Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 AFTERMATH THREAD ----- NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all those concerned about the program getting into the hands of too many people, notice the "checking for developer authorization" line at startup.

Basically, the program checks a secret twitter account at startup to see if it should continue running. I can disable the current releases at anytime, even for those who have already downloaded it. Then I could release a new version to a more select group.

I have been talking to a few people about the best way to choose users and distribute it but there doesn't seem to be a good way to do it. I also keep running into the PM limit when trying to talk through this stuff.

A couple of ideas have come up. Join date / post count? $5 or $10 a month? $1-3 per release date used? Anyone who bothers to send me a PM? Something else? If anyone has any good ideas, let me know.

Maybe accounts over a certain number of posts and reps that way in order to get the program they have to be an actual contributing member of NT. Also YOU should REALLY be getting paid off of this dude like seriously, I'd feel guilty having something like this and NOT paying or tipping something for this so maybe a monthly fee would be a good idea as a thanks. I mean we are people dropping $500+ a month on shoes, why not tip someone that helps that process. Its only right and well deserved.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Join Date/Post count won't be a good idea because some of us weren't able to take our screen names and post counts to the new board.

I think it should a 1 time fee to a limited amount and then close it off.
 why do ppl keep making these comments alot of ppl lost  their old username when the switch was made myself included.
Have you guys tried asking Meth and co to try and recover your old account for you?

Not saying you two are guilty of this, but I'm tired of seeing this used as an excuse. 

The join date/post count should be the MINIMUM to qualify at the very least. I know it's going to hurt plenty of feelings, but it's a dog eat dog world nowadays. Especially in the shoe game.

Lol @ the dudes with thousands of posts saying it should be a post count thing. Of course you guys would say that.

Plus, post count doesnt speak to how you contribute. I only have 100 something posts, but i know my Yeezy comparison helped a lot of people.

Lol @ the dudes with thousands of posts saying it should be a post count thing. Of course you guys would say that.

Plus, post count doesnt speak to how you contribute. I only have 100 something posts, but i know my Yeezy comparison helped a lot of people.

There are/should be obvious exceptions to this rule, my man. But it'll weed out dozens if not hundreds of lurkers.

Someone will work out what Dr. Rspot did. Someone will figure out a way to make it a nuclear weapon. The world's not ready yet.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Have you guys tried asking Meth and co to try and recover your old account for you?

Not saying you two are guilty of this, but I'm tired of seeing this used as an excuse. 
I've asked Meth and either I forgot my old password or used an old email address I don't use anymore so I'm unable to revive my old account.....either way...you can tell who actually make relevant posts, and has helped people out in the past or has posted restocking links or information.

Don't get me wrong though......this clearly could be a game changer for NDC releases so obv my hope would be that this would be only avail to actual sneakerheads, who actually contribute, and not peeps that will abuse it to pad their bank accounts......but how that is done and is fair, is beyond me.

Last edited:
My hope is that if this is used that is limited to a certain number of users per release.... lets say 25,50,100.... at least then it would be beneficial.... if it is straight up a flat fee every month, etc... everyone and their dog will have it and it will provide zero advantage.

I for one am going to donate to rspot if I can get a pair of shoes using his system. I was up all night trying to get the rookies, even had my GF and sister trying for me too. Ended up paying $450 for my pair, I would gladly donate money if I could get for retail. Thanks for making the program, I was trying to create something similar in C+ but haven't had the time, Unix is much cleaner anyway. Post counts and join dates can be deceiving, I lurked here for awhile but joined to talk about the Lebron X ID thread. 

In Yeezy news, I love black and white shoes and although the color way isn't as fresh as the other two or the first 3 yeezys I would love a chance to own a pair. I never pay more then double the retail cost of a shoe and with Yeezy's, that isn't possible unless you got lucky on release.

Windows test version is working with chrome, not so well with IE9.

Rspot I will PM you with the IE9 error info after work.

You could have everyone who sends you a pm by tonight or very soon be allowed to use it because although I'm not one of them some people actually did lose their accounts with the switch.

You guys are overthinking this wayy too much involving $$ and post count and etc. remember that theres 10x more lurkers than registered members on this site,and the post has been already up for about 24hrs already. So its pretty much already out there.

Still looking forward to try it nonetheless

You guys are overthinking this wayy too much involving $$ and post count and etc. remember that theres 10x more lurkers than registered members on this site,and the post has been already up for about 24hrs already. So its pretty much already out there.
Still looking forward to try it nonetheless

http://lithosphere.lithium.com/t5/Science-of-Social-blog/The-90-9-1-Rule-in-Reality/ba-p/5463

The 90-9-1 rule simply states that:
90% of all users are lurkers. They read, search, navigate, and observe, but don't contribute
9% of all users contribute occasionally
1% of all users participate a lot and account for most of the content in the community

Which isn't for all forums, but is considered a great rule of thumb.

I was skeptical at first but now i must give props. works great

now with that beings said......i think you should just limit the amount of people allowed to download it.

Last edited:
I can disable the current releases at anytime
ahhhh....the masterplan is revealed. worldwide distribution of the program, disable it right before the next yeezys are released and then use the backup program you have made for yourself and profit :pimp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom