Official Nike Air Max Penny 1 Updated - 2022 Retro Coming!

91blJEoDdcL._SL1500_.jpg

Never get tired of seeing this shoe. I'm not a huge fan of resell at all but with this shoe it makes more sense for it to have high resell value than alot of the trash or highly over rated kicks that people spend crazy dough for. Glad I doubled up. One under retail and another for resell.

Answered already but yeah Big Foot Gang.
Dont mind me just another middle ager throwing out young bucks lingo and it going wrong,
not the first likely not the last lol.
At times i wonder some of you gents heights with these big *** shoes. Remember really wanting to break 6'4 because i believe thats The Rocks height but alas iam but a mere short mortal of 5'10. Sneaker wise im glad however because those sizes seem to be a pain in the *** for you all to grab at retail.

The struggle for sz 13 is unmatched.

Sometimes I wish I was a smaller size but then that would mean me being shorter…sacrificing my height. Which is something I won’t do :lol:

4th wear yesterday, forgot to post last week.

Heel slippage:
I laced them the same as in the previous 3 weeks and I can say that the heel slippage is over. No relacing was necessary!

Comfort:
They have fully broken in, comfort last and this week was the same. Sadly not the same as the Kobe protros, will write a bit more at the end.

Running, stopping, cutting:
not much changed, I am unsure if I am happy about that or not. I did some sprints, they felt ok, sadly not great though, which I had actually hoped for.

Penny 1 vs. Kobe 4 and 5 protro:
the last two weeks I have worn the Penny‘s for the first hour and for the second hour the Kobe 4 and 5 respectively, in order to have a direct comparison.
I must say I am sad, that the Penny 1s did only get the retro and not the protro treatment, my feet felt immediately more comfortable and just like home in the protros. In every aspect they outperform the Penny’s. This was expected, but I was so hyped that after 27 years the homes would finally be retroed that I kind of ignored that, but the last 4 weeks have put have brought me down to earth, literally. I could probably wear them for a whole game, but the last third the missing comfort would be a distraction for me, the Kobe protros are still the Benchmark for me. I do not have any GT Cut experience, but that will change next month hopefully. I do not wear Basketball shoes casually, the court is where they belong.

Final verdict:
the Penny 1 are finally back, I am super glad about that, but I must face reality, in the 90s this tech was top notch, but in comparison to today, it is just average! Penny is still my number 1 of course!

Everybody enjoy their weekend! 9388C5FA-B047-403C-8664-5C61CCB8599E.jpeg 1A3FF672-620C-41C7-99E9-173C897D60AC.jpeg

Heel slippage:
I laced them the same as in the previous 3 weeks and I can say that the heel slippage is over. No relacing was necessary!

Comfort:
They have fully broken in, comfort last and this week was the same. Sadly not the same as the Kobe protros, will write a bit more at the end.

not much changed, I am unsure if I am happy about that or not. I did some sprints, they felt ok, sadly not great though, which I had actually hoped for.

the last two weeks I have worn the Penny‘s for the first hour and for the second hour the Kobe 4 and 5 respectively, in order to have a direct comparison.
I must say I am sad, that the Penny 1s did only get the retro and not the protro treatment, my feet felt immediately more comfortable and just like home in the protros. In every aspect they outperform the Penny’s. This was expected, but I was so hyped that after 27 years the homes would finally be retroed that I kind of ignored that, but the last 4 weeks have put have brought me down to earth, literally. I could probably wear them for a whole game, but the last third the missing comfort would be a distraction for me, the Kobe protros are still the Benchmark for me. I do not have any GT Cut experience, but that will change next month hopefully. I do not wear Basketball shoes casually, the court is where they belong.

Final verdict:
the Penny 1 are finally back, I am super glad about that, but I must face reality, in the 90s this tech was top notch, but in comparison to today, it is just average! Penny is still my number 1 of course!

Everybody enjoy their weekend! 9388C5FA-B047-403C-8664-5C61CCB8599E.jpeg 1A3FF672-620C-41C7-99E9-173C897D60AC.jpeg
Thanks for this post. I wish there were more posts like this and less of the negative unecessary back and forth......as spicy and entertaining as it may be sometimes 😂 lol. Real people rocking kicks giving real, honest reviews that we can use today, a year from now and so on.

I know your position is basketball shoes for the court only. However Ironically, I like these types of comparisons because they do speak to casual use and durability. Basically if they hold up well to the rigors of on court play then they can definitely handle daily wear. Any aesthetic cues are just icing on the cake. I believe this is why so many of our staple sneakers up until the early 2000s (minus the last decade with the exception of ultra boost and Flyknit racers etc.) were built for on court but translated well into casual wear. They were so well made for their intended purpose that athletes wanted to wear them off court because they were so comfortable and happened to look cool too. Then non athletes peeped the style and wanted them too. Then it became common place for sneakers to be worn just as casually off court/field just as much as on. The Penny 2s in the Orlando colorway were my first shoes I had to have and thanks to Big Ma, I got em. They were for the court for the play ground and for the streets (a no no for real hoopers but we were broke 🤷🏿‍♂️).

I honestly can't think of many sneakers that get the most wear that weren't built for a specific sport until very recently. Casual shoes when I was a kid were Rockports and Hush Puppies ad Clarks. Nike and the other guys had casual daily walkers but for the most part those were for old people and maybe cool down shoes for athletes. All the kicks we wore from AF1s/Chucks/Shells, to Jordans, to Air Max, to Adidas Eqt, to all the signature models we chased, all of them were intended for sports but we're worn casually very frequently.

These days alot of sneakers are built for casual use only like Yeezy's and other lifestyle models but that's a fairly new occurrence I believe.

Heel slippage:

Comfort:

Final verdict:

Forgot to ask and I apologize if you already mentioned it but what size did you go with?

Anyone else going through this? 2006 pair and the bubbles are cracked and gone on both pair, but only on the outer bubble. The inner bubble still going and they are wearable (wore them yesterday no issues). Weird, I thought, but maybe a way to keep them useable even when the bubble is popped? If so, the excuse for small bubbles is dumb since they had a backup plan the whole time. Lol random.

Attachments

• B62399FB-ECD7-4300-A962-C9E584EAC8A8.jpeg
    B62399FB-ECD7-4300-A962-C9E584EAC8A8.jpeg
    282.9 KB · Views: 809
  • 7436C32A-B6FA-4810-9D87-A6BB9DE05D87.jpeg
    7436C32A-B6FA-4810-9D87-A6BB9DE05D87.jpeg
    360.6 KB · Views: 1,358
Anyone else going through this? 2006 pair and the bubbles are cracked and gone on both pair, but only on the outer bubble. The inner bubble still going and they are wearable (wore them yesterday no issues). Weird, I thought, but maybe a way to keep them useable even when the bubble is popped? If so, the excuse for small bubbles is dumb since they had a backup plan the whole time. Lol random.
Today I learned there is an inner bubble which makes me more upset we don't get the large bubbles like we used to.

Heel slippage:

Comfort:

Final verdict:

I think it’s cool you decided to hoop in these, but you do know that these aren’t made how they were originally designed yes? The last Penny 1 that was still a basketball shoe was the Knicks in 2005. I’m saying all that to say you can’t properly assess 90s tech from these.

I think it’s cool you decided to hoop in these, but you do know that these aren’t made how they were originally designed yes? The last Penny 1 that was still a basketball shoe was the Knicks in 2005. I’m saying all that to say you can’t properly assess 90s tech from these.

Yes I do know, sad enough that 2005 was the last time they made a Penny 1 for hooping only. Maybe I need to find a Knicks pair now, LOL

Yes I do know, sad enough that 2005 was the last time they made a Penny 1 for hooping only. Maybe I need to find a Knicks pair now, LOL
Actually, now that I think about it, I think there was another colorway or two that also dropped before the ‘06 Penny 1s came with all of the changes.

Today I learned there is an inner bubble which makes me more upset we don't get the large bubbles like we used to.
Me too, sad part is my Knicks Pennys do the same thing in one shoe and it minimally affects the heel padding. No excuse for small bubbles, just lane Nike being Nike.

Back
Top Bottom