OFFICIAL: NIKE AIR PENNY V (Release Dates, Colorway Updates, and Availability info)

I honestly think that this shoe is so dope that I can't even rank them beyond the Dolphins which is just on an island alone.  This may be one of the few silos to drop recently where I feel like I want almost every colorway.  Such a dope design and a worthy addition to the Penny line.

1. Dolphin
2. Cloaks (when they release)
3. Sunburst
4. Red eagle
5. Memphis blues
I did a top 5

i missed out on the dolphins colorway and have been on the search for awhile now but i cant seem them to find them anywhere in a size 9.5 or 10...anybody know where i can buy them online that ships to canada?

Last edited:
This is definitely a silhouette that can pull you in to every colorway. I may not pay retail for the Suns, Cool Grey, or Memphis but best believe if I catch them on sale or in outlets they are an instant buy! Hope to get a surprise colorway after the Cloak. Would've been nice to see an ASG Raygun theme V...

Can anyone confirm if the cloaks have glow in the dark soles? Read a few pages back someone said they are gitd but I suspect they are not.

I can't even chose a top 3 to be honest lol, if I ever see Dolphins or Red Eagles for under 200 I will end up having every CW, if the Memphis and Sunburst drop before selling out.

Seems like I'm the only one that didn't feel the Dolphins colorway.

1. Memphis
2. Red Eagle
3. Orlando

Noticed on FTL today that a lot of the bigger sizes for the Tour Yellow V's are gone. I was hoping these would sit for a big discount later. Seems unusual since leading up to this week they still had every size in stock.

I honestly think that this shoe is so dope that I can't even rank them beyond the Dolphins which is just on an island alone.  This may be one of the few silos to drop recently where I feel like I want almost every colorway.  Such a dope design and a worthy addition to the Penny line.
feel you on that.....the shoe is just so sexy!

I am in the same boat as everyone, I was at CityGear for the BHM Kobe 8 and I saw these, they were in every store in the mall, and still on footlocker last night. They will sit. I'll cop later. 

I think the Dolphins are sick, but a little overrated IMHO.

I haven't really like any of the pennys with stripes/designs, but the red eagles just really stand out. And depending on how they look in person, the cloaks will probably be 1 or 2 on my list.

1.Sunburst

2.Dolphins

3.Suns

4.Red Eagle

5.Orlando

I'm curious where the love for the Dolphins CWs came all of a sudden. I really do believe it's because of these. ~

I'm curious where the love for the Dolphins CWs came all of a sudden. I really do believe it's because of these. ~

I think its always been a color combo that was unique and liked but since Marino's departure they've always sucked! Now its whatever, people don't care about the team as much as adding a new flavor to a wardrobe. Just my guess...

Can some one with some Photoshop talent PS the wave midsole white? Wanna see what these would look like with a contrasting color to break up all that black...

1) Red Eagles – never thought I’d dig animal print on a shoe, but trust Nike to make it work
2) Tigers – ditto
3) Orlando – nothing crazy, just a perfectly executed classic look
4) Sunburst – haven’t seen them in person yet, so they could move up the list
5) Dolphins – I’m in the minority on this one. I don’t mind them, but the teal is too light for my taste
6) Cool Grey/Tour Yellow – if they didn’t do the Red Eagle I might be more interested in these
7) Suns – nothing wrong with them, I just don’t feel the orange and purple combo like I used to. I would
have rather seen these with a jet black upper/midsole

Its because people see wale, joe budden, stalley ect.. 

Dont get me wrong though, the colorway isnt bad at all. in fact, its a good one. its just not that good. Personally, i believe this cross-platform colorway wasnt good enough to self-generate the mass hype that occurred.

I honestly like the CW. But I didn't/don't see the hype that came out of nowhere.

You have a point that people will be followers when they see an athlete or celeb wear a certain CW.
I don't recall remember seeing a big celeb rocking the dolphins before, but I really dont pay attention :lol: ~

Last edited:
I think its always been a color combo that was unique and liked but since Marino's departure they've always sucked! Now its whatever, people don't care about the team as much as adding a new flavor to a wardrobe. Just my guess...

Can some one with some Photoshop talent PS the wave midsole white? Wanna see what these would look like with a contrasting color to break up all that black...

Rough shot at it, Im not a fan.

And although people say the speckle is played out...Im kinda diggin this. Goes with the "Burst" part of the name.

Last edited:
I saw the Sunburst in person last night, they're dope but didn't blow me away.

Maybe because it's snowy and cold as **** in NJ :lol: ... i'll probably be singing a different tune when the weather breaks.

Back
Top Bottom