official's judgment.
Oh I totally understand that, and agree with it. But I thought the video evidence clearly showed that the puck crossed the line with the whitespace between the goal line and the puck.

Oh well, Canes still pulled it out
pimp.gif

cam ward was on his game tonight...sucks to lose one at home. we'll get em thursday...

Yo, I watched hockey for the 1st time yesterday....:wow: its way more interesting/entertaining then I thought it would be

Malkin Vs. Ovechkin tonight... Game 2
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
looking like the sox-yanks game will be rained out. full attention on this game if that's the case. gotta hide the remote so pops wontkeep flipping back to the damn celtics game
Yo, I watched hockey for the 1st time yesterday....:wow: its way more interesting/entertaining then I thought it would be
common reaction for people who actually give hockey a shot. playoff hockey is pretty much as good as it gets in sports. only football cancompete...luckily it doesn't have to
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom