Official NHL Regular Season Thread... Capitals win President's trophy

cquan05 wrote:

Great hit by Neil...that's the guy I HOPE the caps can trade for in the near future...

a couple of things...

1.� Hedman should have kept his head up

2.� Nittymaki (sp?) should have yelled "heads up" when he saw Neil charging in....

3.� Props for Downie for going at Neil....

4.� I hate that fights happen after CLEAN hits...but like I said in #3, I'll give all the props in the world to Downie for going at a much bigger/strongerdude in Chris Neil

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Crap, Kings looked good and straight rolled up thr Pens. Kopitar looked great
I caught the game last night, it was obvious the Pens needed Gonchar & Malkin last night.

Anze has been a stud for the past two years, but now that they're winning people will notice. He's a great player.

great hit
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

Anze has been a stud for the past two years, but now that they're winning people will notice. He's a great player.
Yes, that's the major difference this year, they are winning, plus it didn't hurt that Kopi put in the extra work over the summer toimprove his game, it's showing.

Speaking of, I need to get a Kopitar jersey ASAP, been saying that for the last year or so.
laugh.gif

bruins showed some heart tonight but man, we are in stugg city right now...

I'm pretty sure it wasnt a full sellout, which for a MTL game is sad. There were a good few seats in the club area that were empty.

43 shots, 1 goal.
frown.gif
Hopefully when the parade of sick/hurt stars comeback we'll be back to last year form. I guess its better to suck now than in April?

Carey Price played something fierce, combo'd with the Bruins not being able to buy a goal right now. Over 3 hours with no goals. There were 4 23ish yearoldkids in front of me and my friend from down from MTL. They got ripped apart by this one guy who got taken away by security.
laugh.gif

yeah def. better to struggle now than later.

i cant wait to get lucic and savard back. krejci shouldnt be out too long, i hope. not sure how the swine cycle works
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

why? it was a clean hit.... no reason to fight someone because of it.
I'd say Props to Downie for standing up for Hedman.......IMO it's not about the hit being clean or not (clean hit of course), but it wasthe prized rookie that got nailed so Downie stepped up and defended for Hedman. I kind of hate when people say "Oh, why did he have to go and fight himfor? It was a clean hit"........It's not always about the actual hit, it's about sticking up for your teammates. Do you know how embarrassing itis for a player to get nailed and your teammates go off for a change or there's a whistle and nothing happens? It may not be a big a deal for those thathaven't played at a high level where this happens more often, but almost EVERY time when a player is laid out like that, a teammate will stick up for youand go after the hitter.

Originally Posted by cquan05

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

why? it was a clean hit.... no reason to fight someone because of it.
I'd say Props to Downie for standing up for Hedman.......IMO it's not about the hit being clean or not (clean hit of course), but it was the prized rookie that got nailed so Downie stepped up and defended for Hedman. I kind of hate when people say "Oh, why did he have to go and fight him for? It was a clean hit"........It's not always about the actual hit, it's about sticking up for your teammates. Do you know how embarrassing it is for a player to get nailed and your teammates go off for a change or there's a whistle and nothing happens? It may not be a big a deal for those that haven't played at a high level where this happens more often, but almost EVERY time when a player is laid out like that, a teammate will stick up for you and go after the hitter.

true. it hurts.
tired.gif

[table][tr][td]Saturday Schedule

Nashville at Los Angeles[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Buffalo at Boston[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tampa Bay at Montreal[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Atlanta at NY Islanders[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]New Jersey at Ottawa[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]St. Louis at Philadelphia[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Detroit at Toronto[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Florida at Washington[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Carolina at Columbus[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dallas at Minnesota[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]NY Rangers at Calgary[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Phoenix at Anaheim[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Pittsburgh at San Jose[/td] [/tr][/table]

Do you guys know of a legit live stream of NHL games in general?

I'm trying to get the Kings/Predators game right now, but no luck.

indifferent.gif
at FSN not picking up this game.

I tried that link, I guess there's no broadcast at all for this game.

Only reason it's not being shown in L.A. is because of college football
smh.gif

thank god i found one bar in this city that will always show bruins games...i need to get my roommates into hockey. going out to watch hockey alone FTL

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

thank god i found one bar in this city that will always show bruins games...i need to get my roommates into hockey. going out to watch hockey alone FTL

Where do you usually go?

the hairy monk
laugh.gif

its this little irish pub type of joint on like 25th and 3rd. walked in randomly one day and saw all this redsox and patriots stuff on the walls...i was like
eek.gif
pimp.gif

[table][tr][td]
stl.gif
[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
phi.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]30[/td] [td]
Goals
[/td] [td]49
[/td] [/tr][/table]
smh.gif
smh.gif