OFFICIAL NIKE AIR COMMAND FORCE PUMP & 180 PUMP RETRO THREAD (**NEW ACTUAL PIC ON PG 1)

And Sheed wore AF1's his entire career... Which are even older than these... People are SAWFT in here :lol:...
speed had ones made for him to ball in tho

Incorrect... His shoes were just like any ordinary AF1's except the colors... People sawed in half his PE's years ago here :lol:... Just normal AF1's...

And Sheed wore AF1's his entire career... Which are even older than these... People are SAWFT in here :lol:...

He also wore thousand dollar orthotics every game

Same can be said for any player in the NBA wearing any shoe...

Bruh , people used to ball in converse and puma's with no problems. So I don't see how one can say that these shoes are a no go for balling in. This shoe offers the best ankle support you can find in a b-ball shoe. And the cushioning may be outdated by todays standards, but back in the early 90's it was an improvement over the cushioning tech from the 80's. And if people can still ball in jordans without any problems, then they can ball in a pair of command forces without any problems.

Bruh , people used to ball in converse and puma's with no problems. So I don't see how one can say that these shoes are a no go for balling in. This shoe offers the best ankle support you can find in a b-ball shoe. And the cushioning may be outdated by todays standards, but back in the early 90's it was an improvement over the cushioning tech from the 80's. And if people can still ball in jordans without any problems, then they can ball in a pair of command forces without any problems.
+1
Exactly, it's not as if there are computer chips in these things adjusting cushioning on the fly. An air bag is an air bag. Zoom, Max, or regular. Sure there may be update materials, but that doesn't have an impact on how your body moves. Anatomy is anatomy. The only legitimate drawback you could say is the weight of these shoes, but, to me, they are definitely a big man's shoe. And maybe they are a bit too high for some peoples COMFORT leve. But they would offer much more support/protection than a regular mid or low. Don't let Nike make you drink the Kool-Aid thinking that all the HyperThis or Flyknit That are so superior.

Yeah some people love the Kobe 8 and the Kobe XI with those drop in midsoles and to me those are more trash for playing than these.

Those Kobe's are puzzle shoes to me.

Incorrect... His shoes were just like any ordinary AF1's except the colors... People sawed in half his PE's years ago here :lol:... Just normal AF1's...
Same can be said for any player in the NBA wearing any shoe...

So would you want to wear custom orthotics with a great cushioned shoe or shoe that felt like a brick? You're not going to unbelieve what you already believe

an NBA player can get buckets in any shoe. it doesn't matter. i'm aware that people hooped in chucks, pumas, and air command force back in the day. what i'm saying is that you're feet are most likely going to hurt after you play for a couple hours and there's a higher percentage that you'd hurt yourself. there are tons of other shoes available for basketball today that would provide comfort and more adequate features to protect your body.  it's just the evolution of technology. to say it doesn't matter what shoes you hoop in, is basically saying you don't believe in technology. if you're playing a pick up game and these are the only shoes you got on you, then by all means wear them. but if you're hooping on a regular basis, in these, well good luck. also, why spend $200 (i know most of us got these on sale) on these for real life basketball when you could spend $200 or less on something more up to date to provide comfort. these were great in their day, but they're almost 30 years old. if you're a big man, pick up some lebrons or something. or even air force 1s with the lunar sole. i love the air command force. i wear the volts regularly, but never to ball in. just like i'm not going on 5 mile hikes in my air mowabbs anymore. there's better stuff out there. 

Last edited:
Yes... Of course there are better options out... But dude said you'd F you feet up in these :lol:... That's not going to happen... Sure you'll probably be sore... But you're not going to damage yourself :lol:...

Yes... Of course there are better options out... But dude said you'd F you feet up in these
laugh.gif
... That's not going to happen... Sure you'll probably be sore... But you're not going to damage yourself
laugh.gif
i said you'd f your feet up in thes

this guy from the gym i hoop at tore his Achilles wearing air force 180 highs. it was bad. not the same as air command force but pretty similar. 

I have several pairs of Command Forces and none seem to have working pumps. Anyone else have the same problem?

this guy from the gym i hoop at tore his Achilles wearing air force 180 highs. it was bad. not the same as air command force but pretty similar. 
You cannot conclude, logically or otherwise, a person tore his Achilles because he wore Air Force 180 highs based on a sample size of one. How do you know he would not have torn his achilles in any other shoe he wore that day? The answer is, you don't, and therefore you cannot assert with any degree of accuracy that the torn achilles was due to the shoes.

In addition to the above, it just doesn't sound reasonable that a shoe that minimizes ankle movement would be MORE likely to cause an ankle-area injury. That just doesn't make logical sense to me. I would think that a shoe that had no ankle support would be more likely to associated with an ankle-area injury.

I have several pairs of Command Forces and none seem to have working pumps. Anyone else have the same problem?
Weird; I have 5 pairs (none of which I've worn yet lol), and all of the pumps work perfectly fine. One pair (which I returned) had a slightly impaired release valve, whereby I had to push it in really far to release the air. But the pump worked fine on that pair, too.

Last edited:
Weird; I have 5 pairs (none of which I've worn yet lol), and all of the pumps work perfectly fine. One pair (which I returned) had a slightly impaired release valve, whereby I had to push it in really far to release the air. But the pump worked fine on that pair, too.

Hmmm by "work perfectly fine" what do you mean? How tight can you pump them? Is the pump's effect noticeable after inflating them? I also have a ton of retro Reebok Pumps that don't function well. Maybe I should stay away from inflatable shoes.

Hmmm by "work perfectly fine" what do you mean? How tight can you pump them? Is the pump's effect noticeable after inflating them? I also have a ton of retro Reebok Pumps that don't function well. Maybe I should stay away from inflatable shoes.

All 5 of my CF's function fine as well. I wear them laced and unlaced and I can feel the bags no matter what. Keep in mind though that the Nike bags are much smaller than your standard Reebok bag, plus different placement.

I put my thumb on the lining of the shoe and index and middle toward the intake hole. About 15-20 pumps I start to feel but some work better than others for me.

I don't know how I could objectively state how "tight I could pump them", but I can state this: I can pump them about 30+ times and they will stay noticeably inflated for a few minutes without leaking, and then I can hear a fairly forceful "psssshhh" sound (you know, like Ed Bassmaster of youtube) when I push the release valve.

I have a bunch of Reebok pumps too, and have only had one pair that didn't really work. These were the Garbstore Pump Running Dual. Out of the four pumps (two on each shoe), one works really well, one sort of works, and the other two don't work at all. Then on a pair of 25th Anniversary Certified Pumps that I have, I have to pump one of the shoes a bit more than the other to get it to work, but it still otherwise works. All of my other Reebok pumps (maybe 5 pairs) work perfectly.

I don't know how I could objectively state how "tight I could pump them", but I can state this: I can pump them about 30+ times and they will stay noticeably inflated for a few minutes without leaking, and then I can hear a fairly forceful "psssshhh" sound (you know, like Ed Bassmaster of youtube) when I push the release valve.

I have a bunch of Reebok pumps too, and have only had one pair that didn't really work. These were the Garbstore Pump Running Dual. Out of the four pumps (two on each shoe), one works really well, one sort of works, and the other two don't work at all. Then on a pair of 25th Anniversary Certified Pumps that I have, I have to pump one of the shoes a bit more than the other to get it to work, but it still otherwise works. All of my other Reebok pumps (maybe 5 pairs) work perfectly.

Hmmm, is there some secret to pumping them? I press the pump on the Commands but nothing happens. I have 4 pairs that don't work and 20+ pairs of Reebok Pumps that don't work including all of my 25th Anniversary ones. I have vintage pairs that pump perfectly and you feel the difference after 5-10 pumps.

Hmmm, is there some secret to pumping them? I press the pump on the Commands but nothing happens. I have 4 pairs that don't work and 20+ pairs of Reebok Pumps that don't work including all of my 25th Anniversary ones. I have vintage pairs that pump perfectly and you feel the difference after 5-10 pumps.
A secret? Haha, maybe there is! On the CF's, on the left shoe for instance (with the show off of my foot), I just put my right thumb on the pump and the rest of my fingers on the interior of the shoe. My arm is oriented toward the back of the shoe for reference. Then I just pump away. One thing I do is pump once, then lift my thumb almost totally off of the pump in between pumps. Not sure if this is necessary, but it works for me. Same deal on the Reeboks- thumb almost completely off in between pumps. I think this allows the pump mechanism to refill to capacity in between each pump, which then facilitates more air flowing into the bladder with each pump.

I wore them for a full day at the SEC tournament yesterday. Mine never leaked, but then again I never have overly pumped them up. This was the first time that I actually wore them.

Back
Top Bottom