OFFICIAL: NIKE AIR PENNY V (Release Dates, Colorway Updates, and Availability info)

Originally Posted by IsTaYsTuNiNyA

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

Originally Posted by johnmckoolaid

no, those are retros and hybrids. Jordan makes a lot of retros and hybrids but his line basically stopped after 23 (the 2k joints dont count) but if they made a 24 then that could be considered continuing the line, making a penny V more than twelve years after the IV came out is just stupid
they call this the penny V, but this is basically another lame hybrid.. there was an NT'er that made some sick sick hybrids.. nike is just lame and has no new ideas anymore to keep throwing us mash ups
Sorry, but I dont see a hybrid.. They dont look like any of the other Pennys..
very similar to the penny II, with the wing and the nike logo on the ankle. heel air

Originally Posted by drfunk1980

Does Nike plan on having a current player wear/promote these? Only way I see them doing well.

Thats a misinformed statement. 
Do you realize how many shoes folks dont wear and still sell out.... which AREN'T Jordans?

These could sell out just because..... dont forget Quickstrike and Limted tags my man.

These could see no NBA hardwood and still do well if Hype builds enough.. Trust me.  PS for everyone wondering why that Swoosh is so small.. just think Penny Foam.. forefoot... Small Swoosh..  DNA from other Penny's makes this one what it is.

These will sell out quickly.

Me, my brother & 2 of my boys who are all huge Penny fans will be buying them & support Penny as we always have.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

Originally Posted by Magic1978

So coming out with Zoom Rookies and 1/2 Cents, and retroing everything Penny weren't continuing the line?
no, those are retros and hybrids. Jordan makes a lot of retros and hybrids but his line basically stopped after 23 (the 2k joints dont count) but if they made a 24 then that could be considered continuing the line, making a penny V more than twelve years after the IV came out is just stupid
Im not sure how it's milking if people CHOOSE to buy it?
Also.. making a Hypbrid IS continuing a line if it has Penny's Logo on it. 

I've got to find this dude holding the gun to everyone's head.  He's making Nike alot of cash.
I think you have the wrong definition of the term "milking", its just supposed to mean that they are "milking" the designs / penny logo for every last drop..... (no one said anything about using force to sell the "milked" designs or penny logo, so your "I've got to find this dude holding the gun to everyone's head.  He's making Nike alot of cash." joke lost a little punch)
... And hybrids are a perfect example of "milking" a design by reusing old designs till their "milked" dry..... the "continuing the line" argument is debatable...... I consider this the next in line after the penny iv's because these are the penny v's, pretty logical imo

So coming out with Zoom Rookies and 1/2 Cents, and retroing everything Penny weren't continuing the line?

Jordan's line stopped after the 23
laugh.gif

That comment is more ridiculous than the other dudes comment
so tell me wheres the jordan 24s? you gonna tell me the 2009s and '10s are continuing the line, you must not have noticed my write " (the 2k joints dont count) ", or are you gonna tell me melo's and wades's count?
I am really interested in your answer to this....

Jordan stopped numbering his shoes after 23, and now he is just using the year instead. its basically the same thing as continuing the line, his shoes are just garbage now. just like the Zoom Generations are the Lebron 1's, but they were not named the Lebron 1.

Originally Posted by OutLaw2j

the Zoom Generations are the Lebron 1's, but they were not named the Lebron 1.
but they are since da second ones in da series were da lebron II

Koolaide....

Officially yes.. the 2009s ARE the next Jordan after the 23's.. why? Because they are STILL his signature line. His Signature line never stopped.

I see your point on the milking of designs... but its no different than Jordan doing it for Team Shoes..

From a business stand point you have to understand.. if it aint broken...and its selling.. whats to fix? hence my light hearted joke on the guy holding the gun my man.

Koolaide....

From a business stand point you have to understand.. if it aint broken...and its selling.. whats to fix? hence my light hearted joke on the guy holding the gun my man.

Speaking of holding guns, how have you been Rock?

laugh.gif

so tell me wheres the jordan 24s? you gonna tell me the 2009s and '10s are continuing the line, you must not have noticed my write " (the 2k joints dont count) ", or are you gonna tell me melo's and wades's count?

The 2009's, 2010's, 2011's...are them continuing the line. They just stopped the numbered series in tribute of him and the number 23.

Sneaker lines aren't based on whether John Koolaid likes them or not. Unless you know something we don't and are really and exec at Nike/JB who makes decisions.

laugh.gif

The 2009's, 2010's, 2011's...are them continuing the line. They just stopped the numbered series in tribute of him and the number 23.

Sneaker lines aren't based on whether John Koolaid likes them or not. Unless you know something we don't and are really and exec at Nike/JB who makes decisions.

so tell me, why the change in name from 23 to 2009?  if they were just continuing the line then why not 24, i remember reading an article around that time saying they wanted to "preserve the line" or some bull like that
I didnt say anything about liking them, its just the numbers that make me consider the line stopping or continuing........jordan 23---no 24? stopped......penny iv---no penny v until now? continued over 12 years later

I already explained it. Are you new to the sneaker game?

This is something that was widely talked about.

The 2012's aren't comparable to some Son Of Mars or a team jordan.

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

Koolaide....

Speaking of holding guns, how have you been Rock?

Life couldn't be grander... no one ever showed up that day... or since.  Had another son... started a television and radio show.
Life is good.

so tell me, why the change in name from 23 to 2009?  if they were just continuing the line then why not 24, i remember reading an article around that time saying they wanted to "preserve the line" or some bull like that
I didnt say anything about liking them, its just the numbers that make me consider the line stopping or continuing........jordan 23---no 24? stopped......penny iv---no penny v until now? continued over 12 years later
Koolaide.. as Magic said (twice)... and I confirmed... Jordan Brand continiued the Signature Line of Jordan.. but just switched up the naming convention of its line for Mike...
As for Penny.. thats a completely different division.. but ironically run by the same person who was involved with the Jordan stuff at that time... Gentry.  What also needs to be understood is as much crap as Gentry has taken... he made Jordan ALOT of money and the stuff thats come out since he left aint been all that.. including a few others leaving.. 

Hes going to do with Retro what he did at Jordan.. and as some may know ... he started at Sportswear long ago with another Fellas Drew Greer who was the father of the Hybrid and Retro Concept...

Two brotha's who made Nike/Jordan ALOT of money.... alot.

Koolaide.. as Magic said (twice)... and I confirmed... Jordan Brand continiued the Signature Line of Jordan.. but just switched up the naming convention of its line for Mike...
As for Penny.. thats a completely different division.. but ironically run by the same person who was involved with the Jordan stuff at that time... Gentry.  What also needs to be understood is as much crap as Gentry has taken... he made Jordan ALOT of money and the stuff thats come out since he left aint been all that.. including a few others leaving.. 

Hes going to do with Retro what he did at Jordan.. and as some may know ... he started at Sportswear long ago with another Fellas Drew Greer who was the father of the Hybrid and Retro Concept...

making alot of money = %+!#!%@$ on consumers.
gentry a cancer, he just in it for the $$$, he made alot of money for JB, but he ran its reputability to the ground. 

NSW is up next, dood is the ANTI-christ of OG collectors. 

Not a fan of his work at JB, and what hes done at NSW so far....

-220$ foam MSRP

-Ultra-Foams 

-Galaxy foams, 

-200$ rookies

-Limited flight ones

-Glow in the dark

-Penny V

-"Sole Colelctor" penny pack

*Not sure if his hand is into clothing as well, but we've seen a MSRP increase in NSW clothing across the board within the last 2 years, and starting to see those cheesy %%# shirt designs JB thrives off of seeping into the NSW department.

Dood will run NSW into the ground in under 3 years for sure. (I could care less how much money he makes another man)

Guy is a suit, not a sneaker head and it shows in the direction he takes, fool is all about orchestrating synthetic hype and sucking consumers dry for maximum profit.

Nike consumers are waking up daily, the tide will not turn in his favor.

you two are among the few that actually consider the 2009 continuing from 23, but most collectors i know consider the "official" jordan line as dead after the 23 
I dont know why you went off into gentry and all those "marketing" dudes making nike money, why else would nike hire him? cause they think hes a nice guy?
laugh.gif
of course hes gonna help them make money, thats why they hired him

Your making it sound like just cause nike made money that its something to respect, nike also makes a lot of money from sweatshops, you respect that too?

Dudes always have to bring up the sweatshops like Nike were the only unscrupulous company exploiting children in horrific conditions blah blah blah. Sadly it's a fact of life that ALL the major clothing / footwear manufacturers are equally guilty of wanting to make things as cheaply as possible thus keeping costs down thus maximising profit margins, which as Rock has said earlier is exactly what our dear patent loving friend is all about.......

you two are among the few that actually consider the 2009 continuing from 23, but most collectors i know consider the "official" jordan line as dead after the 23 
I dont know why you went off into gentry and all those "marketing" dudes making nike money, why else would nike hire him? cause they think hes a nice guy?
laugh.gif

Your making it sound like just cause nike made money that its something to respect, nike also makes a lot of money from sweatshops, you respect that too?

The collectors you know are basing it off their opinion, instead of facts.

I didn't like anything after the Griffey Max 2, I guess I'm going to start saying the line died after the 2.

celebrity-feet-dj-envy-nike-air-penny-v-dolphins-1.jpg

celebrity-feet-dj-envy-nike-air-penny-v-dolphins-2.jpg

celebrity-feet-dj-envy-nike-air-penny-v-dolphins-3.jpg

DJ Envy Exclusive.

So far? To some extent, I don't feel them. I demand a redesign!!! This shoe is just generic. Not only did the midsole from the Penny II appeared, even inspiration from LeBron 9s and AJXIs are seen at the shoe. Lastly, the shoe doesn't have clean toe and dashes of Foamposite, two elements often used throughout the first four kicks. WOW. WOW. WOW.

If EMarc Dolce must be the man responsible for the shoe. Not Eric Avar. Oh no.

laugh.gif

The collectors you know are basing it off their opinion, instead of facts.

I didn't like anything after the Griffey Max 2, I guess I'm going to start saying the line died after the 2.
da difference is jordan brand changed their system from 23- year system..which is basically a nod to collectors in saying "yea, its basically over after da 23rd sneaker"

The outsole is the sickest part of the shoe. If only the rest of the shoe could be that fresh.

Originally Posted by sorianotron

making alot of money = %+!#!%@$ on consumers.
gentry a cancer, he just in it for the $$$, he made alot of money for JB, but he ran its reputability to the ground. 

NSW is up next, dood is the ANTI-christ of OG collectors. 

Not a fan of his work at JB, and what hes done at NSW so far....

-220$ foam MSRP

-Ultra-Foams 

-Galaxy foams, 

-200$ rookies

-Limited flight ones

-Glow in the dark

-Penny V

-"Sole Colelctor" penny pack

*Not sure if his hand is into clothing as well, but we've seen a MSRP increase in NSW clothing across the board within the last 2 years, and starting to see those cheesy %%# shirt designs JB thrives off of seeping into the NSW department.

Dood will run NSW into the ground in under 3 years for sure. (I could care less how much money he makes another man)

Guy is a suit, not a sneaker head and it shows in the direction he takes, fool is all about orchestrating synthetic hype and sucking consumers dry for maximum profit.

Nike consumers are waking up daily, the tide will not turn in his favor.

Bruh... Nike doesn't hire folks cause they are sneaker heads... but your assumption of Gentry not being a dude who appreciates the game youd be wrong.  You must not have seen his collection... 
If I am an executive at Nike.. Im not hiring dudes to work for me who work with their heart.  Im in business to make money.. not save you  money.  If you are paying $500 bucks a shoe.. Im charging it until you stop paying it. 
Realize when Nike goes in a direction it aint because of one person.. its def a movement as a company.  Lunar, flywire, Plastics, synthetics. Come on sir.  Improve your Industry Knowledge and business acumen.  The difference between you and I is... I am a sneaker head who understands the business.  You dont want to understand it.  Just think the business should be about you buying kicks at a few sheckles and everyone deserves to have a pair.

its not how it works my man.

Back
Top Bottom