Official Nike Air Max Penny 1 Updated - 2022 Retro Coming!

That Gentry guy didn’t pull this BS with Penny’s when he ran NSW
"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain." -Gentry

iwdxG7gg_400x400.jpg

It’s not a popular shoe though. The demand won’t be there like other pairs. They all gonna keep undercutting each other with no one to buy.

Once upon a time Air Max 2 CB's and Freshwaters weren't that hard to get either. It's all about allocation and a lot of times that undercutting doesn't happen, when it's not thousands more flooding the market.

Especially with recent OG colorway retroes the past three years. They've been made in less numbers..

I’ll never buy or wear fakes but it’s getting harder and harder to fault those that make and buy the quality ones. The knockoff industry used to be fueled by cheaply-made replicas made for people who couldn’t afford or didn’t want to pay RETAIL for the actual product or were too stoopid to realize they were buying fakes.

This was abhorrent because it undercut the creators of the products and actual R&D and marketing costs.

But now Nike has created a situation where they are plainly refusing to reissue products in sufficient quantities that they know their loyal customers want to buy from them. All in the name of growth, hype, and profit margin. These aren’t new designs. These aren’t new technologies. There is no considerable marketing dollars behind them anymore.

Now, knockoff factories can actually make a comparable (or even superior) product and still turn a profit due to exorbitant resale prices. And this isn’t undercutting Nike or the original designers in any way since all of the product that Nike choses to release itself sold out for full retail.

I can’t even blame the retailers that backdoor anymore cuz Nike forces them to purchase loads of bricks in order for them to get limited runs of shoes that actually sell.

It doesn’t even both me when it’s a hyped collab. Those never were and never should be for everyone. But this one hurts. And I’m not even a fan of the shoe and didn’t try to buy it. But I recognize it’s a classic and it’s a shame that so many people here couldn’t get a pair.

Maybe you can blame the social media hype machine that makes everyone want the same things. But ultimately I believe Nike did this to itself by abandoning its core consumer to chase unsustainable growth.

Speak up with your wallets and stop buying Nike’s consolation prizes.

^ now that I think about it I'm not surprised these got the limited tag... same thing happen with neon 95, freshwater griffs and the first colorway of the cb2 94

L here. Utterly disgusted with this drop.

Couldn't afford them as a kid, so I guess my SS pair will be as close as I'll ever get to owning the Orlando's 🤷🏽‍♂️

The crazy thing is that these weren't even hyped on the socials. Its Nike trying to build hype for these. I bet the next collab or drop will now have all the younger people and young resellers after them

I’ll never buy or wear fakes but it’s getting harder and harder to fault those that make and buy the quality ones. The knockoff industry used to be fueled by cheaply-made replicas made for people who couldn’t afford or didn’t want to pay RETAIL for the actual product or were too stoopid to realize they were buying fakes.

This was abhorrent because it undercut the creators of the products and actual R&D and marketing costs.

But now Nike has created a situation where they are plainly refusing to reissue products in sufficient quantities that they know their loyal customers want to buy from them. All in the name of growth, hype, and profit margin. These aren’t new designs. These aren’t new technologies. There is no considerable marketing dollars behind them anymore.

Now, knockoff factories can actually make a comparable (or even superior) product and still turn a profit due to exorbitant resale prices. And this isn’t undercutting Nike or the original designers in any way since all of the product that Nike choses to release itself sold out for full retail.

I can’t even blame the retailers that backdoor anymore cuz Nike forces them to purchase loads of bricks in order for them to get limited runs of shoes that actually sell.

It doesn’t even both me when it’s a hyped collab. Those never were and never should be for everyone. But this one hurts. And I’m not even a fan of the shoe and didn’t try to buy it. But I recognize it’s a classic and it’s a shame that so many people here couldn’t get a pair.

Maybe you can blame the social media hype machine that makes everyone want the same things. But ultimately I believe Nike did this to itself by abandoning its core consumer to chase unsustainable growth.

After seeing the weartesters video on those Jordan 1s, I wish more people would do that with Nikes. **** Nike for what it has become.

So why support fakes?

If you can't get it, move on to the next sneaker.

and a lot of these same retroes used to go on sale for deep discount, to the point it was a double edged sword to me, and I wondered if Nike was going to keep releasing them to have them be on sale in two months or go to outlets.

So why support fakes?

If you can't get it, move on to the next sneaker.

and a lot of these same retroes used to go on sale for deep discount, to the point it was a double edged sword to me, and I wondered if Nike was going to keep releasing them to have them be on sale in two months or go to outlets.
I don’t support fakes. It’s the first sentence in my post. I’m just saying I don’t feel bad for Nike cuz they created this situation. It’s every business’ responsibility to figure out the right quantity of product to make. Nike does this cuz they know we’ll move on to the next release. I’m saying don’t. Don’t give them your money for something you don’t really want. Make them make what we want.

Back
Top Bottom