Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 AFTERMATH THREAD ----- NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

the amount of people who could afford a 3k sneaker is relatively small compared to the usual suspects buying the $180 sneakers right now to flip

plus the risk of getting robbed or scammed for that is exponential when you get to that price range. hell i know i wouldn't be investing in something that easy to steal
if theres a projected profit, please believe the people will find a way to get the money. and if regulars cant afford them, i know plenty of people with bots who sell their services and stack money for themselves doing it, they could walk away from the release with 10 pairs easy, when theyre making over 6-7k a weekend. and see them up on the bay the next day for double.

if theres a projected profit, please believe the people will find a way to get the money. and if regulars cant afford them, i know plenty of people with bots who sell their services and stack money for themselves doing it, they could walk away from the release with 10 pairs easy, when theyre making over 6-7k a weekend. and see them up on the bay the next day for double.
sure there are people out there who have the money to buy the shoe for 3 stacks, but to buy resale for 8k? and ofcourse there will be SOME people who pay that amount, but supply and demand will not be the same. what average consumer is really out there trying to put a down payment on a car into a shoe. if or when it ever gets to that point I hope people can take a step back and realize what kind of decisions they are making on something that is worn on your feet and nothing else. but then again if you can afford to spend 8k on a shoe then all this doesn't really matter anyways.

Last edited:

sure there are people out there who have the money to buy the shoe for 3 stacks, but to buy resale for 8k? and ofcourse there will be SOME people who pay that amount, but supply and demand will not be the same. what average consumer is really out there trying to put a down payment on a car into a shoe. if or when it ever gets to that point I hope people can take a step back and realize what kind of decisions they are making on something that is worn on your feet and nothing else. but then again if you can afford to spend 8k on a shoe then all this doesn't really matter anyways.
i get what youre saying, and maybe 8k is an exaggeration, but who wouldve expected $245 yeezy 2s to hit 3k resell? i didnt. plenty of people are out there who are willing to drop a car payment on some kicks, its sad but true. defining an average consumer in the sneaker community cant happen. depends on the individual and the shoe. just like people who paid around 5k for the champ pack. i wouldnt do that, but would i pay around 600 for just the lows? yeah if i had the money. point is 3k for yeezys would hurt more than it would help. thats a fact. anything over 300 isnt helping the consumers who actually want them to keep like myself, its only giving people with money, usually resellers, a better chance to get theirs. 

i get what youre saying, and maybe 8k is an exaggeration, but who wouldve expected $245 yeezy 2s to hit 3k resell? i didnt. plenty of people are out there who are willing to drop a car payment on some kicks, its sad but true. defining an average consumer in the sneaker community cant happen. depends on the individual and the shoe. just like people who paid around 5k for the champ pack. i wouldnt do that, but would i pay around 600 for just the lows? yeah if i had the money. point is 3k for yeezys would hurt more than it would help. thats a fact. anything over 300 isnt helping the consumers who actually want them to keep like myself, its only giving people with money, usually resellers, a better chance to get theirs. 
agreed. to be honest the only way to combat resale prices is just flood the market with massive quantities, but Nike would never do that.

it's brilliant on their part by riding the hype train while it has momentum, but this generation of sneaker consumerism has turned into something ugly.

My thing about high resale prices is not the resellers fault. It's THE SNEAKER COMMUNITY. If people wouldn't pay these "rape prices," then there wouldn't be any. Like what was mentioned earlier here, the guy made a good point. People would drop 2,000 on shoes that retailed 245 like it's okay and then blame the seller, when in the end, you are the one that agreed with the price. So next heat release and ou see a high price, DONT PAY IT. Then the seller will HAVE to lower it.

I saw it with te DB3s, people were gonna sell it for at least a rack, but people were smart and did not pay it, so the resell price dropped to 600. So it is possible, don't tell me it isn't.

ok, but the kanye x LVs had a 1.2k+ price tag and those didnt have a problem moving. i get theres a difference in the price, but the whole reason these are selling for 3k in the first place is the kanye tie in. which would follow through even if they were 3k retail. 
they didn't move as easily as u think. Yes, the jaspers sold faster bought dons sat at lv stores for a while and lv destroys product they don't sell which is not something Nike generally does, at least not in the fashion that lv does it

My thing about high resale prices is not the resellers fault. It's THE SNEAKER COMMUNITY. If people wouldn't pay these "rape prices," then there wouldn't be any. Like what was mentioned earlier here, the guy made a good point. People would drop 2,000 on shoes that retailed 245 like it's okay and then blame the seller, when in the end, you are the one that agreed with the price. So next heat release and ou see a high price, DONT PAY IT. Then the seller will HAVE to lower it.

I saw it with te DB3s, people were gonna sell it for at least a rack, but people were smart and did not pay it, so the resell price dropped to 600. So it is possible, don't tell me it isn't.
i feel you on this bro. prime example is the 3Lab5's that dropped recently. right at release people were asking for $400+ for a good week and then they realized that 90% of the people that bought the shoe were other resellers. price dropped down to $300 and below real quick.

As I mentioned in the DB V thread earlier the deal I did for my second pair of Yeezy II Plats:

I traded 2 pairs of deadstock DB V's from Friday's restock (s/o to GrapeApe :smokin for the heads up on it!) [sz 8.5 & 9]

For his:

Yeezy Platinum IIs that he had for sale at Flight Club NY [sz: 9]. He met me inside the store and FCNY removed the pair from their floor display.

I have a pair already that's vvnds [sz 9] wore 3-4x.

I thought it was a good trade since it was basically DS Yeezys for $400. Only 2 things would've made it better. 1) .5 size smaller 2) it was solars since I have plats

How far do you guys think I am from a pair of Solars now? Think anyone would do Plats + cash for solars?

If I can't find anyone then at least I'm more comfortable with wearing my initial pair knowing that I have a back up.

I like DB's but Yeezys are my favorite and I think in the long run the Yeezys will hold up better (no yellow soles for starters-- no shots at DB v's, they're beautiful).

As I mentioned in the DB V thread earlier the deal I did for my second pair of Yeezy II Plats:

I traded 2 pairs of deadstock DB V's from Friday's restock (s/o to GrapeApe
smokin.gif
for the heads up on it!) [sz 8.5 & 9]

For his:

Yeezy Platinum IIs that he had for sale at Flight Club NY [sz: 9]. He met me inside the store and FCNY removed the pair from their floor display.

I have a pair already that's vvnds [sz 9] wore 3-4x.

I thought it was a good trade since it was basically DS Yeezys for $400. Only 2 things would've made it better. 1) .5 size smaller 2) it was solars since I have plats

How far do you guys think I am from a pair of Solars now? Think anyone would do Plats + cash for solars?

If I can't find anyone then at least I'm more comfortable with wearing my initial pair knowing that I have a back up.

I like DB's but Yeezys are my favorite and I think in the long run the Yeezys will hold up better (no yellow soles for starters-- no shots at DB v's, they're beautiful).
the soles brown eventually.

:frown:

Sell the plats, add cash and buy solars.

Nobody that actually has a pair of solars wants plats in a trade.

You'll waste time and effort trying to make it happen.

I guess I'm the only person that hates all of the DBs, they get worse every year with them patent leather 5s being mad ugly to me, so that was a no brainier. as far as getting solars it all depends on somebody having platinums and wanting the black ones, might not be too hard if you find somebody with an extra pair or that is tired of the black/solar. no idea how much cash you'd have to add, I would add no more than 500

edit: like mr deeds said most people that have solars don't want plats so just getting the cash would be your best bet

Last edited:
says the guy selling used penny cloaks :rofl:

let's say nike releases the Yeezy 3 at a $3K price tag... you think people are going to be lined up on the streets for days with girlfriends/parents/friends in line to scoop up a pair?

chimon lee

yes, due to demand they still may get flipped, but not as much reselling would occur compared to GR prices (amount of people selling, not amount of $$ value)
yeah... im selling cloaks... i bought them on the low and looking to get a little bit out of them. so what? has nothing to do with this. i have 2 pairs of yeezys i got for retail, and theyre still sitting in my room. as for yeezys selling for 3k, yeah people would still buy them, lined up and all, know why? because theyd still resell them stupid. retail goes up, resell goes up. simple math. i pay 3k for some kicks nobody else could get their hands on, i put them on the market for 8k and i make my money in a week. happens with every shoe. if plats retailed for 245 and resell for 3k, then 3k retail would resell for a ton. 

in conclusion: youre invalid. leave. 

in conclusion: your feelings get hurt over yeezy conversations, but you are going to make 5K per shoe next release so it's all good :smokin

I know ppl r talking about db v yellowing, but what if they put sole savers on them...won't that significantly slow yellowing?

if plats retailed for 245 and resell for 3k, then 3k retail would resell for a ton. 

that's not really true when you start getting into the thousand dollar range. when the price is that high the demand is way lower. if your look at haute couture label sneakers, you'll catch those reselling for retail price or less, sometimes almost half the original price.

someone explain this concept to the 8K yeezy guy up there...

Air Mags....

high price point, limited, and high demand....

that shoe was not purchased by resellers, it was purchased by consumers....

just saying Nike could go this route with the Yeezys if they wanted to, and to me, it would make sense

Air Mags....

just saying Nike could go this route with the Yeezys if they wanted to, and to me, it would make sense

Thank you.

On a side note, the 1st pair of Mags went for 75K. I don't think that buyer flipped them for 200K. On the opposite side of the spectrum, the lowest prices were in the 2.5-3K.

I love how everybody in the sneaker community is an economist. Make the long story short, Nike won't make more no matter how much we whine. If you have the money to drop 3k on sneakers good stuff, if not then move on. You have to pay to play

So much drama in this thread, but this is nothing like the thread that preceded the first Y2 drop. The RO's aren't quite as hype as the original two.

Air Mags....

Hope they go this route. Keep the kids that don't have funds and try to resell everything away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom