Official NHL Regular Season Thread... Capitals win President's trophy

Originally Posted by Proshares

How much does he have left in the tank though?

I could see him going to the Rangers if Gaborik comes back strong I don't know their cap situation though.

That's what I'm wondering also....what I would do is bring him over to the NHL following the Olympic break. That way you get him for the stretch runand the playoffs....but I'm sure he'll be playing before then. Rangers make sense also. I could see them paying Forsberg the most.

Anaheim Ducks goaltender J.S. Giguere has said he'd rather retire than be a backup goalie, according to the L.A. Daily News.
Giguere has now fully recovered from a strained groin he suffered on October 24, and the Montreal native will be joining the Ducks for their upcoming four-game road trip. The only issue? Jonas Hiller has started the last six games for the Ducks, and now it will essentially be up to the 32-year-old Giguere to earn back the No. 1 spot. If is unable to do that, Giguere is making himself pretty clear about his thoughts on the matter.

"I'd rather retire than be a backup goalie," Giguere said to the L.A. Daily News. "Something needs to happen. You get a guy like (Hiller) that's going to be a free agent at the end of the year and myself, making the money I'm making, either I'm leaving or he's leaving.

"I want to play; that's when I have fun. Right now, this is not fun."

Giguere is set to earn $13 million over the next two seasons, while the 27-year-old Hiller will make $1.3 million in the final year of his deal.

That means Giguere could be on his way out of Anaheim if general manager Bob Murray decides to make a trade and Giguere is willing to waive his no-trade clause.
Justin Pogge was assigned to Bakersfield of the ECHL to clear space for the returning veteran goaltender
I've heard some rumblings that burke is trying to bring Giguere to Toronto........IMO he was one of the Top 5 goalies in the League a fewyears back, and obviously when they won the Cup in 07. Had the Monster not signed here in Toronto, Giguere had the Leafs as one of the teams that he wouldaccept a trade to. As well, our current goalie coach was the old goalie coach in Anaheim with JS. I'm not sure that the Monster can handle a full season asthe prominent #1 on our team just yet, but he's been nothing but spectacular (including in back to back games) so far. I think with the death of hisFather, and his own son being sick really is what caused Giguere's game to go south......I hope he can come back though.

Toronto Maple Leafs' president and general manager Brian Burke took NHL Commisioner Gary Bettman on a tour of the team's new practice facility on Tuesday and took the opportunity to make a pitch for an outdoor game at BMO Field.

Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment also applied to host an NHL All-Star Game and two NHL Entry Drafts at the Air Canada Centre in the next four years.

BMO Field, the home of Toronto FC of Major League Soccer, has a capacity of just over 20,000 for soccer.

This year's Winter Classic will be held at Fenway Park Park in Boston on New Year's Day with the Philadelphia Flyers taking on the Boston Bruins.

Previous Winter Classics have been held in Ralph Wilson Stadium in Buffalo and Wrigley Field in Chicago. And the Heritage Classic between the Edmonton Oilers and Montreal Canadiens was played at Commonwealth Stadium in 2003.

Bettman was in Toronto for Monday night's Hockey Hall of Fame induction ceremony.

pimp.gif

That's cool that Bauer was able to buy back the brand.

The players shown are only a few of those who actually wear the brand.

If were limited to the 6 teams mentioned, I think it goes Philly, Boston, then LA for who he'd go with. If the Caps are involved, I agree that they make alot of sense, possibly the most.

IMO Forsberg will either end up in Philly or Colorado. Also, Giggy still has a couple good seasons left in him. I would be happy if we could just swing a dealwith him for Toskala and pick though.

Originally Posted by LVJordan238

IMO Forsberg will either end up in Philly or Colorado. Also, Giggy still has a couple good seasons left in him. I would be happy if we could just swing a deal with him for Toskala and pick though.
agreed.

Since Gagne could be placed on LTIR (missing the season) Flyers will prolly have the $... unless he wants anything above 2 mil
smh.gif

damn...Pittsburgh on a SLIDE...
smh.gif

Spoiler [+]
pimp.gif

once malkin gets back, it will be a different story....

crosby has to be hurt...dude has looked like @*!#

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Lol...........there are a lot of Bauer guys but obviously only a bunch are selected to go to that weekend of trying stuff out etc.

Or, did you mean that some of the guys in the video don't actually wear Bauer? Because as far as I can remember all of the player's in that video areBauer head to toe. Can't think of anyone who isn't........
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

just ordered a Bauer Vapor X:60...
pimp.gif
You won't be disappointed........a month ago I made my One95 my backup and my X60 as my main weapon.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Go to the Bauer website and look at their roster... there's really a lot of players.

dmxfury wrote:
I don't want to talk about it. Kid is out there by himself right now
I was watching the game on Versus last night and actually felt sorry of the Pens. They are missing like 5 of their top players, Crosby isliterally the only one out there.

anyone try be a GM mode on NHL 10? you should see my team it is stacked

Getzlaf
Zetterberg
Hossa
Krejci
Mike Green
Fleury and Turco
Backstrom from Capitals
some others I can't think of but wow trades are easy on there especially with a fantasy draft

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

Getzlaf
Zetterberg
Hossa
Krejci
Mike Green
Fleury and Turco
Backstrom from Capitals
some others I can't think of but wow trades are easy on there especially with a fantasy draft
What's your payroll looking like?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

Getzlaf
Zetterberg
Hossa
Krejci
Mike Green
Fleury and Turco
Backstrom from Capitals
What's your payroll looking like?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I'll have to check but most of them I traded for. Iwas mad I didn't get any blackhawks. well except hossa

Back
Top Bottom