Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 AFTERMATH THREAD ----- NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by babylonzion

Originally Posted by B Fresco

Originally Posted by jeenewed

This is an honest question....

Don't you guys feel stupid paying 7x retail for a pair of shoes that aren't even THAT hot?
It's not hot to YOU. And that means NOTHING to US. Most people in here are waiting it out, so nobody is really paying 7x Retail. I'm aiming for 4x Retail (about a G) and that's comparable to any generally considered GRAIL/Heat pair of kicks with similar availability. (Tiff's, South Beaches, Supreme Dunks, etc, etc..). So to answer your question, NOPE, aint nobody feeling stupid. This is an HONEST ANSWER.

tiffs go for $500, south beaches $500, supreme under $1,000
but these mediocre quality shoes, to pay $1300+ or waste days of your life camping for is absolutely ridiculous. these shoes cost about $10 to make, that's including shipping. they are not rick owens or louboutins, if you even know who they are
Who cares what people spend THEIR money on?  It ain't coming out of your bank account or wallet.  Also, why even name drop Rick Owens and Christian Louboutin?  Different strokes for different folks.  To some people, Louis spikes are nice, to others they're hideous.  
I'd rather pay $1300+ for Yeezy 2's than some up to my knee wrestling boot with a thick platform sole by Rick Owens, but that's just my opinion.  Should I jump into the high end designer shoe thread and start bashing Rick Owens?

Originally Posted by jeenewed

This is an honest question....

Don't you guys feel stupid paying 7x retail for a pair of shoes that aren't even THAT hot?
It's not hot to YOU. And that means NOTHING to US. Most people in here are waiting it out, so nobody is really paying 7x Retail. I'm aiming for 4x Retail (about a G) and that's comparable to any generally considered GRAIL/Heat pair of kicks with similar availability. (Tiff's, South Beaches, Supreme Dunks, etc, etc..). So to answer your question, NOPE, aint nobody feeling stupid. This is an HONEST ANSWER.

but these mediocre quality shoes, to pay $1300+ or waste days of your life camping for is absolutely ridiculous. these shoes cost about $10 to make, that's including shipping. they are not rick owens or louboutins, if you even know who they are
HONESTLY THOSE SHOES AREN'T WORTH THEIR PRICE TAGS EITHER.

I TRULY BELIEVE IF YOU SIT DOWN AND EVALUATE ALL MANUFACTURED SHOES EVER MADE BY MATERIALS, LABOR, ETC. YOU WOULD BE HARD PRESSED TO FIND MANY THAT ARE TRULY WORTH MORE THAN $100 IMO. OF COURSE IN OUR MINDS WE BELIEVE SO BECAUSE WE HAVE BEEN LED TO BELIEVE SO OR HAVE HYPED THEM UP SO MUCH IN OUR MINDS IT'S JUSTIFIED. IN MY OPINION, NO SHOE IS TRULY WORTH VERY MUCH MONEY UNLESS IF IT'S MADE OUT OF SOMETHING RARE LIKE GOLD, PLATINUM, SILVER ETC.

Yeah, if anyone can make me these shoes for $10 hit me up
laugh.gif
 Hell i'll even pay shipping 
eek.gif

the shoes are only worth what the public is willing to pay for them. that sets a market value.

people are willing to pay these prices for these. some for hype. some because they genuinely love the look of the shoe.

i've seen designer brand shoes that certainly are not worth even what their MSRP is...

i don't think undefeated 4's, paris dunks, etc., are worth $5k...

but it doesn't matter what i think cuz that's the going rates, and that's not gonna change cuz i don't like it.

i'd rather pay the resell value on these than 99% of the designer brand shoes that retail for these same prices... because i like the way the shoe looks, and i don't like most of those designer brand shoes. simple as that.

Honestly. Everyone thats talking about prices being to expensive and is it worth needs to exit and stay out this thread....

Everyone thats in here for the same reason as me and would like this shoe already knows the price, the quality, how we are getting rape with a broom stick with no types of foreplay or ky jelly.

So stop making arguments and let this thread be.... all you are doing is stating the obvious that has been brought up 1004873484 times.

You don't like the shoe ....cool

You will never pay 8x the retail...cool.

You rather buy fakes...do you.

You hate kanye....Join the taylor swift club.

You cant afford the shoe....save up, sell you sole (literal) , pimp if needed...

Let us who like the shoe Talk amongst each other without the bs....thanks

Lemme ask you guys something, if the shoe had nothing to do with Kanye whatsoever, do you think it would garner as much hype???

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

I TRULY BELIEVE IF YOU SIT DOWN AND EVALUATE ALL MANUFACTURED SHOES EVER MADE BY MATERIALS, LABOR, ETC. YOU WOULD BE HARD PRESSED TO FIND MANY THAT ARE TRULY WORTH MORE THAN $100 IMO. OF COURSE IN OUR MINDS WE BELIEVE SO BECAUSE WE HAVE BEEN LED TO BELIEVE SO OR HAVE HYPED THEM UP SO MUCH IN OUR MINDS IT'S JUSTIFIED. IN MY OPINION, NO SHOE IS TRULY WORTH VERY MUCH MONEY UNLESS IF IT'S MADE OUT OF SOMETHING RARE LIKE GOLD, PLATINUM, SILVER ETC.

You finally got em huh? Congrats bruh

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Lemme ask you guys something, if the shoe had nothing to do with Kanye whatsoever, do you think it would garner as much hype???

of course not.

he is probably the most influential dude in urban fashion right now, and has been for a few years...

that being said, i swear on everything i'd cop both the yeezy 1 and yeezy 2 if he had nothing to do with it, and they were a GR, just sitting on shelves across the world...

in fact, i'd prefer that, as it would be a much less stressful cop.
laugh.gif

i just love the way the shoes look. that's really it.

i seriously can't believe that the prices are staying so high. hasn't been that long since they dropped but damn. 

it's because so many people had to cop for rape at actual stores... and the few who copped for MSRP are either keeping them or trying to get in on some of that action too...

exactly what i was afraid of all along...

I TRULY BELIEVE IF YOU SIT DOWN AND EVALUATE ALL MANUFACTURED SHOES EVER MADE BY MATERIALS, LABOR, ETC. YOU WOULD BE HARD PRESSED TO FIND MANY THAT ARE TRULY WORTH MORE THAN $100 IMO.
OF COURSE IN OUR MINDS WE BELIEVE SO BECAUSE WE HAVE BEEN LED TO BELIEVE SO OR HAVE HYPED THEM UP SO MUCH IN OUR MINDS IT'S JUSTIFIED. IN MY OPINION, NO SHOE IS TRULY WORTH VERY MUCH MONEY UNLESS IF IT'S MADE OUT OF SOMETHING RARE LIKE GOLD, PLATINUM, SILVER ETC.
anigif_enhanced-buzz-16047-1337615049-3.gif

I take it you've never owned a nice pair of dress shoes other than something off the rack? There's more to shoes than just sneakers and their matching Elite socks. I'm not a fan of those mentioned above nor their prices, but I can certainly vouch for shoes that I own that literally take a s$#t on most shoes on the market in terms of value. Just picked up a pair of Ferragamo Andreas which aren't even that premier, but the quality is flawless. In regards to designers, there are plenty out there (Edward Green, John Lobb, etc.) that are truly worth their price as they both outclass and outlast most shoes. Considering this is primarily a sneaker community, the value of a shoe can be subjective, but there is quite a difference in what you think materials, labor, etc. cost from shoe-to-shoe to subject them to the same level...

Edit: Grammar...

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

it's because so many people had to cop for rape at actual stores... and the few who copped for MSRP are either keeping them or trying to get in on some of that action too...

exactly what i was afraid of all along...

Truth....I copped for retail. 
I am finding most people the copped are just selling.  Since my size were release oversea Ive been dealing with them a lot these past few weeks.  And majority of people not even about shoes, even mid age women just copped the shoes just to resell.

They see these price on ebay and think theyre gonna get like 2500.  but they are sitting.  Most people over sease arent paying this money.  Ive been able to talk 1 person down to $1500 because he got tired of relisting. Luckily I was able to find a pair on ebay for much less.

I think If you're patient and wait it out these will eventually go for $1300 -1500.  So many pairs flooding the market right now.  Then once stock winds down theyll go back up in price....

my predictions.

I would like to cop a pair of plats for the summer but ill wait it out.

pure amusement
roll.gif
your going to look back on this when your older and feel naive

I was just looking at all my past bids on these shoes...and This dude franulations paid 2800 for just 1 pair. Now thats crazy.

Originally Posted by dimez81

I was just looking at all my past bids on these shoes...and This dude franulations paid 2800 for just 1 pair. Now thats crazy.

he prbly has his pops CC # saved on his paypal
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sniper

I TRULY BELIEVE IF YOU SIT DOWN AND EVALUATE ALL MANUFACTURED SHOES EVER MADE BY MATERIALS, LABOR, ETC. YOU WOULD BE HARD PRESSED TO FIND MANY THAT ARE TRULY WORTH MORE THAN $100 IMO.
OF COURSE IN OUR MINDS WE BELIEVE SO BECAUSE WE HAVE BEEN LED TO BELIEVE SO OR HAVE HYPED THEM UP SO MUCH IN OUR MINDS IT'S JUSTIFIED. IN MY OPINION, NO SHOE IS TRULY WORTH VERY MUCH MONEY UNLESS IF IT'S MADE OUT OF SOMETHING RARE LIKE GOLD, PLATINUM, SILVER ETC.
anigif_enhanced-buzz-16047-1337615049-3.gif

I take it you've never owned a nice pair of dress shoes other than something off the rack? There's more to shoes than just sneakers and their matching Elite socks. I'm not a fan of those mentioned above nor their prices, but I can certainly vouch for shoes that I own that literally take a s$#t on most shoes on the market in terms of value. Just picked up a pair of Ferragamo Andreas which aren't even that premier, but the quality is flawless. In regards to designers, there are plenty out there (Edward Green, John Lobb, etc.) that are truly worth their price as they both outclass and outlast most shoes. Considering this is primarily a sneaker community, the value of a shoe can be subjective, but there is quite a difference in what you think materials, labor, etc. cost from shoe-to-shoe to subject them to the same level...

Edit: Grammar...
You forgot Aldens my dude. I prefer the Wing tips. Very well made and can literally last a life time even if worn everyday. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

If there's any dress shoe you ever buy in your life make it a Alden Wing tip. I'm still lovin my Bolar and Plat purchase as well 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

after all of this crazy mess I want these shoes so bad i just might bite the bullet
frown.gif

I literally wanna put these in my everyday rotation with my black cement 3s & black cement 4s

honestly with all this commotion going around shoes now days, hype, re-sellers , inflation and shady stores it ease placing my needs over wants. I start collecting in 02 and to be honest now days   if i can get my hands on a shoe for reasonable price, clarks and yuketen get my money

@dimez81 - Glad you got your pair in your size my dude (even though it wasn't from me) lol. I know you searched high and low for your pair so I hope that deal works out.

On a side note: Has anyone noticed a lack of cushoning in pairs made below size 8? I know regular models such as jordans take a steep downgrade in terms of quality and cushoning in pairs made below size 7.5.

I have all of my OG Yeezys in sz 7 and one pair of Zens in a sz 8 and honestly cannot see a difference in terms of quality or cushoning. Maybe I've just been spoiled by the Yeezy 1 quality, but I have noticed a significant difference. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom