Official NHL Thread: Vol. I Know Some NTers Care

eek.gif
...what a comeback win for the Rangers....most important thing about itwas that it ended in regulation....

capt.d13a8ad36ae741fea851807e898156d4.devils_rangers_hockey_nyff103.jpg

i was at the ranger game.. sitting about 5 rows to the left of brodeur. the place was going nuts all night.. when the ref ruled it a goal the place wentberserk.

Originally Posted by geronim04

i was at the ranger game.. sitting about 5 rows to the left of brodeur. the place was going nuts all night.. when the ref ruled it a goal the place went berserk.
That game was awesome...I was actually sitting 2 rows behind Lundqvist

I feel bad for you Ginger, lots of Rangers fans on this damn board
laugh.gif

Sharks got a big win in OT against Dallas and Thornton now has 5 goals in his last 2 games
pimp.gif
I believe they're 6pts behind Detroit for 1st overall, and 16-0-2 in their last 18 or it's 15-0-2 in their last 17.

I expect the Wild to get an easy win over the Luongo and Morrison-less Canucks.......I just might take the over on this game now
glasses.gif

Can't believe Hossa left tonight's game against the Isles TWICE
smh.gif
Hopefully he wasn't injured too badly on that last hit from Bergenheim, especially since he's playing with Sid now that he's back from his injury.I honestly think the Pens can advance to the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs this year now that they've got a little experience and all systems are a goby the looks of it. Fleury seems to be solid in net, Dupuis is really doing well with his transition after the trade and he's playing with Hossa andCrosby. I don't see Malkin slowing down any time soon either, and his confidence is at an all time high right now. With all this and my belief that theSens will flop in the 1st round, who knows what will happen.

Sharks...
pimp.gif

I really hope this year that they can finally make some serious noise in the playoffs....I think Evgeni Nabokov could take them to the finals... he isawesome..........I'm going to start thinking about my playoff predictions(It's gunna be pretty damn hard to predict whats going to happen in theeast)....I'll post it in a little bit

capt.4953ae29a45c47bd8c664c7f38f6c2a0.surging_sharks_hockey_fx107.jpg

Here are my playoff predictions....

EAST

1) Pittsburgh*
2) Montreal*
3) Carolina*
4) New York
5) Ottawa
6) New Jersey
7) Philadelphia
glasses.gif
Boston

WEST

1) Detroit*
2) San Jose*
3) Minnesota*
4) Anaheim
5) Dallas
6) Calgary
7) Colorado
glasses.gif
Vancouver

1st Round

Pittsburgh defeats Boston
Montreal defeats Philadelphia
Ottawa defeats Carolina
New York defeats New Jersey

Detroit defeats Vancouver
San Jose defeats Colorado
Minnesota defeats Calgary
Dallas defeats Anaheim

2nd Round

Pittsburgh defeats New York
Montreal defeats Ottawa

Detroit defeats Dallas
San Jose defeats Minnesota

Conference Finals

Montreal defeats Pittsburgh

San Jose defeats Detroit

Stanley Cup Finals

San Jose defeats Montreal in 6 games

(I have no idea why there are smileys replacing the number 8's
laugh.gif
.....I tried editing them but it still shows up like that)

Damn, Canucks have to be the most injury plagued team this year. Morrison out with ACL injury, just 3 weeks after coming back from wrist surgery...I feel sorryfor the dude...former Iron Man..gets injured, works hard to come back, torn ACL...too bad its a contract year, too...this could be the nail in the coffin forhim in terms of playing in his hometown.

Malkin > Crosby

I read somewhere that the Pens are going to have a hard time retaining Malkin. There is no doubt that he will command a contract similar or more to what Crosbygot. The problem is, the Pens have some other players who they need to re-sign as well....Staal, Malone, and Fleury. There are going to be some decisions thatneed to be made, but as a Caps fan, there is nothing that I want more than to have a Pens team minus Malkin
laugh.gif

The race for the 8th playoff spot is going to go down to the wire. Bruins won (unfortunately), but so did the Caps yesterday. The B's and the Flyers have agame up on the Caps, but it will be interesting to see what happens. Imagine if the Rangers didn't win last night? I think they gave themselves plenty ofbreathing room, but if they lost....group them with the Flyers and Bruins for teams who MAY NOT be in the postseason.

those damn rangers man.

at least the bruins are somewhat on a winning streak. it sucks that they'll have to do it w/out kobasew.

if the bruins don't make the cut, i want to see the caps in it. i really like ovechkin and feel like he is the future of the NHL.

Imagine if that Montreal vs Pittsburgh Eastern Conference Final actually happened
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif

I have a feeling Crosby would light it up every game that took place in MTL........Bell Centre would be poppin' off
eek.gif
pimp.gif

I know Gingers is happy with that Devils win in a shootout
laugh.gif

Vancouver with a 4-0 loss in Minnesota tonight, they aren't even in the playoffs right now. Nashville won and Colorado won so Nashville is at 8th andColorado is in 7th. Was watching the Av's game and Oilers definitely let one slip away, they were 5 seconds away from being 1 point out of 8th place.

Montreal adding another chapter to their storybook season with that come from behind overtime win IN Buffalo. Didn't get a chance to watch that game but bylooking at the summary it was a wild one with them scoring those 2 late goals (last one with 15secs left), then Higgins potting the OT winner.

SJ beat Anaheim and Detroit lost so Sharks are now 4 back of 1st overall, they are really going to do damage in the playoffs. In their last 17 gamesthey've had 15 wins, an overtime loss, and a shootout loss
eek.gif
Tonight's gameagainst Anaheim was the 2nd of a back to back and Boucher started in place of Nabokov.

Sharks with another win....
pimp.gif
....I cant believe how great they have beenplaying

gunna be sportin this avy if the Rangers get eliminated and the sharks are still in....

pimp.gif

^ yeah that I am. As bad as they've been (seamingly) and as much as I have been complaining, they are 4-5-1 in their last 10. It could be alot worse. Otherthan that they are still pretty flat. Luckily they won though. This is the best time of the year for hockey though.

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

Damn, Canucks have to be the most injury plagued team this year. Morrison out with ACL injury, just 3 weeks after coming back from wrist surgery...I feel sorry for the dude...former Iron Man..gets injured, works hard to come back, torn ACL...too bad its a contract year, too...this could be the nail in the coffin for him in terms of playing in his hometown.

If they don't pull off a 4 game winning streak to end the season at home, theres a really small chance we're making it in
Its been a nice one,but injuries wise, theres still teams like Edmonton and Colorado that have had more injuries than the Nucks', its just that the Canucks weren't builtto sustain these injuries compared to the two other NW teams.
Also when its down the stretch, and the majority of players aren't playing with any emotion or heart, they don't deserve to win.
If theres anybody going to the game, go and rock out GM Place, and pump that place up. Half the time that building is filled with people that don't peep asound.

Now to a player that deserves to go into the playoffs, Ovechkin is the guy playing like Lebron. Has very little support cast, including Semin who i recall isnot performing as well as last season.

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

pimp.gif
....I cant believe how great they have been playing

gunna be sportin this avy if the Rangers get eliminated and the sharks are still in....

pimp.gif

lemme know if you wanna get laced up with a gif avy instead of that pic. (sharks only
laugh.gif
)

Really hope this is their year
embarassed.gif

GO SHARKS!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

YAY Go Sharks! They beat a depleted Anaheim team without their #1 Goalie, #1 Goal Scorer, #1 Point Leader, #1 Points Leading Defensemen...Congratulations!

Yeah Yeah, I know the Sharkies didn't have Nabokov, Cheechoo, or Rivet, but still that doesn't even match up to how many guys the Anaheim was missingand the skill level of players missing...

I agree SJ has been dominating the past month or so, but they have to prove they can last in the playoffs.

Anaheim Repeats in '08! GO DUCKS!!!

we really need those two against the Bruins to have any chance

which you guys aren't gonna get.
tongue.gif

krejci has really stepped up in the 2 games Savard was out. hopefully he can continue his hot streak this afternoon and i'll be out of work to watch it.

Originally Posted by geronim04

i was at the ranger game.. sitting about 5 rows to the left of brodeur. the place was going nuts all night.. when the ref ruled it a goal the place went berserk.
That game was awesome...I was actually sitting 2 rows behind Lundqvist

i was contemplating jumping over the boards when backman gave up that stupid pass that ended in a goal. he made up for it later though. he was boo'eda few times after that play.

You said the Canucks weren't built to handle injuries. I dont think it's just that, I think it's they like my DEVILS, weren't built to handleproblems with Luongo. Aside from Brodeur he is the only goalie in the league who can make a mediocre team a contender. With him being hurt as of late it hasbeen trouble from the start.

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

pimp.gif
....I cant believe how great they have been playing

pimp.gif

lemme know if you wanna get laced up with a gif avy instead of that pic. (sharks only
laugh.gif
)

Really hope this is their year
embarassed.gif

GO SHARKS!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
i looked for a good video of Nabokov but couldnt find any....if you dont mind could you make me a Nabokov video avy....if possible (a vid with thisyears jerseys)...thanks

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

You said the Canucks weren't built to handle injuries. I dont think it's just that, I think it's they like my DEVILS, weren't built to handle problems with Luongo. Aside from Brodeur he is the only goalie in the league who can make a mediocre team a contender. With him being hurt as of late it has been trouble from the start.

the only part of Luongo thats hurt is his head, from worrying too much about his daughter and his wife. now thats done and over with, hopefully he doessome stellar goaltending again

Back
Top Bottom