OFFICIAL: NIKE AIR MAX LEBRON VII & PS (Post Season) CONGRATS TO LBJ AS 2010 MVP! AM7, PS, Low MVP!

I wish there was a lake summit VII colorway... am I the only one that saw this thread jump a bunch of pages and got excited thinking there was new info on the Jordan/penny/dione/hwc/or cavfanatics??? dammit

I'm also not a fan of those PS's..there just not appealing to my eyes. And I want top notch performance ill just put on my Kobe IV's or soon to be Kobe V's, just my opinion tho

Big ups to dude who posted the nba.com dunkmans. Came in the mail yesterday and got em for a steal IMO. Can't wait to try hoopin in these bad boys.

Originally Posted by spoonmanofthehour

Originally Posted by kaczalas

nike-lebron-7-ps-gr-catalog-pics-2-03.jpg
i don't know what a lot of you guys see in these PS's.  i think i wouldn't mind them as much if we got all of the amazing colorways of the air max 7.  i guess i'm just bitter.
laugh.gif

HWC's, Kentucky's, CavFanatic's, Black/Pink's, SVSM aways, Black/Red's....WHERE ARE YOU?!?!  i need to switch to being a kobe fan and i won't have this problem.
grin.gif

THIS

it cant be overstated that the kobe line currently TRUMPS the lebron line... in terms of price, performance, colorways available, and just the overall execution of the releases for 2009's signature sneaks.  i know youre reading this Jason Petrie, you and nike need to step your freakn game up.  you have a lot to learn from the kobe line. almost every colorway sells out for the kobe V, and mmost lebrons sit...... Why??? give us the HOTTEST colorways, not the second tier colorways. i think Rock mentioned it a while ago, i hate going into the kobe thread with all those joyess m.f's... always anticipating an upcoming colorway, while we lebron heads anxiously wait for confirmation on the best colorways.  kobe V on the otherhand? they have a good 3-5 more c.w's lined up for after the season....... C.D/ that smurf color, etc etc... complete BS. We dont get no love???? 
indifferent.gif
unless there are going to be some big surprises for the end of the year, the lebron VII-- which looked so promising before will just end up like the rest of the lebron I-VI,
"Disappointing" and "Unmemorable"
alien.gif

I dont get what y'all are talking about with Air Max Lebron VII vs the PS VII? They're basically the same shoe and if anything the PS has the advantage.

They will be 20 dollars cheaper and they'll replace the Air max with Zoom, which most Basketball players prefer. Its looks like they improved the fit too.

In case you havent noticed the Air Max version is still widely available in every GR colorway and models are hitting outlets too. I dont think the PS will go this route mainly because I think it will appeal to the Hyper/Kobe crowd too.

2vtcj29.jpg

lbj7_blkgold.jpg

I've been a life-long laker fan and a huge fan of Kobe and his shoes. What I can't grasp about the lebron line is why don't we see kicks to match the Cavs uniforms?
Do they think these color combos won't sell? That's some B.S. I see laker haters everywhere in Nor Cal sporting yellow and purple kicks, which isn't a subtle color combo at all.
I just don't understand. Anyway, Akrons on the feet today.

Originally Posted by hotbutter

i don't know what a lot of you guys see in these PS's.  i think i wouldn't mind them as much if we got all of the amazing colorways of the air max 7.  i guess i'm just bitter.
laugh.gif

HWC's, Kentucky's, CavFanatic's, Black/Pink's, SVSM aways, Black/Red's....WHERE ARE YOU?!?!  i need to switch to being a kobe fan and i won't have this problem.
grin.gif

THIS

it cant be overstated that the kobe line currently TRUMPS the lebron line... in terms of price, performance, colorways available, and just the overall execution of the releases for 2009's signature sneaks.  i know youre reading this Jason Petrie, you and nike need to step your freakn game up.  you have a lot to learn from the kobe line. almost every colorway sells out for the kobe V, and mmost lebrons sit...... Why??? give us the HOTTEST colorways, not the second tier colorways. i think Rock mentioned it a while ago, i hate going into the kobe thread with all those joyess m.f's... always anticipating an upcoming colorway, while we lebron heads anxiously wait for confirmation on the best colorways.  kobe V on the otherhand? they have a good 3-5 more c.w's lined up for after the season....... C.D/ that smurf color, etc etc... complete BS. We dont get no love???? 
indifferent.gif
unless there are going to be some big surprises for the end of the year, the lebron VII-- which looked so promising before will just end up like the rest of the lebron I-VI,
alien.gif

Well said, I agree.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

I dont get what y'all are talking about with Air Max Lebron VII vs the PS VII? They're basically the same shoe and if anything the PS has the advantage.

They will be 20 dollars cheaper and they'll replace the Air max with Zoom, which most Basketball players prefer. Its looks like they improved the fit too.

In case you havent noticed the Air Max version is still widely available in every GR colorway and models are hitting outlets too. I dont think the PS will go this route mainly because I think it will appeal to the Hyper/Kobe crowd too.
Man, everyone caught up with those air max'.  It JUST looks good.  Doesn't do too well on the court compared to Zoom.  There really isn't a comparison there performance wise.  I don't understand either.  I guess people now days don't really appreciate a good basketball shoe because they're more concerned on what looks "fly".  With the PS/POP, people are getting a better performing, lighter, cheaper shoe but they HATE it just because it doesn't look as good without the air max bubbles at the bottom, smh.  There's a reason they're BASKETBALL shoes.  Maybe you guys should try and ball out in your shoes every once in awhile. 
tired.gif

These are definite cops for me, and for the other ballers out there.  These are GREAT shoes...

You make a couple of good points but i think alot of the general public are still "scared" to venture away from zoom.  I understand why people love it so much but Air Max VII's feel great to me and a good amount of zoom lovers.  Granted the price tag is a bit high and i definitely see that as a problem when it comes to sales, but alot of the cws are worth it to me.  Alot of people also equate lebron shoe to "heavy" which isnt true with the VI's and VII's.  I have heard people saying these are heavy but i really think people need to get their weight up, drink some more milk, and go outside more ofthen to get some vitamin D wit they weak behinds imo.

Originally Posted by OahuGrownHI

Man, everyone caught up with those air max'.  It JUST looks good.  Doesn't do too well on the court compared to Zoom.  There really isn't a comparison there performance wise.  I don't understand either.  I guess people now days don't really appreciate a good basketball shoe because they're more concerned on what looks "fly".  With the PS/POP, people are getting a better performing, lighter, cheaper shoe but they HATE it just because it doesn't look as good without the air max bubbles at the bottom, smh.  There's a reason they're BASKETBALL shoes.  Maybe you guys should try and ball out in your shoes every once in awhile. 
tired.gif

These are definite cops for me, and for the other ballers out there.  These are GREAT shoes...
it doesn't just look good.  it's a good performance shoe too.  it doesn't stop lebron from leading the NBA in scoring.  also, i don't want to hear that not everyone is lebron's size.  they perform well for me too and i'm 6 foot, 190.  besides, it's the player, not the shoes.  hell, back in the day people balled in air jordan 1's.  some people make it sound like your putting cars on your feet.  THEY ARE SHOES.  i think today people are just spoiled with this whole performace thing.  these shoes aren't heavy, and people keep talking about lightness.  how light do you need your d@mn shoes.  it's not like they feel like you have ankle weights on.  if you want zoom, there are other shoes with zoom.  i just thought i was a nice change of pace to have an air max 7.....and i love the look AND performance.  that's just my 2 cents.  besides, the PS's are coming out with zoom so people who want them can have them and enjoy them.  i just know i won't be buying them.  like they say, it is what it is.  i'm happy for the people who want them.  i just know i'm done until the lebron VIII(unless some miracle happens and we get more air max 7's)comes out with air max...and i think zoom too. 
happy.gif

the 7 was/is a dope shoe cant say im happy about the CWs that dropped and what could have...

regardless, its a cool design but at this point im assuming i will continue to be disappointed in the generically average versions they release and outside of a really dope MVP shoe im not holding my breath anymore....

the PE hunt begins...which lets be honest, is part of the fun.

laugh.gif

grin.gif

THIS

indifferent.gif
alien.gif

i understand where your coming from... but what about the general public that is not so much into sneakers as your typical NT'er. I think thats the reason why they limit those bright colored shoes to HOH/limited numbers because they fear it wont do well with the general buyer. Im pretty sure the chaos Vs are sitting in footlockers everywhere because who outside of the sneaker culture/LA would buy that shoe? And i wonder if they hold back on some of these ideas in case of a retroing of the lebron line so they would have our generation who wanted them, and the next generation buyer.

but with that said they need to release cavfanatics and hwcs fassst.

i know youre reading this Jason Petrie, you and nike need to step your freakn game up.  you have a lot to learn from the kobe line. almost every colorway sells out for the kobe V, and mmost lebrons sit...... Why???

Designers don't always have that much leeway in terms of what they're expected to produce.

Even when they have nothing left to prove.

Check the difference between Eric Avar's concept sketch for the Penny IV, and the shoe that it became.

Petrie's had at least one of his designs substantially changed too.

*IF* The Lebron VII is doing noticably worse than the Kobe V, there's a number of possible factors involved..ones that go beyond the designer.

^^What swingshot said
Rock even said it himself
these guys have so much talent but are restrained
nike puts a limit to what they can do, and its wack
of course if they put out whatever, we'd have more shoes before their times
such as the foamposites, azkIII, etc... all shoes great, and look before their time

Picked up the Blackouts and White/black/red both for 89.99. Ordered a pair of Dunkmans and they will be at my House sometime next week

Collection So Far.

Haha, no one is saying that GOOD shoes will make you an NBA MVP. But they do make a difference regardless of what anyone says. We all know that. If they didn't why would anyone bother?

Air Max, imo considering how high off the ground they feel, they provide decent performance. I've played in my pair a few times and yea, they felt good. Also, they weren't heavy for me at all, but why wouldn't you want a similar but lighter/cheaper/better performing shoe? It's like having a girlfriend, but then finding a finer, lower maintenance chick, with bigger ******* who's a freak in bed, but not wanting her instead.... WHY THE HELL NOT?

With zoom, call me crazy, but i can cut a little harder and my first steps are a lot quicker. IMO, what, Zoom Air does when playing basketball are unmatched which is why I'm so excited for the PS/POPs

Originally Posted by DNeou20

^
these guys have so much talent but are restrained
nike puts a limit to what they can do, and its wack
of course if they put out whatever, we'd have more shoes before their times
such as the foamposites, azkIII, etc... all shoes great, and look before their time

^ Exactly.

Nike have become much less inclined towards substantial improvements in performance, or changes in aesthetics, from one shoe to it's successor.

They're reaping the rewards of their innovation in the past. They no longer have to push the envelope like they once did, because they've essentially put the competition to rest.

It's more about squeezing every last drop out of every model. Cutting corners everywhere.

Example: The Zoom BB - an uncluttered, clean design. Full Length Zoom. Performance shoe at a decent price.

...except the BB3 didn't get a proper release in the US, and there wont' be a BB4 at all.

No, instead North America gets the Air Max Rise. Heel Air Max unit, low density Phylon in the foreoot, for about the same price as the Original BB cost.

Nike were never about value for money, but in the last couple of years it's just felt like they're really tightening the thumb screws.

exactly; nike is cutting corners
remember, nike is a BUSINESS and it's about the money
cutting corners is exactly what they're doing
they're just trying to make profit, hence why they have athletes wearing lower end shoes
ala roy in the air max rise and rookies in them during AS break and whatnot
they're going to squeeze every little ounce they can of what they already have
which is why there are so many retros now along with re-retros (ala eggplant foams)
innovation really comes through the sig lines now sadly and even there, nike won't let designers do their thing

To me the lebron 7 has been a let down, so many nice colorways such as hwc, cavfanatic, svsm, kentucky and others and not being released
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom