Official NHL Regular Season Thread... Capitals win President's trophy

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

anyone going to watch kings ransom tonight?
Is it going to be on ESPN?� IF so, what time?�

nvm, I guess it is.

Here's a preview.....

Originally Posted by DubA169

that 19 year old defender on the rangers is nasty.

does versus have an HD channel? I was heated the game wasn't on msg.

I have Versus HD with Verizon FiOS... depends on your service

Capitals @ Flyers tonight...
pimp.gif

Nothing would please me more today, than the Kings beating the Sharks tonight.

I mean, they can't play any worse than they did Saturday.
sick.gif

God forbid that I sit next to a Sharks fan tonight
grin.gif

[h1]Bruins Re-sign Milan Lucic[/h1]

[h2]B's sign the power forward to a 3-year contract.[/h2]

Tuesday, 10.06.2009 / 4:40 PM / News

Boston Bruins

BOSTON, MA - Boston Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli announced today that the club has signed forward Milan Lucic to a three-year contract extension through the 2012-13 NHL season. Per club policy, financial terms of the deal will not be disclosed.

The 21-year-old Lucic set career highs in all major statistical categories last year after recording 17 goals and 25 assists for 42 points, in addition to tallying 136 penalty minutes and a +17 rating. He netted his first career hat trick and a career-best four points on October 25, 2008, after a 3-1=4 performance against the Atlanta Thrashers.

During the 2008-09 postseason, the 6'3'' 228-pound winger had three goals and six assists and a team best +12 plus/minus rating in 10 games.

In his rookie year in 2007-08, Lucic registered 8-19=27 totals and 89 penalty minutes in 77 contests. Lucic earned the team's "Seventh Player Award" for his efforts, an award voted on by the fans and given to the Bruin who performs above and beyond expectations. He also contributed two goals in seven postseason games.

Lucic has skated in both games during the 2009-10 season and has notched one assist and five penalty minutes.

He was invited to - and participated in - Canada's National Men's Team Orientation Camp this past August, in advance of the 2010 Olympic Winter Games and 2010 IIHF World Championship. The 2010 Olympic Winter Games will be played in Lucic's hometown of Vancouver, British Columbia.

Originally drafted by the Bruins in the second round (50th overall) of the 2006 NHL Entry Draft, Lucic helped the Vancouver Giants of the Western Hockey League capture the 2007 Memorial Cup Championship.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The Lucic deal is worth $12.5 million over those 3 years......so $4.16 million a year.

Originally Posted by Ziostilon

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Alexei Semenov: Wife voids Semenov's contract with Rangers

Semenov's wife nixes deal with Rangers
[/h2]
The team announced that the 6-6 Russian had come to terms Wednesday evening, and on Thursday, Semenov's agent, Allan Walsh, posted it on Twitter.

But an "issue" developed Thurssday, the team said. On Friday, Semenov, who made the trip here but watched the Penguins' morning skate with Sather in the stands, left the team.

"He agreed, his agent agreed, but his wife didn't," Sather said. "He couldn't talk his family into it. In all my years of dealing with players, I've never had that happen before. He was crying."

Before Sather's comments, Semenov, whose wife lives in Russia, told Newsday he "would love to be here, but I don't think it's going to work out." Asked if he might play in Russia's KHL, he said, "Maybe, we'll see."

the wife is holding the cards
laugh.gif

eek.gif
At first I was so puzzled.

you never hear stories about a player or his family NOT wanting to go to NYC. Plus the fact that NYC has such a giant russian population. It just didn'tmake sense to me. So i told my dad about it (who is russian and doesn't care even a bit about sports) and he had it 100 percent right.

She doesn't want him to meet another woman. Point blank, end of story.

I really don't care about her reason as to why she won't let him sign with the Rangers... Why didn't she tell him this before he went throughtraining camp and preseason. It's really dumb.

so is that it? no way he's a ranger?

oh and I have time warner so i guess that's why i don't have an HD versus network. Are most games still gonna be on msg?

This game is living up to its billing
pimp.gif

That's gotta be Ovechkin's first backhand goal as a pro.
laugh.gif

smh.gif
@ this dude Ovechkin. NHL needs to test this guys urine ASAP. How is itpossible that this dude has 5 goals in the first 3 games of the season? I cant believe I questioned his chances of scoring 50 goals this season.

Originally Posted by DubA169

so is that it? no way he's a ranger?

oh and I have time warner so i guess that's why i don't have an HD versus network. Are most games still gonna be on msg?
I have time warner with VS. HD. must be your area
nerd.gif

Haha, that was me. To be honest, I had my eye on Carle prior to the season starting. I was hoping he'd been be teamed up with Pronger and his hot start tothe season was enough to convince me that he's worth the gamble. I can trade him to you for your 3 best players if you're interested
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Haha, that was me. To be honest, I had my eye on Carle prior to the season starting. I was hoping he'd been be teamed up with Pronger and his hot start to the season was enough to convince me that he's worth the gamble. I can trade him to you for your 3 best players if you're interested
laugh.gif
fkxrbl_th.jpg
laugh.gif
ithink he's gona have a monster year.

Back
Top Bottom