Official NHL Regular Season Thread... Capitals win President's trophy

I've seen a Super Bowl (2), I've seen a Stanley Cup (I was not old enough to appreciate 91 and 92), all that is left is a Frozen Four championship.I've given up on baseball, screw the World Series! Preseason #1, GO REDHAWKS!!!!!!!!

(sorry, only hockey thread where people would understand)

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

gabs can get 52 but idk if he'll stay healthy, division is tuff.....speaking of division, theatlantic is gonna be nuts this year.

looking at your scorers prediction i dont see hartnell(i think hes gonna get 25-30)
nerd.gif
you got gagne twice.

flyers goals prediction
carter 40+
gagne 30-40
hartnell 25-30
richards 25-30
giroux 20-25
briere 20-25
JvR 15-25

You're out of your mind if you think everyone on that list aside from Richards and Carter are going to score that amount of goals.
I think they're perfectly reasonable... the amount of offensive depth Philly has is absurd.

I thought the games overseas were going to kick off the season. Oh well, should be interesting regardless. Looking for a big season out of my Blues, we shallsee what happens in this division.

I am not going to make a cup prediction because I can't honestly think of 2 teams who I have overwhelming confidence in.

Had a fantasy draft tonight that I could actually attend. 10 team league. Here's my roster.

Centers: Getzlaf, Mike Richards, Anze Kopita, Jason Arnott
LWs: Kunitz, Burrows, Rolston
RWs: Semin, Franzen, Gionta
Defenseman: Lidstrom, Souray, Zidlicky, Coburn
Goalies: Cam Ward, Steve Mason, Jon Quick.

What do you think?

Originally Posted by Ziostilon

just wait for the Leafs fans to come in here and say they're a legit cup threat. With Stalberg winning the calder
laugh.gif
I'm not one of those delusional Leaf fans that thinks we're a Cup contender, but I am going to say Stalberg gets my vote for the Calder.With his speed, smarts and ability to finish, there's no reason to not include him in these early predictions. If you look at the top 30 picks this pastJune, I personally don't see anyone being a clear shot at winning the Calder. Nothing against Tavares, but I think with all the pressure on him to"Save" the Isles, he won't do as much as everyone is expecting. Duchene is the only other player who I would mention for Calder, he may have asolid rookie year so I guess I would say it's either Stalberg or Duchene.

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

Had a fantasy draft tonight that I could actually attend. 10 team league. Here's my roster.

Centers: Getzlaf, Mike Richards, Anze Kopita, Jason Arnott
LWs: Kunitz, Burrows, Rolston
RWs: Semin, Franzen, Gionta
Defenseman: Lidstrom, Souray, Zidlicky, Coburn
Goalies: Cam Ward, Steve Mason, Jon Quick.

What do you think?
no bruins players...you're toast. might as well quit now.

laugh.gif

nah not too bad. guessing you had a late round pick (6-10?)

Originally Posted by cquan05

Originally Posted by Ziostilon

just wait for the Leafs fans to come in here and say they're a legit cup threat. With Stalberg winning the calder
laugh.gif
I'm not one of those delusional Leaf fans that thinks we're a Cup contender, but I am going to say Stalberg gets my vote for the Calder. With his speed, smarts and ability to finish, there's no reason to not include him in these early predictions. If you look at the top 30 picks this past June, I personally don't see anyone being a clear shot at winning the Calder. Nothing against Tavares, but I think with all the pressure on him to "Save" the Isles, he won't do as much as everyone is expecting. Duchene is the only other player who I would mention for Calder, he may have a solid rookie year so I guess I would say it's either Stalberg or Duchene.

I think if the Monster plays as well as he's billed and takes Toskalas job he could be. Especially if they make the playoffs which I could see happening.You can pretty much guarantee that the Pens, Caps, Devils, Flyers, and Boston all get into the playoffs but the last 3 spots are usually up for grabs untilvery close to the end of the season.

[table][tr][td]#[/td] [td]Name[/td] [td]Height[/td] [td]Weight[/td] [td]Date Of Birth[/td] [td]Age[/td] [td]Birthplace[/td] [/tr][tr][td]27[/td] [td]Steve Begin[/td] [td]6' 0"[/td] [td]192[/td] [td]Jun 14, 1978[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]Trois-Rivières, QC, CAN[/td] [/tr][tr][td]37[/td] [td]Patrice Bergeron"A" [/td] [td]6' 2"[/td] [td]194[/td] [td]Jul 24, 1985[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]Ancienne-Lorette, QC, CAN[/td] [/tr][tr][td]61[/td] [td]Byron Bitz[/td] [td]6' 3"[/td] [td]200[/td] [td]Jul 21, 1984[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]Saskatoon, SK, CAN[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12[/td] [td]Chuck Kobasew[/td] [td]6' 0"[/td] [td]192[/td] [td]Apr 17, 1982[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]Vancouver, BC, CAN[/td] [/tr][tr][td]46[/td] [td]David Krejci[/td] [td]6' 0"[/td] [td]177[/td] [td]Apr 28, 1986[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]Sternberk, CZE[/td] [/tr][tr][td]17[/td] [td]Milan Lucic[/td] [td]6' 4"[/td] [td]220[/td] [td]Jun 7, 1988[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]Vancouver, BC, CAN[/td] [/tr][tr][td]28[/td] [td]Mark Recchi[/td] [td]5' 10"[/td] [td]195[/td] [td]Feb 1, 1968[/td] [td]41[/td] [td]Kamloops, BC, CAN[/td] [/tr][tr][td]73[/td] [td]Michael Ryder[/td] [td]6' 0"[/td] [td]186[/td] [td]Mar 31, 1980[/td] [td]29[/td] [td]Bonavista, NL, CAN[/td] [/tr][tr][td]91[/td] [td]Marc Savard[/td] [td]5' 10"[/td] [td]191[/td] [td]Jul 17, 1977[/td] [td]32[/td] [td]Ottawa, ON, CAN[/td] [/tr][tr][td]60[/td] [td]Vladimir Sobotka[/td] [td]5' 10"[/td] [td]183[/td] [td]Jul 2, 1987[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]Trebic, CZE[/td] [/tr][tr][td]16[/td] [td]Marco Sturm"A" [/td] [td]6' 0"[/td] [td]194[/td] [td]Sep 8, 1978[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]Dingolfing, DEU[/td] [/tr][tr][td]22[/td] [td]Shawn Thornton[/td] [td]6' 2"[/td] [td]217[/td] [td]Jul 23, 1977[/td] [td]32[/td] [td]Oshawa, ON, CAN[/td] [/tr][tr][td]26[/td] [td]Blake Wheeler[/td] [td]6' 5"[/td] [td]205[/td] [td]Aug 31, 1986[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]Robbinsdale, MN, USA[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]#[/td] [td]Name[/td] [td]Height[/td] [td]Weight[/td] [td]Date Of Birth[/td] [td]Age[/td] [td]Birthplace[/td] [/tr][tr][td]55[/td] [td]Johnny Boychuk[/td] [td]6' 2"[/td] [td]225[/td] [td]Jan 19, 1984[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]Edmonton, AB, CAN[/td] [/tr][tr][td]33[/td] [td]Zdeno Chara"C" [/td] [td]6' 9"[/td] [td]255[/td] [td]Mar 18, 1977[/td] [td]32[/td] [td]Trencin, SVK[/td] [/tr][tr][td]21[/td] [td]Andrew Ference"A" [/td] [td]5' 11"[/td] [td]189[/td] [td]Mar 17, 1979[/td] [td]30[/td] [td]Edmonton, AB, CAN[/td] [/tr][tr][td]48[/td] [td]Matt Hunwick[/td] [td]5' 11"[/td] [td]190[/td] [td]May 21, 1985[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]Warren, MI, USA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]53[/td] [td]Derek Morris[/td] [td]6' 0"[/td] [td]221[/td] [td]Aug 24, 1978[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]Edmonton, AB, CAN[/td] [/tr][tr][td]45[/td] [td]Mark Stuart[/td] [td]6' 2"[/td] [td]213[/td] [td]Apr 27, 1984[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]Rochester, MN, USA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]Dennis Wideman[/td] [td]6' 0"[/td] [td]196[/td] [td]Mar 20, 1983[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]Kitchener, ON, CAN
[/td] [/tr][/table] [table][tr][td]
#[/td] [td]
Name[/td] [td]
Height[/td] [td]
Weight[/td] [td]
Date Of Birth[/td] [td]
Age[/td] [td]
Birthplace
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]40[/td] [td]Tuukka Rask[/td] [td]6' 3"[/td] [td]169[/td] [td]Mar 10, 1987[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]Savonlinna, FIN[/td] [/tr][tr][td]30[/td] [td]Tim Thomas[/td] [td]5' 11"[/td] [td]201[/td] [td]Apr 15, 1974[/td] [td]35[/td] [td]Flint, MI, USA[/td] [/tr][/table]
thats the active roster going into tomorrow night. interesting to see how the lines are drawn up. i just hope they keep krejci, ryder, and wheelertogether. great chemistry on that line. eager to see how sturm looks. and i wonder how long until hamill gets a call up

I am ready to see some Hawks hockey. I really dont expect to see a deep playoff run like they had last season.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

this is the year i try and get into hockey. So people start schooling me
you can start by watching the versus channel from 7pm-12am this thursday night.

you're going to be a rangers or devils fan i assume...ATFK or gingers/pro/jkotugu (sp
laugh.gif
) can help you out

Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:08 am EDT
[h2]Wayne Gretzky rejoining Los Angeles Kings?[/h2]
By Mark Miller

N ow that Wayne Gretzky has officially left his $8 million-a-year head-coaching gig with the on-life-support Phoenix Coyotes, there's word that he could be headed back to the Los Angeles Kings.

Kings GM Dean Lombardi told a Toronto radio station that he had "one more major signing I think will be huge for putting us over the hurdle." That signing is apparently Wayne Gretzky, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Lombardi has reportedly spoken to the Great One informally about bringing him in to be a minister of culture and identity. No word on whether Gretzky is actually interested or not.

Source: Los Angeles Times

Related: Los Angeles Kings, Phoenix Coyotes

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/rumors/teams/Phoenix+Coyotes/nhl.t.24

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

this is the year i try and get into hockey. So people start schooling me
you can start by watching the versus channel from 7pm-12am this thursday night.

you're going to be a rangers or devils fan i assume...ATFK or gingers/pro/jkotugu (sp
laugh.gif
) can help you out
Islanders fan perhaps? also i hope you dont have directv or your out of luck.

jkotugu
laugh.gif
btw i only chose this name cause i had just finished watching"Jigoku"(criterion) when i created this name, and im to lazy to come up with something creative. i guess its supposed to mean "Hell" injapanese.

The Devils are going to probably start the season with Pandolfo and Pikkarenien on the IR. How long exactly does a player sit on IR? Either way Im glad becausethat means Pandawful won't be playing for awhile. The lines will look something like this and the Devils are banking on Clarkson being even better than hewas last year. He is a scrappy player who draws a lot of penalties because he's annoying to play against. Showed some offensive prowess to last year. Lookfor them to be....

Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner
Rolston-Elias-Clarkson (when Elias is back of course)
Shanahan-Zubrus-Bergfors (Shanny and Berg have looked great together)
Leblond-Niedermayer-Peters (or Halischuk on either wing)

Back
Top Bottom