OFFICIAL: NIKE AIR PENNY V (Release Dates, Colorway Updates, and Availability info)

Stripes on the midsole of the Tigers are horrible. Could've done without the stripes there. Black midsole with translucent blue sole would've tame the design a bit.

I feel you. Those stripes look hideous..thsi is the reason I didn't cop the Red Eagles because I didn't like how busy the midsole looked. I do love the blue tho on these Memphis joints. If I do decide to cop I'm going to have the striped section painted all while like the Miami's for a cleaner simpler look.

I see these being like the Sout Beach Lebron 8 (NOT so much price wise), but in the sense of how unique and refreshing this shoe and colorway is, also in how the release was (more of a limited GR). Wearing my pair real soon.
I think this shoe falls more along the lines of the Lebron 9 Cannon because it really didn't sell out that fast, at first i considered it close to the Lebron 9 China but TO ME at least its looking like the Lebron 9 Cannon any other opinions on here?

Yep.  Shoe would've been perfect without the stripes.  Looked a lot better than that early teaser pic, but they're looking like a pass unless there's a way to get the stripes off the midsole.

On a sidenote, did anyone else get their pair in an inside out Nike box with just a white tax slapped on the box?  When I get home I'll take pics.  Definitely need to have a convo with Eastbay rep.
Definitely not looking forward to my Eastbay delivery if I'm going to get inside out box :smh:
Hey Ryan, where are you at to clarify this issue at hand.
We are not aware of any special packaging for the Dolphins. It is too late for us to check the rest of our stock, as we did sell out of them when they released. You may want to check directly with Nike to see what they know about this issue.

We will check with one of our contacts to see what they can find out as well.

EastbayRep - Ray
My contact did not have any information on the packaging for the Dolphins. :wow:

EastbayRep - Ray

What they did with the Tour Yellow/Cool Grey midsole is much more creative than the Tigers pair.  Guess the stripes serve their purpose, but they just look over the top.  Those will be my next pair.  I'll cop the Orlando pair when they hit bargain basement prices.

If you're located anywhere near the M I A. The hit up ShoeGallery. They have quite a few Dolphins sitting. I was just there less then 2 hours ago. They sell for retail. :nthat:

Been calling and getting voicemail smh, don't wanna drive all the way over there for no reason

Last edited:
any footlockers/ fta still have a 12? my local store in MA didn't get them, but said they'd be coming in some time this week...

Crazy, in the US the Dolphins are already sold out and on the German Nike website, they seem to be sitting, since no one knows what a true master piece they are and who Penny was!

I picked up a pair early before release. But I just copped one for $20 over retail incase these dont restock. I really thought they would by now but I think these might be like the South beach 8. Might gain huge momentum later down the road.

I picked up a pair early before release. But I just copped one for $20 over retail incase these dont restock. I really thought they would by now but I think these might be like the South beach 8. Might gain huge momentum later down the road.
as an owner of these shoes i hope your right because im a collector so you want to have rare/valuable stuff, the problem with these is that Lebron is taking out his own version of the Dolphins with just a little bit of difference so therefore the value won't be the same, I hope im wrong though lol

Last time I checked there were still sizes left in the Dolphin colorway.

Nike Town Portland
503-221-6453

House Of Hoops Portland
503-684-2053

as an owner of these shoes i hope your right because im a collector so you want to have rare/valuable stuff, the problem with these is that Lebron is taking out his own version of the Dolphins with just a little bit of difference so therefore the value won't be the same, I hope im wrong though lol

doubt it will compare to sb lebrons. the shoe itself doesnt have the same moment as the lebron line these days and shoes gaining value like the sbs for how available they were is a certain rarity.

doubt it will compare to sb lebrons. the shoe itself doesnt have the same moment as the lebron line these days and shoes gaining value like the sbs for how available they were is a certain rarity.

Yeah the Dolphin V's wont even scratch the surface of the Lebron SB's. There actually still around in some places in my area and to be honest the Red Eagle V's seem to be more rare than the Dolphins and I believe the Penny V Cloaks will be one of the most sought after and rare colors from the Penny V line but who knows

Last edited:
Yeah I think the Dolphins look way better than the Red Eagles to me too I just know the Red Eagles sold out instantly when they came out though but they did have that limited tag too so we all know how that goes.>D

Yeah I think the Dolphins look way better than the Red Eagles to me too I just know the Red Eagles sold out instantly when they came out though but they did have that limited tag too so we all know how that goes.>D
qft

I slept on the Red Eagles and wasn't really tripping after I copped a pair of Orlandos.  Thought these Penny V's was alright, nothing to get hyped about.  But I gotta say, after getting these Dolphins I dunno.  These Dolphins are soooooo clean to me.  Need to find a pair of Red Eagles now...

Penny V's go hard I cant wait to get all the rest.

I got orlando's and Dolphins. Prolly will recieve Suns for christmas. Any body know the release date for the Crimson pair? I looked a few pages back and couldnt find it.

Thanks in advance.

Still waiting for my Dolphins to get here from Eastbay. Makes no sense what's so ever :smh:. Now UPS sent me an email about a delay and my order wont be here until 12/3 :smh:

^man that's a long time they released a long time ago! nothing to mention you getting that awesome plastic bag :smh: but it will be worth the wait

Hey whats up guys, UPS just delivered my 'dolphins'. I wanted to see how they would look with the black 'Orlando' laces so I snapped a few pics for you guys who wanted to see what they looked like with the swap. I'm leanin towards sticking with the green laces but I'm not sure yet.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Just so we are clear. My statement about the Dolphins being like the South Beach, was more so the concept of good amount to go around, but will be that sleeper colorway that with skyrocket in price down the line. Kind of like when I (MOST OF YOU AS WELL :lol:) saw the South Beach for almost $300 and was like I'll wait, then the next time they were hitting $500 plus. Not saying the Pennys will get that high, but the same concept I see happening. As far as the Lebron 10 Dolphins they look nice, but from what I can see do not look better then the Penny Dolphins.

Back
Top Bottom