OFFICIAL Nike Air More Uptempo OG BLK/WHT 414962-002 APRIL 2016

any stores in ny got these ? anyone have comparison picks of the ogs and these. i dont see a difference  A I R black shoe only difference is the nike check in the back

I think I'll wait til these hit discount as well as the Miami Penny II's, and then use my 25% coupon from Eastbay and cop them both.

disappointed that these didn't come out as the same as the OG release....AIR needs to be connected !!!! pass for me.

Also, the air bags look to small on these...they should have a slight yellow tint to them as well....detail not on point here.
sick.gif

At this point and time, whether right or not this is what we have come to expect from a NSW release. You either deal with it or move on. Details aren't close to the OG's but OG's by now are unwearable. The purest in me hates that Nike can't fix the small details on this shoe but the kid in me back in 1996 who absolutely loved this shoe wants me to get this shoe despite the changes. In the end, as long as the shoe is decently close to its original form nostalgia always wins out.

any stores in ny got these ? anyone have comparison picks of the ogs and these. i dont see a difference  A I R black shoe only difference is the nike check in the back
I can take photos of the ogs and new retro's when I get them in hand but i'm conflicted with purchasing the retro.

isn't that the point of retros though, they make changes on the shoe so that it's not quite like the original...I mean some of you complaining should be used to that by now

Last edited:
man o man. The story I have to share with my Nike TAlk friends.

So as you know I was checking in and the discussion was these were released without notice.

I saw them at the mall and I was gonna pass.

had a change of heart, drove to a different  mall asked for them they said sold out

went to another spot , had to park my car illegally and pray I don't get ticketed and towed again. the lady said: I don't have youre size but it says we have a 11.5 in the system". ( In my head im like which one of youre co workers is hiding the sneaker?

Then she printed off all the locations that had the size, mind you I left my cell at home,smh. now I have to rely on my listening skills. one location was 10 min away another was 30 min and the other was an hour away.

went to one spot asked the lady she had the shoe but didn't have my size. as soon as I walked out the meter made was smiling with joy putting a ticket on the whip.

then I went to another spot said they had quanity 3 pair. I asked the lady about the shoe, she looked at me like I had a snake coming out of my mouth. then I asked someone else and he said we sold out. then when I told

him it says you have 3 pairs here of the 11.5. he said let me check again. in my head I was like you shady mofo. called one store using there phone they suppousedly had 5 pair, but the store associate said nope we sold out. I was like b.s,

decided to go back to first store where the employess were customer friendly and helpful but to my dismay there shift was up and the next batch of people were rude as hell but they had a size bigger so I took it, I figure since I went tru this hassle I'm leaving with something

the dude that was trying to help me wanted me to buy socks t shirts. it got to the point where he was like can u help a brother out and buy a shirt, In my head I wanted to tell him jump off and get me my shoe.

then I go to the bathroom to do a number 2 and some idiot snatch the sneaker box from under the stall as I was using the bathrrom

Why when they havent even officially released yet?

Did you guys crawl out from under a rock or something and dont know how nike usually rolls on retros like these?

Im actually suprised a nike basketball retro is selling, but we will see when they fully release everywhere

I don't get why Nike makes these unnecessary changes. Cutting the letters short from the midsole isn't going to help the shoe perform any better. So why do it? And I'm not sure if it's just me or if these have the letters even more spaced out from the midsole than the last retro. But that alone was enough for me to pass on them. The massive air units on the OG's were part of what made the shoe dope. Nike reduced the size on them drastically now. Altering the letters was the icing on the cake for me. It's not the same shoe I once had back in the 90's so I don't get that nostalgic feel when I look at them the same way some of you do.

Last edited:
Another difference is the white reflective 3m isnt that strong in the "AIR" letters i bet.

The leather '05 retros had that stong reflective 3m
View media item 1945057

Still most definitely will cop despite the differnces from th OG.
One thing that wouldve turned me off from would be using anything other than duraback

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom