OFFICIAL NHL PLAYOFFS THREAD...

First off my bad BallinBoykz for going at you. I was fuming from the game and just venting for no good reason.
Now that I've had time to cool down and reflect on the season I really admire the resilience the Ducks showed even after the horrible first half of theseason and all the trades that were made. I'm really proud of what they accomplished in the Playoffs and hats off to Detroit. That said it will be a verydifferent team next year.
Scotty, Rob, Wiz, Beauch, and Marchant are all Free Agents. Since it's pretty obvious we're not going to be able to keep Prongs and Scotty due to thecap, I'd lean towards keeping Pronger and letting both Niedermayers go to free up some money for some Second Line offense. We'll be back, hopefullyagainst Detroit again next year.
Definitely rooting for the Canes and Blackhawks now though.

Lol everyone here rooting for the team opposite that defeated theirs. I always root for the team that beat mine so I can say that we lost to the champions. Butanyways I think the winner of the Hawks Wings series will win the cup. I think Wings will take it once again.. I think so because I don't think that theeastern conference can hang with the west, at least not from the games I been seeing. Probably another Pens Wings final, which I want the Wings to win.

man i hope the hawks dont get caught up in the allure of the wings and can play within themselves and make it a series. its hard to believe that they'vecome this far in such a short period of time.

Nah I'm not rooting for the Blackhawks just because the Wings beat the Ducks. I just can't stand the way some the Wings play. Namely Hossa and Franzen.

Anyone read the running blog Bill Simmons had tonight, Boston fans should blame him.
laugh.gif

Bill Simmons: (10:57 PM ET ) A game-winner by Scott Walker would have caused the biggest riot since 1776.

about 30 minutes later....

Bill Simmons: (11:23 PM ET ) You gotta be kidding me.

Bill Simmons: (11:23 PM ET ) Worst.

Bill Simmons: (11:23 PM ET ) Case.

Bill Simmons: (11:23 PM ET ) Scenario.

Bill Simmons: (11:23 PM ET ) Time to go walking... thanks everybody.

Originally Posted by LVJordan238

First off my bad BallinBoykz for going at you. I was fuming from the game and just venting for no good reason.
Now that I've had time to cool down and reflect on the season I really admire the resilience the Ducks showed even after the horrible first half of the season and all the trades that were made. I'm really proud of what they accomplished in the Playoffs and hats off to Detroit. That said it will be a very different team next year.
Scotty, Rob, Wiz, Beauch, and Marchant are all Free Agents. Since it's pretty obvious we're not going to be able to keep Prongs and Scotty due to the cap, I'd lean towards keeping Pronger and letting both Niedermayers go to free up some money for some Second Line offense. We'll be back, hopefully against Detroit again next year.
Definitely rooting for the Canes and Blackhawks now though.
Appreciation dude.

Ive been going hard at my friends that are ducks fans, so it carried on to NT. My bad.

I agree with ATFK though, it was a bad way to end a great series.

Im glad the Canes advanced though... Gotta love the underdog (like the year the Oilers beat the Wings in round one, not going to lie I cheered for them therest of the way.)

And on to round three
pimp.gif

roll.gif
At Bill Simmons

And to add to my last post. We really should look at trading Giguere for some picks to a team like Colorado/Philly just to free up cap space. And I would LOVEif we could somehow get the Sedins to play on the second line with Teemu.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by bjm5295

DoubleJ's you have the BEST avy in the history of NT.
roll.gif

Went to Hooters to catch the game and get the 5.99 wings tonight. Not what I was expecting, but I'm happy the Bruins wont have to face Ovie, pending Game 7. *knockonwood*
friend st?

Nah, the one on Broadway in Saugus.

So yeah, great game... horrible ending...
frown.gif
frown.gif

Great crowd. I hope it carries over to next year. Its a great thing not seeing any empty seats at a Bruins game.

I dont think anyone realized Walker got the goal til they announced it a few minutes after.
laugh.gif

All the conspiracy theorists will be happy to know none of the Pens games are on NBC in this round.

[table][tr][td]2009 EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SERIES M[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]#4[/td] [td]
small.png
[/td] [td]vs.[/td] [td]
small.png
[/td] [td]#6[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]Network[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Monday, May 18[/td] [td]at Pittsburgh, 7:30 p.m.[/td] [td]VERSUS, TSN, RDS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Thursday, May 21[/td] [td]at Pittsburgh, 7:30 p.m.[/td] [td]VERSUS, TSN, RDS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Saturday, May 23[/td] [td]at Carolina, 7:30 p.m.[/td] [td]VERSUS, CBC, RDS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tuesday, May 26[/td] [td]at Carolina, 7:30 p.m.[/td] [td]VERSUS, CBC, RDS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]* Friday, May 29[/td] [td]at Pittsburgh, 7:30 p.m.[/td] [td]VERSUS, CBC, RDS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]* Sunday, May 31[/td] [td]at Carolina, 7:30 p.m.[/td] [td]VERSUS, CBC, RDS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]* Tuesday, June 2[/td] [td]at Pittsburgh, 7:30 p.m.[/td] [td]VERSUS, CBC, RDS[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]2009 WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SERIES N[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]#2[/td] [td]
small.png
[/td] [td]vs.[/td] [td]
small.png
[/td] [td]#4[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]Network[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sunday, May 17[/td] [td]at Detroit, 3:00 p.m.[/td] [td]NBC, TSN, RDS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tuesday, May 19[/td] [td]at Detroit, 7:30 p.m.[/td] [td]VERSUS, TSN, RDS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Friday, May 22[/td] [td]at Chicago, 8:00 p.m.[/td] [td]VERSUS, CBC, RDS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sunday, May 24[/td] [td]at Chicago, 3:00 p.m.[/td] [td]NBC, CBC, RDS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]* Wednesday, May 27[/td] [td]at Detroit, 7:30 p.m.[/td] [td]VERSUS, CBC, RDS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]* Saturday, May 30[/td] [td]at Chicago, 8:00 p.m.[/td] [td]VERSUS, CBC, RDS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]* Monday, June 1[/td] [td]at Detroit, 7:30 p.m.[/td] [td]VERSUS, CBC, RDS[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Anyone read the running blog Bill Simmons had tonight, Boston fans should blame him.
laugh.gif

Bill Simmons: (10:57 PM ET ) A game-winner by Scott Walker would have caused the biggest riot since 1776.

about 30 minutes later....

Bill Simmons: (11:23 PM ET ) You gotta be kidding me.

Bill Simmons: (11:23 PM ET ) Worst.

Bill Simmons: (11:23 PM ET ) Case.

Bill Simmons: (11:23 PM ET ) Scenario.

Bill Simmons: (11:23 PM ET ) Time to go walking... thanks everybody.

link?

Originally Posted by Numberr97

Lol everyone here rooting for the team opposite that defeated theirs. I always root for the team that beat mine so I can say that we lost to the champions. But anyways I think the winner of the Hawks Wings series will win the cup. I think Wings will take it once again.. I think so because I don't think that the eastern conference can hang with the west, at least not from the games I been seeing. Probably another Pens Wings final, which I want the Wings to win.
well at first i wanted to see the Canes bounced asap cause losing to them in the fashion that the Devils did was devastating but i quickly changedmy mind and just said #!*# that i want them to go ahead and screw over every team they face and their fans (yes im bitter
laugh.gif
), minus the Blackhawks.

GO PENS!! (Just my lil preface, no you have not seen me on here thats just I hardly use NT anymore, but stumbled upon it bored late tonight and wanted to post)Even if youre not a Pens fan, let me know what you think of the picture I made.
4303_175953330386_795235386_6805648_7101858_n.jpg

eek.gif

I fell asleep right afte Aaron Ward planted Tuomo Ruutu into the boards in OT....

cot dam...this sucks...I was REALLY pulling for the B's. I hope Pitt chokes....I guess my avy switch for the bruins didn't work. Imma change it up in asecond...I can't believe what I'm going to do for my next avy. I hate Pitt SO much that I would much rather see another SE division foe play for thecup instead....if (and I really hope) Carolina makes it to the cup, I hope they get swept....

time for a new avy

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Fade On You

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

What a douche.. that's the second guy this game he's high-sticked in the face. He better be catching a stick himself before this game ends. bastard.
Exactly....they need to be thrown out, all these high sticks are completely intentional and are just showing how much the caps are sore losers, horrible sportsmanship.
nah - the caps aren't a dirty team.
eyes.gif

and you guys AMAZINGLY haven't been called for one penalty all game...quit your crying.

We havent intentionally slashed guys in the face with the hockey stick, sorry we arent on your level. Sounds like your doing all the crying....its 6-2 son sit down.
I'm not going to go tit-for-tat w. some bandwagon "I'll make an appearance in game 7" type of fan. It's the playoffs....a lot of stuff isn't going to get called...no matter how blatant.

Congrats on the win Pitt...you all played harder and deserved it....

here's to the B's sweeping....yes, I'm THAT confident.

laugh.gif
roll.gif

Time to change your B avy to the next winning teams for a new bandwagon avy. Oh, wait.
laugh.gif
a7925bee188af9bf27a3cb97dd0212658c13f30.gif

What a douche.. that's the second guy this game he's high-sticked in the face. He better be catching a stick himself before this game ends. bastard.
Exactly....they need to be thrown out, all these high sticks are completely intentional and are just showing how much the caps are sore losers, horrible sportsmanship.
eyes.gif

and you guys AMAZINGLY haven't been called for one penalty all game...quit your crying.

We havent intentionally slashed guys in the face with the hockey stick, sorry we arent on your level. Sounds like your doing all the crying....its 6-2 son sit down.
I'm not going to go tit-for-tat w. some bandwagon "I'll make an appearance in game 7" type of fan. It's the playoffs....a lot of stuff isn't going to get called...no matter how blatant.

laugh.gif
roll.gif

Time to change your B avy to the next winning teams for a new bandwagon avy. Oh, wait.
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

And the drama continues...................

nah I like the anson carter avy. Great games to watch. I won't lie though I wanted the Wings out ha ha

eyes.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

u really think I'm a bandwagon fan?
roll.gif

Don't mean to step on sacred ground or nothin in here, I know I don't belong, but what the F is up with 2 game 7's playin at the same time?

That ain't smart imo. I know there are things I don't know about or situations that can't be avoided or whatever, but damn. Stagger that sh*^ alittle better.

If I were Betman, I woulda called in a bomb threat or somethin for the second game, just to delay the start a lil bit.
laugh.gif

Turn the heater on under the ice or somethin.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by Proshares

man. that sucked. and of all people to score, that POS walker.
There's always the Red Sox.
laugh.gif

yeah about them, can we put ortiz in the nine spot?

10 bats and a pack of big league chew and we'll take him off your hands.
woah woah woah....maybe that bats but hold the big league chew and give them a pack of winterfresh or something

Back
Top Bottom