OFFICIAL NIKE AIR COMMAND FORCE PUMP & 180 PUMP RETRO THREAD (**NEW ACTUAL PIC ON PG 1)

I had the 180's in in 8th grade. Fantastic shoe. The dual inflation blew away Reebok the pumps. I have high arches and cranked it up to the max. Would absolutely love a new pair, if they kept true to form.

That would be really cool for the 180's to be retro'd, especially with a few new (decent) color ways. 

I didn't bother with the Air Pressures. I liked them, just not enough to pay $300. At this point in time, however, I didn't lose anything by waiting; they are still on ebay brand new for $300 or less.

With the 180's, I would probably pay $300 if I knew they would be a super limited release. But realistically (and since we generally never know exactly how limited a release is), I would probably wait to purchase them, given the lackluster aftermarket price performance of both the Command Forces and Air Pressures.

Based on the apparent poor demand of the recent Nike high top retro's, I get the impression that 90's-style high tops are simply not a very desirable shoe any longer (especially at $200+ price points). It seems like a super-niche market and probably not worth the trouble for Nike to bother with any longer. Just my speculation, though, and not based on anything other than my gut feeling. Despite all of that, I really hope Nike does produce the 180 pump.

Last edited:
We'll definitely see a 180 but I will not pay $300... The pressures cost $300 because of the box an pumps..

The pressures cost $300 because of the box an pumps..
Maybe that's part of the rationale Nike uses to justify the $300 price tag. But I'd be surprised if that cheap plastic box and flimsy pump cost Nike even $2.00 total to manufacture. The Pressures are $300 because that's what Nike thought the market would bear, and probably has no relationship whatsoever with the cost of manufacturing the product. It's good to be Nike.

Maybe that's part of the rationale Nike uses to justify the $300 price tag. But I'd be surprised if that cheap plastic box and flimsy pump cost Nike even $2.00 total to manufacture. The Pressures are $300 because that's what Nike thought the market would bear, and probably has no relationship whatsoever with the cost of manufacturing the product. It's good to be Nike.

True, Here is the thing doe.... Nike knew nga's were after that shoe because of the box... We know they were $300 in 89.. I guess the $300 price tag justify them being limited in this day in age.

Score!

The volt color way was the last one that I cared about getting. I now have the red, black, hyper jade, and volt. Woo hoo! And I still haven't worn any of them a single time lol. Hopefully I'll get around to wearing 'em one of these days.

Score!

The volt color way was the last one that I cared about getting. I now have the red, black, hyper jade, and volt. Woo hoo! And I still haven't worn any of them a single time lol. Hopefully I'll get around to wearing 'em one of these days.

Rep'D I barely even wear mine..

I only outdoor hoop in retros.
Mainly because my game is too much for todays soft rubber compounds.

I only ever really have weight complaints if the fit is bad.

I only outdoor hoop in retros.
Mainly because my game is too much for todays soft rubber compounds.

I only ever really have weight complaints if the fit is bad.

But my gosh... Your feet will fall off... We all know these will tear all your tendens just trying them on...

Score!

Nice!!!

an NBA player can get buckets in any shoe. it doesn't matter. i'm aware that people hooped in chucks, pumas, and air command force back in the day. what i'm saying is that you're feet are most likely going to hurt after you play for a couple hours and there's a higher percentage that you'd hurt yourself. there are tons of other shoes available for basketball today that would provide comfort and more adequate features to protect your body.  it's just the evolution of technology. to say it doesn't matter what shoes you hoop in, is basically saying you don't believe in technology. if you're playing a pick up game and these are the only shoes you got on you, then by all means wear them. but if you're hooping on a regular basis, in these, well good luck. also, why spend $200 (i know most of us got these on sale) on these for real life basketball when you could spend $200 or less on something more up to date to provide comfort. these were great in their day, but they're almost 30 years old. if you're a big man, pick up some lebrons or something. or even air force 1s with the lunar sole. i love the air command force. i wear the volts regularly, but never to ball in. just like i'm not going on 5 mile hikes in my air mowabbs anymore. there's better stuff out there. 
The command force 180's the arch inflated, so you will find better arch support than ANY athletic shoe today. That said, the lack of forefoot cushioning could be a concern for some. Yes, the leather basketball shoes of the 90's were hot, but fit, comfort, and support was next to none. 

When it comes to NIke, 90% of the "modernization's" have come in upper materials. Shox came and went, rather quickly. Lunar and flightplate/unlocked zoom are the midsole technologies that have come and stayed. I don't see lunar lasting much longer, it just doesn't do what Nike expected it to, which why it dropped from the hyperdunk. I guess of its a sign that Nike is running out of ideas when the 30th edition of the Air Jordan is a step down from the 29.

The game of basketball has changed as well, which is why zoom air is the predominant tech used. Big centers and power forwards are going the way of the dinosaur. Speed is the name of the game.

Those who didn't experience these shoes back then can't really say anything about the tech. The retro's are great, but the manufacturing quality is substandard compared to the OG.

Some people are trying to use shoes as a crutch for old or weak legs.
Sure I believe in technology.
I also know that a cobra from the 60s still smokes hondas today.
The kobe 11 is not preserving your joints any better than commands.
Nike has literally washed kids into thinking their shoes are far more specialized than they are.
Look at sefelosha.
You guys drank nikes markeying cool aid.
Their last innovation that worked was zoom

Nike has literally washed kids into thinking their shoes are far more specialized than they are.
Look at sefelosha.
I look at shoes like the Hyperlive with no cushioning tech at all. Is this 1975? How Nike can charge $110 for a lowtop with a thin layer of foam is beyond me.

I don't know but I would like to see another Olympic release of that model.

Chillin

How can I restore the Patent Leather on these??

I had these when they came out... So uncomfortable... I've always experienced extreme toe crushing on full patent Nike's...

Look at sefelosha.

Actually a modern VW GTI would smoke a Cobra around most Laps...

Back
Top Bottom