OFFICIAL Nike Air More Uptempo OG BLK/WHT 414962-002 APRIL 2016

Need these

For real

For once

(Blue bubbles)

Screenshot_20220122-140022_Instagram.jpg

Such a great looking sneaker, but how in the world did these players like Pippen and etc wear these back in 96? They feel somewhat brick like. Did anyone have the OG’s in 96 that can remember if they feel like the current retro?
They were different, you definitely could hoop in these.

The comfort was great, idk wth happens with retros.

I had the OGs of these. They feel NOTHING like retros. Gotta think, at the time, they were current tech, so they got good materials, advertising and everything. Now...Nike is living off nostalgia more than ever....and we're accepting their shortcuts. There is no incentive really for them to make them super comfortable. Just make them comfortable enough to sell. Who's going to know the difference? A 15 year old kid who wasn't born to catch the OGs? 😂

I had the OGs of these. They feel NOTHING like retros. Gotta think, at the time, they were current tech, so they got good materials, advertising and everything. Now...Nike is living off nostalgia more than ever....and we're accepting their shortcuts. There is no incentive really for them to make them super comfortable. Just make them comfortable enough to sell. Who's going to know the difference? A 15 year old kid who wasn't born to catch the OGs? 😂
Exactly the sentiment on Nike talk is that current tech has evolved but let’s be honest, Nike was a premium sports brand putting out their best product in the late 80s 90s. The current air bubbles are pure marketing. Could sandwich a teaspoon in the midsole and you wouldn’t know it was there. And all these collabs comin out don’t even make it a priority to push tech. Purely lifestyle now and it’ll sell regardless

Seeing how comfortable the last retro of the CB94's are, I just don't get Nike's logic with not making these Pippens more comfortable... we will see how these Penny 1's turn out.

Such a great looking sneaker, but how in the world did these players like Pippen and etc wear these back in 96? They feel somewhat brick like. Did anyone have the OG’s in 96 that can remember if they feel like the current retro?
Come on bruh, you know good and damn well these aren’t constructed ANYTHING like the original :lol:

And that’s not me pulling from some memory from 25 years ago. I still have my OG pair, and in hand, the phylon midsole is noticeably softer and lighter. We all know, or should know, that there’s a spectrum on the density on all of these foam midsoles, and it’s clear that its more cost effective for the composition of these midsoles more of what makes the firm, and less of what makes them soft.

Phylon, lunar, react, they are all EVA foams, just with different compositions. Make sense?

Come on bruh, you know good and damn well these aren’t constructed ANYTHING like the original :lol:

And that’s not me pulling from some memory from 25 years ago. I still have my OG pair, and in hand, the phylon midsole is noticeably softer and lighter. We all know, or should know, that there’s a spectrum on the density on all of these foam midsoles, and it’s clear that its more cost effective for the composition of these midsoles more of what makes the firm, and less of what makes them soft.

Phylon, lunar, react, they are all EVA foams, just with different compositions. Make sense?
How was the air units back then?

Somebody tell me what the air bubble even does. At this point it’s just there for visuals
From a guy that grew up in the 90’s(born in 1987), I’ve always wondered that, also. Did you actually feel the air bubble in these full length visible air units back then?

I’m not entirely convinced some of these harder materials aren’t because of people complaining on sites like this in the past and now on social media as well. Complaining about toe creases and wrinkled/creased midsoles, which were just what happened when you, you know, wore your shoes back then. We didn’t even think or care about that stuff at the time. You can’t make shoes out of soft materials and have them simultaneously still looking basically new after 20 wears. Unfortunately Nike choose to cater to the latter audience.

Last edited:
I’m not entirely convinced some of these harder materials aren’t because of people complaining on sites like this in the past and now on social media as well. Complaining about toe creases and wrinkled/creased midsoles, which were just what happened when you, you know, wore your shoes back then. We didn’t even think or care about that stuff at the time. You can’t make shoes out of soft materials and have them simultaneously still looking basically new after 20 wears. Unfortunately Nike choose to cater to latter audience.
I agree, those people also complained heavy with the OG XIV midsole creasing. However, I know that Nike would ignore them if it cost MORE to make firmer midsoles.

I agree, those people also complained heavy with the OG XIV midsole creasing. However, I know that Nike would ignore them if it cost MORE to make firmer midsoles.
Oh definitely. I don't know if it costs more or less or the same to use the firmer midsole foam. All I was getting at was that I'm not sure it's simply a case of some retros being uncomfortable only because they are cheaply made. That could be part of it for sure, but I also suspect it's not always that cynical of a reason. Who knows, the costs could be basically the same but all the lame whiners about creases are really what's to blame LOL

Oh definitely. I don't know if it costs more or less or the same to use the firmer midsole foam. All I was getting at was that I'm not sure it's simply a case of some retros being uncomfortable only because they are cheaply made. That could be part of it for sure, but I also suspect it's not always that cynical of a reason. Who knows, the costs could be basically the same but all the lame whiners about creases are really what's to blame LOL
Well how come they don't respond to us "whining" about subpar quality? :emoji_thinking:

And I'm not arguing your point, Nike probably just used those complaints as justification for it.

Well how come they don't respond to us "whining" about subpar quality? :emoji_thinking:

And I'm not arguing your point, Nike probably just used those complaints as justification for it.
Because they’re d****? 🤣
Increasing quality definitely costs more, by definition. Addressing the stupid creasing whiners was easy and cheap in comparison for sure.

Back
Top Bottom