Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 AFTERMATH THREAD ----- NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ ^ What's funny to me are all these people who spend crazy money on sneakers yet admit that it "chips, peels, cracks" etc. Anyone else see the idiocy of paying thousands for a shoe that originally sold for far greater than it was actually worth in terms of materials/labor. It's a shoe, it's made to have a limited shelf life. It's not like a watch or something that realistically can be passed down or hold a true market value beyond the limited niche collector/enthusiast.

Last edited:
My man.

Enter Denzel American Gangster gif here __.
lol I feel the same topic of wearing or not wearing fakes pops up every month or so. I'm man enough to admit that I can't afford to drop two stacks on Nikes at this point in my life but as you said I would never settle for an imitation to front like I can afford the real thing. I'm sure if the faux red octobers had a sign taped to them saying replica a lot less people would cop

Last edited:
or
G) Is 6 foot 4, 225 lbs and would snap a kid in half if they made fun of his "fake shoes", and despite having the "fake shoes" still leaves with the girl captain "INTEGRITY" was admiring all night
Repped for humor, but if I may I think this is even better...

Last edited:
Yeah, well I'm the kinda guy who has on real shoes and clothes and also walks out with the baddest chick in the club. :wink:

well I mean if ur messing with the right type of women the kicks u have on shouldn't really matter

I like the girls who actually do like to check a guy's shoes and fashion as one of the first couple of things.

I like the girls who actually do like to check a guy's shoes and fashion as one of the first couple of things.
what I meant was if she's into kicks or something it's cool but if she's looking at your yeezys and thinking this man just dropped a few stacks on his **** than that could be a problem

Last edited:
Alp, totally different wavelengths man, you clearly said "women" he said "girls" what's that tell ya...Although I won't throw any more fuel on that impeding fire.

Last edited:
what I meant was if she's into kicks or something it's cool but if she's looking at your yeezys and thinking this man just dropped a few stacks on his **** than that could be a problem

Haha. True dat. Very few girls know what guys shoes cost / are worth tho, but some know when your shoes are ugly or not.

I'm way more into chicks when they're not only hot but also dress fly. Which is rare around here. There's plenty of dumb hot chicks around here but most of em dress like corny conservative country girls. Sucks.

Proto J and madamimadam both bring up good points and misconceptions as well.

madamimadam is totally mistaken thinking that reps are made in the same factories as legit pairs. If that was the case they would not still be getting the 23 or carbon fiber wrong on Jordan XIs after all these years. Yes it is a hassle to get shoes but no on is forcing you to get the shoes that are sellouts. FTL, Champs and Finishline are filled with hundreds of shoes you can easily walk in and buy any day of the week. You are choosing to try and obtain a shoe that has a high demand and possibility of selling out. If you want to stack your collection with nothing but replicas that's your choice but don't be naive to think that $65 replica is identical in quality and craftsmanship vs it's authentic counterpart.

Proto J the misconception that those who buy fakes can't afford the real thing is just that, a misconception. Just like some millionaires choose to drive a prius > a higher end car or chauffeur same goes for people who are used to buying fakes. Most of em have decent places to live, car etc but are choosing to buy reps. Its a choice based on priorities they have. Some people are fine with that because in the end shoes are shoes or they, like most, feel that paying a ridiculous price for shoes is just that ridiculous. If they're wearing a recognizable shoe and getting props to them it's cool cuz they know they spent chump change on getting that feeling. Its no different than dudes spending their life savings/going into debt on a pair of PEs just for IG likes. But reps and people who buy them aren't whats wrong with the culture, they're an offshoot and/or a result of this culture.

Also you say you would never rock a fake anything but are all your jerseys legit? can everyone of your songs in your itunes be linked to a digital receipt? you paid for every new movie you've seen? What about art? Does having a replica Van Gogh, Munch or Monet make you not love or appreciate art less? how about a girl you've dated with that fake coach or louis bag? Her boobs real? would you not date her if they weren't?

I'm just saying I understand your point of integrity and all that but you can't act so vehemently about real Nikes vs the fakes/reps/grey markets and then go and d/l that new Drake on a leaked link.

my $0.02.
QFTMFT....close the argument...

Yeah, whatever. Just being a jack@$%, but we should dead the fakes debate here.

Those of you who wanna post and talk about fakes should really go start NikeREPLICATalk.com. The domain name is prolly open. :lol:

Ya'll are definitely reaching, comparing two completely different subjects. Although I would never wear fakes, why bring up a guy wearing fakes bagging more women than a man who chooses to wear authentic clothing. Buying shoes and talking to women are for the most part not related.

Haha. True dat. Very few girls know what guys shoes cost / are worth tho, but some know when your shoes are ugly or not.

I'm way more into chicks when they're not only hot but also dress fly. Which is rare around here. There's plenty of dumb hot chicks around here but most of em dress like corny conservative country girls. Sucks.
where I'm at(NYC) u got all types of chicks. But finding a girl that dresses fly(but not a hood rat) is like finding a needle in the haystack.

Last edited:
This poor kid was in HOH a few weeks ago with these horrible fakes on, and his shirt said "killin' em"... :lol:

Everyone that works there including the manager were dying laughing, while trying to keep it cool so he'd still buy stuff. LOL.

Just saying, that's the thing, people today are buying fakes and seriously think they're "killin' em" (And they're buying them with the intention to "kill em", to stunt, not just cuz they like the shoe)... LOL! Obviously this kid didn't seem to know better, but it's still the same thing when you buy fakes that actually look real and are actual real colorways. Lol.

Why do people that wear fakes feel the need to convince people that don't theres a legit reason to wear fakes?

If you buy fake shoes and your happy with your fake shoes then why the need for justification?

I personally could care less about people that rock fakes, thats for them to do and doesn't bother me. Better yet thats one less person I have to worry about when I'm trying to cop authentic pairs.

The only thing I can't stand is when people try to make it seem like there is something I don't understand or get by not validating their purchase of fake products.

Why do people that wear fakes feel the need to convince people that don't theres a legit reason to wear fakes?
If you buy fake shoes and your happy with your fake shoes then why the need for justification?

I personally could care less about people that rock fakes, thats for them to do and doesn't bother me. Better yet thats one less person I have to worry about when I'm trying to cop authentic pairs.

The only thing I can't stand is when people try to make it seem like there is something I don't understand or get by not validating their purchase of fake products.

Exactly. Which is the only reason I went at him. He was in here making several posts trying to tell us we think we're holier than thou for not cosigning his fakes, and trying to convince us we just don't get it or something. Even implied you don't really love the shoes if you won't settle for fakes. :lol:

It's a sad state of affairs on NT these days...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom