Official NHL Regular Season Thread... Capitals win President's trophy

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

^

JVR Calder Memorial Campaign '10
Michael Del Zotto has something to say about this...
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

alot of candidates this year
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

Flyers win a SO
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
You know it's a bad sign when I was happy that the Blues got a goal in regulation. From what I saw, it was a real chippy game.

Big win by the Bruins. I dont care that we played a rookie in his first start.
laugh.gif
We did all the little things that turned into goals.
pimp.gif

Montador getting his faced rocked by Thornton made my day. Every punch thrown was for each missed puck at the point last year.
smile.gif

5-0 loss. UH OH! I knew this trip would suck, just glad the Pens got a win in the beginning at the Ducks

A perfect 8-0 on the road is making the Devils look pretty good right now. Theyve kinda turned it around at home and look like a really solid team. Albeit aboring team.

Carolina Hurricanes goaltender Cam Ward is expected to miss a minimum of three-to-four weeks of action after being cut in the leg by a skate during Saturday's game against the Blue Jackets.

Originally Posted by cquan05

Carolina Hurricanes goaltender Cam Ward is expected to miss a minimum of three-to-four weeks of action after being cut in the leg by a skate during Saturday's game against the Blue Jackets.

That was scary to see last night...he left a trail of blood on the ice when he went to the locker room...

Originally Posted by bjm5295

Montador getting his faced rocked by Thornton made my day. Every punch thrown was for each missed puck at the point last year.
smile.gif
seriously. hated this dude. loved seeing thornton take him down

Latest on Peter Forsberg
Foppa played again Saturday for Sweden in the Karjala Cup in Helsinki. Right now, the plan is for him to chat with agent Don Baizley at some point after the tournament and make a decision: play in the NHL, play in Europe/Russia, or retire.

At this point, there has been no form of contract negotiations with any NHL team, just teams calling and saying they may be interested. The Canucks and Rangers publicly stated their interest in Forsberg this week, and sources told ESPN.com that Boston and Philadelphia also are interested. All four teams had people in Helsinki scouting Forsberg this week. I would label Los Angeles and Edmonton as only maybes right now. I'm sure there will be up to a dozen teams that at least reach out to the Forsberg camp to kick the tires. But again, Forsberg first has to decide whether he feels he's up to it.

Islanders' goalies
I am told Rick DiPietro is a couple of weeks away from returning; once that happens, and if he stays healthy, the Islanders will move Martin Biron. The team is already getting calls for Biron and it shouldn't be hard to move him. His one-year, $1.4 million deal is easy to digest and he's a darn good goalie. This was the plan all along when Biron signed there in July, that he would be moved at some point if and when DiPietro recovered.

sweet both my goalies are on IR
eyes.gif

would love to have Foppa back
pimp.gif
but i dont think we have the space to signhim
tired.gif

Originally Posted by cquan05

THE CAROLINA HURRICANES HAVE SIGNED GOALIE MANNY LEGACE TO A 1 YEAR DEAL WORTH $500,000 ON THE NHL LEVEL & $100,000 AT THE AHL LEVEL.

I knew he was going to get work somewhere, I hope he does well.

Man, the Pens are just getting beat up right now, and then their President had a heart attack. ###?!

Even though its not part of the "regular season", props to those guys who got into the hall this AM.

Steve Yzerman, you are most definitely appreciated. Thank you for the memories!!!

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

Even though its not part of the "regular season", props to those guys who got into the hall this AM.

Steve Yzerman, you are most definitely appreciated. Thank you for the memories!!!

Thank you Golden Brett.

brett-hull.jpg

Originally Posted by JCH3

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

Thank you Golden Brett.

brett-hull.jpg
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]and this HOF class is the best of all time in my opinion![/color]
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

(I thought maybe carolina would get BIRON.)
nerd.gif
guess not

The Canucks and Rangers publicly stated their interest in Forsberg this week, and sources told ESPN.com that Boston and Philadelphia also are interested.

Do it Peterrrrrrrrrrr.
pimp.gif

It doesn't matter who's interested in Forsberg, what matters is who is he interested in. Best believe if he does come back it's going to be on ateam that has the best chance of winning the cup. With that being said, who do you think he would most likely sign with?

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

It doesn't matter who's interested in Forsberg, what matters is who is he interested in. Best believe if he does come back it's going to be on a team that has the best chance of winning the cup. With that being said, who do you think he would most likely sign with?
Caps...seriously.

If the Caps can find a way to dump Nylander, then Forsberg would make sense for this year only. He'd bring more to the table than Fedorov, and we all knowthe impact Fedorov had on the Russians and the rest of the team when he was in DC....I'd love to see Foppa in a Caps sweater...

*Edit...

just saw that it's breaking news that Nylander is heading to the KHL
eek.gif
pimp.gif

FORSBERG BABY!!!

How much does he have left in the tank though?

I could see him going to the Rangers if Gaborik comes back strong I don't know their cap situation though.

Back
Top Bottom