Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 AFTERMATH THREAD ----- NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

your point?
you just made it 
roll.gif

Here's something that's pure speculation but an interesting point I haven't heard discussed yet....

Wouldn't one think that there will inherently be more pairs of the reds than solars and plats based solely on the fact that we all expect the same retailers to receive these that did with the first two pairs? Solars and plats were split by West and East, and if all those same retailers are receiving the reds that means that there must be comparable numbers produced as plats and solars combined...

There are lots of ways to shoot holes all through that thought but it's still an interesting point to note...

I don't believe that RO's will release at all of the locations that had plats and solars. I know the overseas distribution is nowhere near what those were. In the states. these will be heavy in the Niketowns and not in HoH's like the other two also. That last sentence is an assumption, but based off of how Nike sells their limited shoes now compared to last year too.

It will be nice when we do know where we can grab pairs tho. Fingers crossed that where ever they are, there are a lot more pairs (I think there will be fewer total RO's than each of plats or solars, personally).

Last edited:
Interesting thought Mike. I know what you're saying and any non-sneaker head would be thinking "well sure if a store received a FSR of Solars and a separate FSR of Plats then they'll have 2 FSR's of Red's"

I think we're all secretly praying that this is the case. It is interesting though and it hasn't been brought up enough

The initials SP did not appear on the original 2 colorways. I, like many, have noticed that "SP" is found on a few other releases by Nike (doesn't necessarily have to be limited).. I know it has been discussed somewhere because I briefly remember coming across it

But what do the initials stand for and why are they on it this time? (I think they started using SP late 2012 but not sure)

I don't think these will be as spread out either, I believe the release will be closer to a Doernbecher release, with mostly Nike Towns getting these. Nike wants to keep a tight grip on this release and that's the best way to do so.

I don't think these will be as spread out either, I believe the release will be closer to a Doernbecher release, with mostly Nike Towns getting these. Nike wants to keep a tight grip on this release and that's the best way to do so.
yes and then maybe HOH's will receive pairs to fill other parts of the country that aren't privileged enough to have a Niketown, such as HOH Miami.

And then of course your smaller shops (kith, atmos, etc) who have held nike accounts for a long time and constantly push Nike's product -whether it's crap or not- will probably have pairs again

The initials SP did not appear on the original 2 colorways. I, like many, have noticed that "SP" is found on a few other releases by Nike (doesn't necessarily have to be limited).. I know it has been discussed somewhere because I briefly remember coming across it

But what do the initials stand for and why are they on it this time? (I think they started using SP late 2012 but not sure)
I think that those monikers are some sort of tag to a design team that works on the shoes. NRG, SP, HTM, etc... Can't confirm that but that'd be my educated guess

I think that those monikers are some sort of tag to a design team that works on the shoes. NRG, SP, HTM, etc... Can't confirm that but that'd be my educated guess
Definitely a possibility. I did a quick google search and came up with nothing but you might be onto something. NRG, QS, HTM, etc are to ways to categorize the product and SP has definitely been used before

^^ Yupp and they ignore every tweet about Yeezys. You know they hear us.
Absolutely, their customer service on twitter is superb. There isn't a tweet they don't read and give a concise answer too. If they don't have an answer they aren't afraid to direct you in the right spot. They must've got strict orders to ignore any Yeezy talk whatsoever.

Last edited:
FYI SP=Special Projects and NSW has been using it for the last year or so on "special" releases...
Touché. What makes a project "special" - obviously Yeezys are special but is there any rhyme or reason to some releases receiving SP and others not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom