Official Nike Air Max Penny 1 Updated - 2022 Retro Coming!

I feel you. My only complaint with lines is that they aren't getting any safer.. I'd rather enjoy my purchase from my door step.. Just me..
I wanna say you have to k own your stores/neighborhoods/crowds/releases and that should mitigate the safety and shenanigans.......BUT, then we have wht happened in California at Shoe Palace last year where a staff member got shot over a raffle for black and camo dunks which barely had any resell value and didn't look that good at all.

Nothing will top what I read in the sports cards thread. Cats literally following the rep that delivers to Target. Straight stalking them from store to store.
They do this for Bourbon in my area too believe it or not. They follow the delivery truck. Old retired dudes sitting outside the liquor store at 3-4 AM waiting till 9 hoping to score a hard to find bottle. It’s nuts. It’s worse than sneakers.

Fcfs can be a disaster even for a mediocre release lol. This new thing has started in the past year or two in my area where kids are lining up almost daily basically stalking even the possibility of an unexpected drop or catching a return they could flip. Managers and staff are super annoyed with it. Was driving past the local Footlocker this summer and saw line. Immediately thought it was our store finally getting the Penny 1s. It was not. It was actually nothing. Just 15 or 20 kids lining up just HOPING to catch something.
Wait, what? :rofl:
I’m from metro Detroit (don’t live there now), where is this happening?
How does that even make sense of any kind? Are there that many random drops and/or “quick strikes” these days to justify doing that? That ish sounds beyond wild to me LOL

I’d rather go without a pair of shoes than give these losers money. Again, I’m not enabling that type of behaviour, regardless if it’s $100 over retail or $10 over retail. I don’t suffer from FOMO either, so going without a pair means nothing to me. Lol

This is where I’m at now; it’s the principle of how these resellers move. Out here giving TED talks about the jux.

If I miss, I miss; can’t be supporting these folks.

They do this for Bourbon in my area too believe it or not. They follow the delivery truck. Old retired dudes sitting outside the liquor store at 3-4 AM waiting till 9 hoping to score a hard to find bottle. It’s nuts. It’s worse than sneakers.

This is where I’m at now; it’s the principle of how these resellers move. Out here giving TED talks about the jux.

If I miss, I miss; can’t be supporting these folks.
I get this, but this isn't every reseller. I mean, I applaud the stance. But, it's not this virtuous thing necessarily. We all have our personal approach to sneakers and our non negotiables. And everyone going after hype leaves a ton of dope kicks on shelves at steals. I was team anti resell until about 2019. Heck, I was basically team anti retail. I would literally only pay retail a few times a year and everything else was under $100. Before then, I would wait for the outlets, Marshalls, sales, pre-owned, etc. It didn't make sense for me to pay increasing prices for sneakers with decreasing quality and decreased quality control. And the petty in me enjoyed telling a someone I paid $50 for a shoe they pay $150 for lol. I also enjoyed styling a pair that flew under the radar and a breaking other heads necks and hanging their opinion about a shoe. But, to be honest kicks kind of became like traveling for me or any kind of experience. I kinda got tired of having to appreciate it from a distance, especially once I was able to afford it. So rather than buy or keep 3 kicks I barely wear, I'll pay retail or resell on 1 or 2 pairs I'm genuinely excited about. And if I don't like them, I'm usually the guy on StockX or goat or eBay pissing off sellers because I don't mind taking the lowest offer lol. Unless I bought a pair specifically for resell (which are majority outlet finds) imnjist trying to get enough for then next sneaker.

I get this, but this isn't every reseller. I mean, I applaud the stance. But, it's not this virtuous thing necessarily. We all have our personal approach to sneakers and our non negotiables. And everyone going after hype leaves a ton of dope kicks on shelves at steals. I was team anti resell until about 2019. Heck, I was basically team anti retail. I would literally only pay retail a few times a year and everything else was under $100. Before then, I would wait for the outlets, Marshalls, sales, pre-owned, etc. It didn't make sense for me to pay increasing prices for sneakers with decreasing quality and decreased quality control. And the petty in me enjoyed telling a someone I paid $50 for a shoe they pay $150 for lol. I also enjoyed styling a pair that flew under the radar and a breaking other heads necks and hanging their opinion about a shoe. But, to be honest kicks kind of became like traveling for me or any kind of experience. I kinda got tired of having to appreciate it from a distance, especially once I was able to afford it. So rather than buy or keep 3 kicks I barely wear, I'll pay retail or resell on 1 or 2 pairs I'm genuinely excited about. And if I don't like them, I'm usually the guy on StockX or goat or eBay pissing off sellers because I don't mind taking the lowest offer lol. Unless I bought a pair specifically for resell (which are majority outlet finds) imnjist trying to get enough for then next sneaker.

Appreciate your thoughts on the topic.

I’m over the hassle. I’m also ok with striking out for retail.

For me, tweets like the one ill4eva ill4eva posted justifies my position, for me.

That’s all.

Back in the day when I was younger getting into the game 2012-15 era my homie and I would line up and camp and it was cool. But now I wouldn’t line up unless it’s a fair shot and chance to get the shoe and no longer than 1 hr for me.

Resale, retail, missing out, copping, hype purchasing, buying for resale. In the end do what makes you happy. I miss out now and I will not pay resale, but would for certain shoes I’d pay resale and they aren’t Jordan’s.

lmao, its crazy how I used to camp back in the days ... even made the #1 spot once.
asked for my 11.5 and was told we sold out on that sz...
Casper must have copp :smile:

Wait, what? :rofl:
I’m from metro Detroit (don’t live there now), where is this happening?
How does that even make sense of any kind? Are there that many random drops and/or “quick strikes” these days to justify doing that? That ish sounds beyond wild to me LOL
Metro Detroit actually the area I'm talking about 😂. I get doing this at the outlets because you could come up on something and that's where the bulk buyers go. But, yeah, these kids are waiting outside for a couple hours with zero guarantee of getting anything. Then when they finally open they harass the staff asking for "heat" and returns. It has to work sometimes but not enough to do this regularly. There's a new footlocker across from where Northland Mall used to be. They do it there and at other footlockers. I was watching YouTube and apparently it's a thing in New York too.

Last edited:
Resale, retail, missing out, copping, hype purchasing, buying for resale. In the end do what makes you happy. I miss out now and I will not pay resale, but would for certain shoes I’d pay resale and they aren’t Jordan’s.
I agree. Most of my resell purchases are air max and new balance and formerly sb dunks. Unless it's an OG or a good Collab, no Jordan is worth resell to me, most are barely worth retail. Not because I don't like them but to see the price go in one direction and quality go in the other is a slap in the face. If resellers don't finesse you Nike/Jordan definitely will.

I'm curious, why do people buy doubles of sneakers that they probably put on ice anyway? If you're not going to wear one pair often or at all, why buy 2? Just curious.
I rarely double up but when I do it's for a sneaker I want to wear often but I'm hesitant to unDS because I like the shoe so much I don't want to just wear it to the grocery store. Having a second pair makes me feel alot more comfortable about wearing the first pair knowing I have a crispy pair on ice. And I usually only do this when 8 can get a deal on at least one of the pairs. I've only done this with air force ones, Maroon AJ6s, most recently Fire red AJ3s and these Penny 1s.

Damn no 12’s thanks for the link

Apparently I got the last 13, we’ll see I suppose 🤷🏾‍♂️

Thanks for the link :smokin

I rarely double up but when I do it's for a sneaker I want to wear often but I'm hesitant to unDS because I like the shoe so much I don't want to just wear it to the grocery store. Having a second pair makes me feel alot more comfortable about wearing the first pair knowing I have a crispy pair on ice. And I usually only do this when 8 can get a deal on at least one of the pairs. I've only done this with air force ones, Maroon AJ6s, most recently Fire red AJ3s and these Penny 1s.
I double on shoes I know I will wear a lot and are easy to go with a lot of things. Once I’ve worn em a while later on when I’m going somewhere or need a fresh pr. They don’t look right with a new fit. So after pull the double pr, probably in a yr or so, I’ll use one for getting dressed and one for running around.

Back
Top Bottom