OFFICIAL NHL PLAYOFFS THREAD...

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Yo, I watched hockey for the 1st time yesterday....:wow: its way more interesting/entertaining then I thought it would be
If only people gave it a chance instead of just calling it a dumb sport.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

this might be a dumb question
but they got plays that they run and stuff like that right?
I
not dumb at all. people ask that a lot actually. it's more like a strategy, setup, and style of play type of deal. kinda like soccer. youmight draw up something at the end of the game or during a PP or PK even, but usually it's more about positioning in the offensive zone and defensive zonerather than executing a specific play.

NHL interest in former Ottawa Senators goaltender Ray Emery is starting to heat up.

Sources tell TSN the Philadelphia Flyers have had significant discussions with Emery's agent J.P Barry about the potential of the 26-year-old returning to the National Hockey League.

Emery played in Russia last season in the Kontinental Hockey League with Atlant Mytischi and has a lucrative offer on the table to return to the KHL with the same club.

Pens playing real well right now
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Same question I asked in the game thread...

*Even tho no penalty was called, do you think that Kunitz will be facing a possible suspension for what he did? That #%*$ was blatant...and if you are gonnagive Milan Lucic a game for a cross check, then Kunitz should get the same....
smh.gif
prick

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

i think he'll get off without being punished...

I'm thinking that also...but it was a dirty play, and that last Pitt goal shouldn't have counted....a win is a win tho
pimp.gif

*Razor w. the Flyers
eek.gif
Toughest goalie since Hextall in the NHL....(no disrespect to Dan Cloutier or Rick DiPietro)....I would love to see him in a flyersuni....you know he'd be all in if a line brawl broke out....I feel bad for the opposing goalie....
laugh.gif

In regards to Kunitz getting suspended, what team does he play for and whos line is he on? Jk. Great game last night, the whole game was energy packed. Lovinthis series.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I'm thinking that also...but it was a dirty play, and that last Pitt goal shouldn't have counted....a win is a win tho
pimp.gif

*Razor w. the Flyers
eek.gif
Toughest goalie since Hextall in the NHL....(no disrespect to Dan Cloutier or Rick DiPietro)....I would love to see him in a flyers uni....you know he'd be all in if a line brawl broke out....I feel bad for the opposing goalie....
laugh.gif
Kunitz's play was very dirty but I don't see him being suspended.......surprised a penalty wasn't called on the play.

Why shouldn't have Crosby's 3rd goal counted? Was then when Kunitz cross-checked Varlamov? (I just saw the highlights of the last bit of the game sinceI wasn't able to watch it). If the Kunitz thing wasn't when Crosby scored their 3rd goal, then I don't see a problem with it? Maybe I missedsomething though.......

Originally Posted by cquan05

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

pimp.gif

*Razor w. the Flyers
eek.gif
Toughest goalie since Hextall in the NHL....(no disrespect to Dan Cloutier or Rick DiPietro)....I would love to see him in a flyers uni....you know he'd be all in if a line brawl broke out....I feel bad for the opposing goalie....
laugh.gif
Kunitz's play was very dirty but I don't see him being suspended.......surprised a penalty wasn't called on the play.

Why shouldn't have Crosby's 3rd goal counted? Was then when Kunitz cross-checked Varlamov? (I just saw the highlights of the last bit of the game since I wasn't able to watch it). If the Kunitz thing wasn't when Crosby scored their 3rd goal, then I don't see a problem with it? Maybe I missed something though.......

Kunitz cross-checked Varlamov literally seconds before Crosby scored his 3rd goal....

I initially thought that Kunitz wouldn't get a suspension, but seeing the replay I changed my mind. If you're gonna give Lucic one game for a blow tothe head (cross check), then you would have to consider Kunitz sitting as well.

Whoa, that replay really shows a different scenario in comparison to what I saw on tv last night. That is crazy. I tend to think after seeing that that maybe agame is deserved.

Should've been a penalty, but I don't know about a suspension... maybe it's because I never see you in many threads about your own team J's,but i used to think you were a much more level-headed, even-steven fan.. you're sounding a little fanboyish in these Caps threads anymore
laugh.gif

Not that you shouldn't if they're your team.. i just always held you in a different regard than some others here. You always seemed more objective, butI'm seeing you got a little team colors running through you here might be slanting your views a bit.

^ I posted about that a few days ago... I'll find it and re-post...

EDIT:

I always liked Naslund and I think its a real classy move to leave $4mil on the table. He actually played pretty well for the Rangers but its great that he's opening up cap space for us.

Hell of a career Nazzy... Good luck.

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Blackhawks losing tonight...
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Phoenix Coyotes File for Bankruptcy Court-Approved Sale[/h1]
DEWEY, Ariz.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dewey Ranch Hockey, LLC and its affiliates Arena Management Group, LLC, Coyotes Holdings, LLC and Coyotes Hockey, LLC (collectively "Coyotes"), owner of the National Hockey League (NHL) team the Phoenix Coyotes filed for Chapter 11 reorganization to implement a court-approved sale of the team under the federal bankruptcy code. The filing included a proposed sale of the franchise to PSE Sports & Entertainment, LP, a Delaware limited partnership ("PSE"), which would move the franchise to southern Ontario, Canada.

"Extensive efforts have been undertaken to sell the team, or attract additional investors, who would keep the team in Glendale," said Coyotes' Chief Executive Officer and Managing Member Jerry Moyes.

"Creating a process under the supervision of a judge assures that anyone wishing to purchase the team will have the opportunity to bid. Likewise, the City of Glendale, which has been very cooperative with efforts to keep the team in Glendale, will be able to provide potential buyers assurances of the City's willingness to offer incentives to keep the team as a tenant in the Jobing.com arena, the lease for which is subject to rejection in bankruptcy," Moyes stated. "The process assures that the identities of the new owner and the team's location will be known by June 30, 2009, thus enabling the NHL to include the team in its 2009-10 schedule."

It is anticipated that the judge will hold a hearing within several days to establish a sales procedure, which will include authorizing continuance of the selling activity in an effort to attract higher bids. The PSE price is $212.5 million, which provides funds sufficient to pay secured creditors in full (approximately $80 million to SOF Investments, L.P. and $35 million to the NHL) and $97.5 million to unsecured creditors, whereas the owners of the Coyotes would receive nothing for their equity investment, including $206.5 million in preferred and common equity that will not be recovered by Moyes under the current offer.

"As Managing Member of the Coyotes, I have a duty to seek a transaction that will return the most in sale proceeds to the secured and unsecured creditors," Moyes said. "No other proposal to acquire the team provided nearly as much payment to the creditors as that offered by PSE, with the understanding that the procedure is in place for other parties to offer more, particularly if the City of Glendale provides financial incentives to keep the team in Glendale. Overbids must exceed the PSE proposal by $5 million and must be fully funded at closing without a financing contingency."

Jim Balsillie has 210 million ready....Southern Ontario getting another team
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Should've been a penalty, but I don't know about a suspension... maybe it's because I never see you in many threads about your own team J's, but i used to think you were a much more level-headed, even-steven fan.. you're sounding a little fanboyish in these Caps threads anymore
laugh.gif

Not that you shouldn't if they're your team.. i just always held you in a different regard than some others here. You always seemed more objective, but I'm seeing you got a little team colors running through you here might be slanting your views a bit.
How is what i said about Kunitz fanboyish? It was bad enough that there is chatter around the league about a possible suspension. It was ablatant head shot, and that is something that Colin Campbell was adamant about cracking down on. If you go back to the game thread(before i saw the replay) Isaid that I wasn't too sure about a suspension. After watching it this morning, there isn't a doubt in my mind that he should get a game. It's nodifferent than what Milan Lucic did to Mike Komisarek. I rep the Caps...I've been a fan for a LONG time....I give credit where credit is due...I'lleven defend Malkin and his play...however, there isn't an athlete in the sporting world that I despise more than Sidney Crosby. He's a dirty, whiny,loser. Talented, yes....but I hate the #*@$ that he does away from the puck. The media has force-fed him to everyone who follows the NHL, but if you are areal fan, you would know the most marketable, charismatic, and BEST player in the league resides in Washington, D.C.

Back
Top Bottom