Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 AFTERMATH THREAD ----- NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
: I can sell off the majority of my shoes and get my money back and then some at any time (regardless of whether this fad is over or not), sadly, i doubt that will be the case for you Yeezy enthusiasts- especially after you wear them and the Yeezy 8 and 9 are out down the road.

You are totally wrong. Fact is I bought my yeezy one for around 600 each color way except the zen which I got them for retail. after wore them for 3 years, sold them for 1200 each on ebay (kept the black one which worth more). You just don't have a clue since you never own a pair.

did you seriously just say they were paying for hype & its not worth it but in the next sentence you say they will be worth nothing when the yeezy 8 or 9 drops .... RIGHT makes perfect sense...

because if the yeezy line makes it to 8 or 9 NO ONE will want the 1's or 2's because its the old models

SMH @ Nowitzness41 c'mon son think logically

Last edited:
You are totally wrong. Fact is I bought my yeezy one for around 600 each color way except the zen which I got them for retail. after wore them for 3 years, sold them for 1200 each on ebay (kept the black one which worth more). You just don't have a clue since you never own a pair.

Yes, because you sold while the fad was at its strongest (and still going)- the smart thing to do- just like people who sold off their $10 beanie babies for $500 to $1500 in the mid 90's. ColdCity, where did i say nothing? I said I doubt they will be worth what people are paying right now $1200 to $1800 and more down the road

i really dont want to start a back n forth because youve been going on for a few pgs but

" I can sell off the majority of my shoes and get my money back and then some at any time (regardless of whether this fad is over or not), sadly, i doubt that will be the case for you Yeezy enthusiasts- especially after you wear them and the Yeezy 8 and 9 are out down the road."

is exactly what you said

& its dead wrong .. as ugly as i think the 1's are they still command a high price($1200-1400 range even if worn) & im pretty sure the II's will follow suit(they actually already are)

Last edited:
laugh.gif
@ Wonder- $250 was for a nice pair of suede dress shoes- not for sneakers- and Payless isn't a good comparison (trust me, i wore them as a little kid, they fall apart with the quickness) You get what you pay for in my eyes, and what YOU are talking about paying for has nothing to do with quality and longevity- more about an image and a consumer thirst that you have fallen for. Sure, people legitimately like them- but retail wasn't even $300, was it? I dont care what you and others say, my point is valid. I get your point McKing, at least you know that you're a consumer pawn like many others on here, so no need to go on. Theres no way to legitimately defend what you're doing, its like saying i can go get a Suzuki that will drive and perform like a Mercedes- its not true- not to mention the value when you go to trade in or sell it. What YOU are talking about is getting the same Mercedes (lets say a $50,000 car for instance) that was semi-limited and sold out instantly: NOW, you and all these other hypebeasts are justifying a price of $350,000 on a car that retailed for $50,000 and acting like its a wise investment. I can sell off the majority of my shoes and get my money back and then some at any time (regardless of whether this fad is over or not), sadly, i doubt that will be the case for you Yeezy enthusiasts- especially after you wear them and the Yeezy 8 and 9 are out down the road.
doesnt matter if they were blue suede shoes or wooden clogs. i was bringing up a point on pricing itself. u said to save our money for our kids or for something productive yet 3rd world countries can go a lifetime w a set of cheap rubber sandals. i was saying for u to save that 250 and use it for ur kids as well since ur apparently mr financier. shoe collecting is a hobby not a necessity. ur doing the samething just at a fraction of what were paying. doesnt make u any better as 250 is still a lot to most people. ive had payless dress shoes before and they held up fine. ur comparing cars to shoes as well as beanie babies which is like apples and oranges. who said anything about suzuki = mercedes?  just looks like ur jelly since ur apparently just rocking shoes off the shelf. uve made it clear about that so do u. dont get mad if theyre people in this world that dont have a budget like you and i. same reason why i dont get mad when i see someone in a ferrari. they have to have a considerable mark up bc they dont produce as many per yr and manufact. costs are much higher than a normal commuter. those arent a wise investment either but if u have the money. u can afford the depreciation as it doesnt outweigh the personal use. ur still coming off salty as hell

ill bring this up as well. can u give an example of why u think these shoes arent a wise investment at their current price? like something that is currently in its 2nd generation or model as the yeezy 1s went up in value when these released. i cant think of anything off the top of my head. u compared them to beanie babies but those were a lot of characters. these are just 2 models and i cant see them going past 3. usually when things are scarce. they tend to hold their value

Nowitzness clearly isn't salty because he's made it clear he could have gotten the shoes but doesn't like them. However, people can spend their money on whatever they want to, and him coming in here and hating on people paying those prices is childish. True, the money could be going to their families, but the people paying thousands for these are not the people who can't put food on the table. From what I've been reading, those paying these high prices are living comfortably and 1200 doesn't have an impact on their living conditions. The people who realize they can't afford to keep their priorities straight AND cop these are the ones throwing in the towel and saying "I love the shoe but refuse to pay these prices." Nobody's going hungry over these.

Nowitzness clearly isn't salty because he's made it clear he could have gotten the shoes but doesn't like them. However, people can spend their money on whatever they want to, and him coming in here and hating on people paying those prices is childish. True, the money could be going to their families, but the people paying thousands for these are not the people who can't put food on the table. From what I've been reading, those paying these high prices are living comfortably and 1200 doesn't have an impact on their living conditions. The people who realize they can't afford to keep their priorities straight AND cop these are the ones throwing in the towel and saying "I love the shoe but refuse to pay these prices." Nobody's going hungry over these.
correction. anyone can say that they passed after release date to try to prove their point. just as much as he can say he passed. i could say that i didnt and sold the pair to fund more general releases that i like. i was just bringing up the point of 3rd world countries as shoe collecting is not a priority since he decided to give financing advice. the prices are the way they are bc people can afford to pay them. we are on niketalk.com. not savetheworldtalk.com so i was just giving an example. i have my budget on these and am okay with possibly never seeing them on my feet. i wish theyd drop in price but im realistic and understand these arent going to drop drastically as these are straight up in a class of their own

Last edited:
*edit* I dont wanna go back and forth with you either, but I do think the fad will be over soon, and no way in hell people will pay that same price for used yeezy 2's in 10 years. No way of knowing now, and like i said- the fad has been at its strongest for the past 3 years- this too shall pass amigo
nah, they'll still be expensive, look at dunks, which aren't even celebrity endorsed.

^ coould be, but probably not nearly like they are currently. i just dont see it happening- I get the feeling this ship is gonna pass soon, things have been peaking after the last 6-7 years of a steady incline. Maddox is half right, but Im really not in here to hate- i just feel like somebody has to be the donkey and say some necessary things regarding the topic (i feel this is an ugly side of the site, and shoes altogether- got people scamming left and right and talking bout how they're broke now- and for what? Some over-price, over-hyped shoes: eh, yall can have em). I'll leave you fellas to your topic now:smokin
To answer your question though wonder, there were many beanie babies just like there are many different models of shoes, each with their own rarity and price. But when the followers move on and the demand plummets, ALL prices drop- look at sports cards, pogs, pokemon cards, and so on- its just the way it works. What once was worth $25 to $40 is now worth $1 or 2. What once was $500 to $1000 is now $25 to $35. I doubt it will be that drastic for shoes, but I could see the prices going in half, or even a third of current market value- easily Peace
so ur saying we shouldnt buy anything at all then as everything eventually is worth nothing? ur bringing up things that have no value to many at that time and even still today. fads. how about coins then? there are many different coins each w their own rarity and price. regardless. we get it. u either dont like them or are salty you dont have them. time will tell. ur opinion is ur opinion. is it valid? prob not. we live in 2012 and are able to nitpick on the failed fads of the 90s. bring up the example of masses buying pet rocks while ur at it. apples and oranges. u said u can sell all ur used shoes and get ur money back but how so if all prices drop? i just like that ur categorizing everyone as followers. just looks like ur broke and bitter. give us an estimate as to when u think theyll drop in price so i can either finally get a pair at that time or recall it back for u

Last edited:
Hes right. The fad may be over soon but it AINT gonna drive down the price of a sneaker overtime. Whats 1000 bucks now, will most likely be 1000 bucks down the line.\ unless its some overhyped retro that wasnt really worth it.

Last edited:
ill bring this up as well. can u give an example of why u think these shoes arent a wise investment at their current price? like something that is currently in its 2nd generation or model as the yeezy 1s went up in value when these released. i cant think of anything off the top of my head. u compared them to beanie babies but those were a lot of characters. these are just 2 models and i cant see them going past 3. usually when things are scarce. they tend to hold their value
also. u still havent answered this up here. id like an example to place yeezys in the same category of one of ur examples. ive yet to hear of anyone camping well over a week for a product. people were even prepared to camp a month. give me an example of a product or piece of apparel that was made in limited quantities that commanded such attention as these that have dropped dramatically in value. better yet. give an example of a product or piece of apparel associated with an artist or celebrity made in limited quantities that has dropped in value. hell. not even just associated but designed by. were beanie babies and pogs associated w madonna? were sports cards individually endorsed and promoted by each athlete on them? the only thing i can see touching these were the galaxy foams. but those are an 8th or 9th variation of the same shoe model that has been out since 96 97. they should drop. but even then. theyre still going for well over their retail right now. theyre associated with penny and many people easily overlook that. kanye and penny are 2 very diff people and kanye covers much more than the basketball and sneaker market. what makes u think these will drop if kanye covers such a broad audience who possibly just dont want the shoes but rather want them as a keepsake association w him? just cuz u dont like him doesnt mean milllions of others feel the same way

Hes right. The fad may be over soon but it AINT gonna drive down the price of a sneaker overtime. Whats 1000 bucks now, will most likely be 1000 bucks down the line.\ unless its some overhyped retro that wasnt really worth it.
def agree. u throw in the price of inflation years from now and theyll either have kept their value or gone up

Yes i did answer that quote, and yes- you're right, people did camp for a week or whatever, theres a lot of jobless morons that live off the government and have side hustles- and most of them should be living on those same streets in a tent anyways. Princess Diana, Mark McGwire, Barry Bonds, Jerry Garcia all had beanie babies associated with them, not to mention entire countries. A keepsake for association with a famous, arrogant, self-absorbed musician who isn't even that great? OK. I swear, some of you are questionable for being so gaga over Kanye West in the first place- I can see female dogs being that way (not ladies, but truly the B**%s) because they are the ones who get all creamy and fascinated by males who are egomaniacs and have a presence of power (that yall dummies allow him to have). Really though, i do have work to do- no more time (at least today) to debate this crap. Keep doing yall, i'm just speaking my mind- pretty much done though- i said all i wanted to
u didnt. what was an example of a product or item that had 2 generations or models that can compare? in regards to beanie babies. i was talking about association in terms of promoting the product. the ty company just bought licensing rights but i dont recall anyone of those people actively promoting them. if u know marketing. its not hard to get licensing rights if you have the money. like i said before. ur coming off as real salty and bitter. like ye himself belittled and slapped u in person. this dude still comparing beanies babies to shoes. smh

Yes i did answer that quote, and yes- you're right, people did camp for a week or whatever, theres a lot of jobless morons that live off the government and have side hustles- and most of them should be living on those same streets in a tent anyways. Princess Diana, Mark McGwire, Barry Bonds, Jerry Garcia all had beanie babies associated with them, not to mention entire countries. A keepsake for association with a famous, arrogant, self-absorbed musician who isn't even that great? OK. I swear, some of you are questionable for being so gaga over Kanye West in the first place- I can see female dogs being that way (not ladies, but truly the B**%s) because they are the ones who get all creamy and fascinated by males who are egomaniacs and have a presence of power (that yall dummies allow him to have). Really though, i do have work to do- no more time (at least today) to debate this crap. Keep doing yall, i'm just speaking my mind- pretty much done though- i said all i wanted to

My man, you sure do know a lot about Beanie Babies. How much did you Net when you sold off your collection?

Lol jk... Couldn't resist.

BTW, all those [celebritries, athletes, princess, countries] you mentioned as having a Beanie Babie associated, how many of them worked in the design and marketing process of such product? Was there even one if them that designed their own? I feel like its not comparable and you're reaching a bit to justify your argument.

I could stand to be corrected, as I was never a BB collector...

I have no dog in this fight and honestly I feel like the argument in general is a waste of time... I think most of which you guys are arguing over are things that are simply subjective.

Both sides make some valid points. Both sides reach at points.

Just my .02... I do not wish to join this feud.

My man, you sure do know a lot about Beanie Babies. How much did you Net when you sold off your collection?
Lol jk... Couldn't resist.
BTW, all those [celebritries, athletes, princess, countries] you mentioned as having a Beanie Babie associated, how many of them worked in the design and marketing process of such product? Was there even one if them that designed their own? I feel like its not comparable and you're reaching a bit to justify your argument.
I could stand to be corrected, as I was never a BB collector...
I have no dog in this fight and honestly I feel like the argument in general is a waste of time... I think most of which you guys are arguing over are things that are simply subjective.
Both sides make some valid points. Both sides reach at points.
Just my .02... I do not wish to join this feud.
lol. EXACTLY! just google searched that diana one and she was already dead. they just made it for charity purposes

Sooo I think I may hold the record for most money scammed for these shoes.
I have been scammed for a grand total of 3400! Got all my money back. That's the good thing. Bad thing is that I still don't have them.
**** these shoes I'm throwing in the towel.

I have been scammed for a grand total of 3400! Got all my money back. That's the good thing. Bad thing is that I still don't have them.
SMH, scammers gonna scam.

Haha, good one- it was actually my sister who collected them, but she didn't sell any of them either (i think she just threw them all away). I f you put it that way, i guess its not comparable- but the way he asked it- TY did use celebrity status to sell their products and make them appear more desirable. To me, anybody that just collects shoes as a hobby (especially the mjority now who just picked it up as its become popular) are in the same category as those that collected anything else. Though shoes are more of a passion and even lifestyle for others. Its all preference and opinion- but i stand behind what i said and thats just the way i feel. Obviously the majority of this thread disagrees. Oh, and i'm not feuding with anybody, just expressing my opinion and answering questions
yes. ty the company did. not the actual celebrities or athletes. so ur right. its not comparable to yeezys. next?

Last edited:
Beanie Babies and pogs though? really fam? I understand you got an opinion but damn, people have been stocking sneakers since shelltoes. You mean to tell me that 10 years from now a pair of '85 1's won't cause a panic whenever they show up for sale? These one and done runs of "on-the-news" sneakers are going to hold their value as long as there are people out there who enjoy what they put on their feet when they head out. Can't wear a beanie baby collection to stunt on entire families at the mall fam, that's why those flopped. "Sneaker People" will always be around.

all i can say is i got my for stock and i wouldnt sell them. really i would probley pick up a 3 more yeezys if i could get 1 plat and 2 solars in a deal for all three to keep the prices down so i could ice 2 .. lol 

Picked these up 4th of july. They've been worn almost every day since. Lots of walking.

apparently you can click for hi-res. The new NT is slick.

Man i was looking for a straight up trade for my plats for a size 12 in plats or solars with a little extra cash...Kept getting message from scammers and dealing with more than normal B.S., so i just ended up selling them for a nice penny Mon. to a buyer in Germany.

Still in search for the solars mainly but will settle for the plats and if i don't get them i'll keep it moving and wait till or if there is a third colorway or wait till august when all the hype builds around the 6/7 gold pack and swoop me up a pair for a good deal or trade with a little cash depending how the market is for the GM PACK if i get the pack :rolleyes.

Last edited:
@ Wonder: stop it, I clearly wasnt talking to you and you had no idea what you were even talking about.
so if i dont know what im talking about. please make me aware of when all these celebrities and athletes were marketing and designing these beanie babies that u know way too much about. like i said. apples and oranges. just looks like ur reaching to get the last word in and have a problem with name dropping anything and everything. ur THAT guy. smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom