How many pairs will you cop?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 3 or more!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
$95 minus $10 fnl coupon and $20 winner circle reward? That's what I might do and probably double up. One for ball and One to wear casually.

These were NEVER a poor mans Penny 1 

oh yes they were.

nike always made take down version of more expensive models. stop with the evolution **** :lol:

take it for what its wrth. some cheaper versions of more expensive shoes were better and more popular than others but dont try and say these werent a take down version

like dude pointed out the air much tempo is a take down version that was popular. ultra flights back in the day aswell.

nowadays shoe buyers have become so snobbish and designs have become so stale you will never see a take down version become an iconic shoe.

think the last take down version that was semi popular were them solo flights that were a cheaper version of the flightposite but niketalk frowned on them while the general public loved them..

These

Last edited:
Damn my bad y'all. Penny never wore these. These were a takedown model, so in effect dayoungsta, these were a poor man's penny 1. When I first saw these I thought of another shoe Penny rocked before his sig line. I think people are getting too carried away, people bought these at the time, but make no mistake it was their 3rd or 4th option shoe, or they just simply couldn't afford the Penny 1's so they got these. Now, since every shoe from the 90's is so great, you will have those claiming "grail" or whatever.

The general public loved them??? :rofl:

I don't think so, but nice try.

Brah solo flight were everywhere, everybody and there momma had a pair.

-The Way Up is not a Penny One they they they're cheap materials on and lower tech to sell to the public. The Penny One and Way up are evolutions from the same original design. Go look at early sketches of the Penny One and you would swear you are looking at Way Ups. If anything I would think that Avar retooled the Way Up design to make the Penny One. Instead of dumbing the Penny One design to make the Way up.

-The Way Up is the sequel to the Air Up also, which was one of Penny's (and Pippen's) unofficial sigs. And the Way Ups were also one of Scottie's unofficial sigs.

-And there was only a $35 dollar price difference. Which is justified having air max and being a sig shoe.

-The Way Ups where the popular team shoe Nike was pushing for the Fall, the Penny One was a sig for Nike newest star. Dudes saw two shoes that look similar, one was more expensive, and think "OHHH the cheaper one must be the take down model", it is/was simply not the case

^Thank you, it's the Air Up. That's the one I confused this with. I couldn't think of the name.

These were NEVER a poor mans Penny 1 
oh yes they were.

nike always made take down version of more expensive models. stop with the evolution ****
laugh.gif

take it for what its wrth. some cheaper versions of more expensive shoes were better and more popular than others but dont try and say these werent a take down version

like dude pointed out the air much tempo is a take down version that was popular. ultra flights back in the day aswell.

nowadays shoe buyers have become so snobbish and designs have become so stale you will never see a take down version become an iconic shoe.

think the last take down version that was semi popular were them solo flights that were a cheaper version of the flightposite but niketalk frowned on them while the general public loved them..

These
actually it was these...

AAAADGwZ9lAAAAAAAD2txQ.jpg

^^infested da hood like no other...

These are the ones I want them to retro too. Same with the black/blue colorway.

^^
Ahhhh the Nike air swift.

Shoe still eludes me to this day.
I want a pair sooo bad! I'll even write 4-peat accross on em' like Pip.
Ewing got a real up and close look at them when Pip baptized him.

I remember KG rocking these first, but when the Penny I's dropped these really didn't matter anymore. The team exclusives was dope tho.

Memories.

How much? My friend said $120 at the store. But I thought these were $95 from the FNL catalog.

People callin these take downs only care about sig shoes or big names attached to shoes

fact is tha 90s nike bball shoes had waaaaaaaaaaay more to offer than sigs

callem wat u want I love these shoes and I dont rank them lower than any other great nike bball shoe

Ill say it again these are a great looking basketball shoe in there own right end of story and nuthin anybody says will make me feel differently

Ill cop ill enjoy ballin inem and Ill always love how they look

Peace

Scottie

Repeating this BS doesn't make it true.
Exactly, anyone that actually was over the age of ten in the mid 90's knows that Penny wore these shoes.  Go look on the internet people, there are plenty of pictures of Penny rocking these shoes along with Pippen, Rodman, and many more...

Sorry dude but Penny never wore this shoe

I was 16 when they dropped and a huge Penny fan

He had his sigs from pre season right through when he went on that great winning run while Shaq was out

Nick Anderson wore them but not Penny

Peace

Scottie

Back
Top Bottom