OFFICIAL: NIKE AIR PENNY V (Release Dates, Colorway Updates, and Availability info)

I saw the Sunburst in person last night, they're dope but didn't blow me away.

Maybe because it's snowy and cold as **** in NJ :lol: ... i'll probably be singing a different tune when the weather breaks.

They won't blow you away until the price drops lol

:lol: you right. If I can catch them for $82.50, like I did with the Suns colorway, the Sunburst will be copped regardless of the weather.

:lol: you right. If I can catch them for $82.50, like I did with the Suns colorway, the Sunburst will be copped regardless of the weather.

Considering the small amount of locations I've seen with the Sunburst unless there is a late FTL/HOH shipment these may not make it to discount. These are in less spots than the Red Eagles here in Chicago. These are definitely a sleeper. I decided today not to wait, I'm just gonna pull the trigger at $130 now cuz I like it that much and my size 13 goes fast. Best of luck to everyone waiting for price drops, the model has been ignored so it may work out for y'all.

Considering the small amount of locations I've seen with the Sunburst unless there is a late FTL/HOH shipment these may not make it to discount. These are in less spots than the Red Eagles here in Chicago. These are definitely a sleeper. I decided today not to wait, I'm just gonna pull the trigger at $130 now cuz I like it that much and my size 13 goes fast. Best of luck to everyone waiting for price drops, the model has been ignored so it may work out for y'all.

True, I copped the Suns a week after they dropped from a local boutique that usually does 50% off 1 item every other month. Just hoping my size is still there when they do it next month.

Peru, post detailed pics when you get them.

One of my homegirls just surprised me and said she ordered the Memphis ones for me yesterday cause she remembered me posting them on IG a while back saying they were nice. My question is did they make any apparel for these?

True, I copped the Suns a week after they dropped from a local boutique that usually does 50% off 1 item every other month. Just hoping my size is still there when they do it next month.

Peru, post detailed pics when you get them.

I definitely will, filtered and unfiltered. Won't get much natural light tho cuz the weather out here is super crap! Feel like I'm in Seattle right now.

Peru, you're making me want to cop Sunburst right now, kind of nervous 
frown.gif

Last edited:
Im almost certain the company didnt purchase these for the stores. Looks like they are an Eastbay shoe when it comes to the FTL company. It wasnt on the launch calender and we didnt hear any word of a release. Pretty sure they just got the Memphis colorway...Around here the only stores with the Sunburst are Urban Accounts, Sports Zone and Jimmy Jazz Both of which like to mark down shoes once they sit for awhile to try and get rid of them. Hasnt been much buzz around here for them (DMV) I went again and got mine off eastbay, Cant wait to get em in!

Anyone know where I can pick up the orlandos on sale?

You can grab the Orlando with a Bday coupon on FTL right now. Not sure of any other places that have it on sale.

Peru, you're making me want to cop Sunburst right now, kind of nervous 
frown.gif

Not trying to hype the shoe or put anybody into a panic. I just like the Sunburst enough to not wanna risk not finding my size down the road and at exactly $124.67 just seemed like asking for a deeper discount would be too greedy.

P.S. Excuse the constant mention of the discount, I hate when people do it and I hate every post I mention it but its my way of reasoning a purchase now instead of waiting.

Last edited:
I hope the Sunbursts release them at FTL, Champs, etc. because there'll be a better chance for a markdown.  On the FTL release calendar, it said "Multiple Colorways" on 1/26 for the Penny V, so maybe they'll get them late

All Penny V enthusiast, lets revisit the releases up to this point. What's your top 3? (Cloaks not included since they haven't released)

My Top 3
1.) Dolphin
2.) Sunburst
3.) Red Eagle

Share your rankings...

Being a UM alum, a Jets fan and just a straight up Penny fan...

1. Orlando
2. Memphis
3. Crimson
Poop
Dolphins

Last edited:
I hope the Sunbursts release them at FTL, Champs, etc. because there'll be a better chance for a markdown.  On the FTL release calendar, it said "Multiple Colorways" on 1/26 for the Penny V, so maybe they'll get them late

Select FTLs. If you go to their launch locator and type in your zip code, it'll show you which FTL stores have them.

Will take more pics tomorrow in daylight, here is a small sample. Hard to capture the true color of these in pic that you see in person.

All Penny V enthusiast, lets revisit the releases up to this point. What's your top 3? (Cloaks not included since they haven't released)

My Top 3
1.) Dolphin
2.) Sunburst
3.) Red Eagle

Share your rankings...
Being a UM alum, a Jets fan and just a straight up Penny fan...

1. Orlando
2. Memphis
3. Crimson
Poop
Dolphins
laugh.gif

Trust me, as a Jet fan, it's tough for me to use the words Dolphins and dope in the same sentence, but this shoe is beautiful.  Liked it from the moment photos surfaced.  Not like I'm gonna run out and cop a Dolphins fitted or anything, lol.

Nice pic, Peru.  Forcing myself not to like that colorway.

Last edited:
Saw both the Sunbursts and the Memphis in person today in NYC, didn't look into what pricing was like. 

I'll admit I like the Sunburst more than I did before but I still don't want that kind of orange on that silhoutte personally, I like it on an AF1 but it's just too loud with that already loud of a shoe imho.

As for my top 3...

1. Red Eagles - still salty I missed these.

2. Dolphins - switched the laces to white (see a few pages ago) and they are siiiick.

3. Suns - same as Dolphins but orange.

4. Sunburst (I'd snag these for under $125 shipped)

5. Memphis (I'd wait for under $110 shipped)

The thing about the Suns is I would love to figure out a way to reshade the air bubble.  I think it is just too gold and I'd be very interested in hearing any ideas if anybody thinks that's possible, wouldn't mind matching it a lil more orange to keep the flow in the heel.

And I cannot find a suitable fitted for my dolphins... I'm tempted to go with an alt Orlando joint but I'm really on the fence.   I'd love to see some more alts in that cw... (I'd love to see a Fla Panthers in that cw) 

Last edited:
One of my homegirls just surprised me and said she ordered the Memphis ones for me yesterday cause she remembered me posting them on IG a while back saying they were nice. My question is did they make any apparel for these?

Not sure you'd want to go head to toe with the Tigers....but here you go man

Just saw the Cloak hat......be interesting to see if the beasts go crazy for this too:

Just ordered the Crimsons and Sunbursts from Eastbay, free shipping

get 15% off the sunbursts with the code URLEBC52

code only worked on the sunbursts as the Crimsons were excluded from offers. 

Im so glad the Cloaks got a release date. I swear since the first day I seen em I would merk a baby giraffe to get a pair. Other than that the orlandos are crazy sexy on feet and overall I love this Model.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom