OFFICIAL NIKE AIR COMMAND FORCE PUMP & 180 PUMP RETRO THREAD (**NEW ACTUAL PIC ON PG 1)

I think a lot of people have just moved on from sneakers and the waiting for certain models to be given a retro.  Plus everyone on the planet knows who Jordan is while I'm pretty positive that the younger generation couldn't identify David Robinson in a lineup.  I paid $200 for my Commands and I'm fine with that. I passed on the Air Pressures because they don't have any significant nostalgia in my life.  The Commands were #1 on my list of retros to buy if they ever dropped.  I can't tell you how many times I would go into the sneaker stores back in the day and just stare at them wishing my parents would buy them for me.  

I didn't get the pressures either,but I will say I always wanted them passed because of the 300 price tag.... I'm glad I got these tho as you stated the ACF's were #1 on my list if they ever returned they did I Copped...

I'll say this , the CF is the first show that I went all in on. Meaning , I got every colorway and multiples of each colorway. This shoe was one of my all time favs as a youngin. Could never afford them back then , but now it was mandatory for me to cop them. I'm just glad that I waited till the price was more reasonable.

Luv that photo trethousandgt trethousandgt . Each brand and model were great in their own right. Pump tech is pure nostalgia.

Crazy how a legendary Vintage Shoe of the 90's Retros At $200 and Drops to Outlets and Clearance for $60/$50, Pretty much shows how the Shoe game is
messed up, Everybody cares for Jordans and leave the TRUE Classics behind. I Do Understand the retail price of $200 and Yea, I'm glad I waited.
But really Happy I was able to Cop the 2016 Nike Air Pressures that released a week ago.  

Growing up I wanted a shoe with Pump tech, whether it was Reebok, Nike or even LA Gear more than any Jordan. It was just something about them... I can't explain. My folks weren't having it though.

Last edited:
Luv that photo trethousandgt trethousandgt . Each brand and model were great in their own right. Pump tech is pure nostalgia.
Growing up I wanted a shoe with Pump tech, whether it was Reebok, Nike or even LA Gear more than any Jordan. It was just something about them... I can't explain. My folks weren't having it though.

Thanks, I was fortunate enough to own a pair of twilight zone pumps back in 1990 and that was because the store was going out of business and they went on sale for 50 bucks. But I was just as much as a feen back then as I am now lol, 1988-1992 Is my favorite time period for sneakers

Last edited:
I waited 3 months after drop and got my size 12 hoyles for 130. Such a mean shoe and that movie was always one of my favs. Glad they didn't pop real hard.. I still seen nobody wearing. Spring time they Makin a debut out here...

My local Shiekh had the Spurs CW on sale for $99. Should be getting em in this week since I had to special order. Not looking forward to what they're gonna do to my feet, but I could pass it up.

I really like the volts, been on the hunt for a 10.5. All I've been finding is retail prices for my size.

Got my Spurs pair in today.  These are gonna take a while to get used to, especially in the ankles.  Damn good looking shoes, though.

I've had the Volts and Spurs for a little over a year now and probably have worn them about 3 times a piece... if that. I almost bought some new gym/hoop shoes over the weekend before telling myself I'll just make these my new gym shoes. I need a reason to give these bad boys some wear anyway. Hope they break in nice on the court!

I've had the Volts and Spurs for a little over a year now and probably have worn them about 3 times a piece... if that. I almost bought some new gym/hoop shoes over the weekend before telling myself I'll just make these my new gym shoes. I need a reason to give these bad boys some wear anyway. Hope they break in nice on the court!
you really shouldn't hoop in these. you could majorly ef your ankle/leg/knee up. either that or your foot will bust through the leather. this is a 20+ yr old model. no modern technology in these. you're going to have a bad time.

Last edited:
you really shouldn't hoop in these. you could majorly ef your ankle/leg/knee up. either that or your foot will bust through the leather. this is a 20+ yr old model. no modern technology in these. you're going to have a bad time.
Same thing with certain Retro J's...and cats still hoop in them.

Same thing with certain Retro J's...and cats still hoop in them.
i know.. and they shouldn't. i tried to play in some air flight ones and there was no traction and no ankle stability. I'm not saying people don't hoop in retros. i'm saying they shouldn't. cop some currys or something. or jordan xx9s

Dude this statement is so utterly stupid... People played in these 20 years ago... Did people snap their ankles 20 years ago?... Human autonomy hasn't changed in 20 years :lol:... Of course they won't be as comfy as Kobe's or whatever, but they will absolutely not cause injury...

:smh:

Last edited:
Dude this statement is so utterly stupid... People played in these 20 years ago... Did people snap their ankles 20 years ago?... Human autonomy hasn't changed in 20 years :lol:... Of course they won't be as comfy as Kobe's or whatever, but they will absolutely not cause injury...

:smh:

I always felt that way but, I guess they're talking about them using different materials and not using full air units and such...

i wore my ultramarines this weekend for the third time. they have really broken nicely. i no longer feel like my foot is fighting against the toe cap. Now this shoe is going into the weekly rotation.

And if anything the sheer height of this shoe should prove more than adequate protecting your ankle.

Ive hooped in mine, they will feel heavy and restricting at first but you get used to them. There are a few factors when considering wearing them for ball, 1 How frequently do you play? 2 What position do you play? (Mainly aimed at bigs) and 3 how serious do you take it (if its rec ball then its not going to be a problem)

Ive worn mine in light sessions with the older guys just to donkey around and get a few laps in, I wouldn't consider them in my performance rotation but for weights in the gym and shooting around they are fine.

Either way lebron could wear these right now in a game and hed still put up numbers, a lot of the time its in peoples heads that shoes make the difference when in fact its about finding the shoe thats right for you.

Personally there has only been 1 or 2 model jordans that i felt worked for me on court and to my disappointment (cus i like nice kicks) Ive gotten better performance out of budget models (GR hyperdunks etc) than the "top model" lebrons/jordans.

Ive hooped in mine, they will feel heavy and restricting at first but you get used to them. There are a few factors when considering wearing them for ball, 1 How frequently do you play? 2 What position do you play? (Mainly aimed at bigs) and 3 how serious do you take it (if its rec ball then its not going to be a problem)

Ive worn mine in light sessions with the older guys just to donkey around and get a few laps in, I wouldn't consider them in my performance rotation but for weights in the gym and shooting around they are fine.

Either way lebron could wear these right now in a game and hed still put up numbers, a lot of the time its in peoples heads that shoes make the difference when in fact its about finding the shoe thats right for you.

Personally there has only been 1 or 2 model jordans that i felt worked for me on court and to my disappointment (cus i like nice kicks) Ive gotten better performance out of budget models (GR hyperdunks etc) than the "top model" lebrons/jordans.

Rep'd... well there you go NT..... @irishbaz just summed it up for those who feel.... Nike air command forces will break,blow knees or ankle...

Last edited:

I played some indoor pick up games in my Volts yesterday. Got them scuffed up real good so they are officially balling shoes now. :lol: Better than just letting them sit in my closet though. From a performance standpoint they were cool. I've never been much of a performance snob anyway so I'm the worst person to do a review in that regard. If its a basketball sneaker and it looks nice, as long as it's not a Chuck Taylor, I'm wearing it on the court. I've always been a form over function type person. :rolleyes

Dude this statement is so utterly stupid... People played in these 20 years ago... Did people snap their ankles 20 years ago?... Human autonomy hasn't changed in 20 years
laugh.gif
... Of course they won't be as comfy as Kobe's or whatever, but they will absolutely not cause injury...

mean.gif
aye, be my guest,  go ball your butt off in these... then we'll see who is truly the utterly stupid one. 
indifferent.gif

^^^^^ Do not ball in these, especially if you have wide feet and wear Nike Elite socks to ball. Lol. I tried playing in these outdoor and almost didn't make it to my car.

Back
Top Bottom