Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 AFTERMATH THREAD ----- NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not a huge Kanye fan, but got damn why do these shoes have to be so expensive? They're so ill
mean.gif
Kanye West + Nike + Limited Availability + Premium Construction + Hypebeasts = $

Ha, I'll give it a try tonight. The insoles just got delivered via amazon. Hopefully they will push my foot a bit higher which will reduce some creasing while also hopefully making the stretched out area look better. It's all I can look at when I look down on feet. Stupid shields....

Sneaker Shields did that damage to your Yeezys?

Tbh glow on pairs are really variable. I had a pair of Plats that would glow all the way through the night with no light, yet my pair of Solars go out in a couple minutes after standing out in the sun all day. 

surely the glow wasn't that strong tho all thru the night...

both my solars and plats glow all thru the night, just from the light in my room, but it's only strong for a few minutes, then calms down...

they really never stop glowing tho... when i wake up the next day, they're still glowing (and the 1's glow is usually completely dead)...

another reason to replace the insoles is cuz i'm sure wear will eventually mess that graphic imprint up...

I never even got to see the full imprint on my platinum pair. I wore them before I knew it was there. After 3 wears it was 90% gone.

Sneaker Shields did that damage to your Yeezys?

Yup. I never even wore them out with them in. Thats just from putting them in and testing them out in the house for a few min. Then leaving them in for a week or so. Took them out and bam. I must have shoved them in too hard or something since everyone else seems to have good success with them. :smh:

Last edited:
all of you guys asking about is it worth dropping xxx amount of stacks on these shoes and holding resale value

think about it if your willing to drop 2-3k on these nike sneakers you dont think there is a bigger yeezy stan out there with more money than you willing to pay 5k+ for em?

these are just sneakers and in the end worth what people are willing to pay for em

all of you guys asking about is it worth dropping xxx amount of stacks on these shoes and holding resale value

think about it if your willing to drop 2-3k on these nike sneakers you dont think there is a bigger yeezy stan out there with more money than you willing to pay 5k+ for em?

these are just sneakers and in the end worth what people are willing to pay for em
Agreed.  Nike priced the yeezy 2 at a point where they made decent profit at $300. This is the products value quality wise. Granted they're quite limited with rumored production numbers around 3-7k per color. People should expect to pay 2 to 3 times retail on a limited item like this. Now you give it another multiplier for celebrity association, sentimental value, or "hype". And my resell price still falls right around $1100 - $1300. 

If you're asking whether its "worth it" to buy a pair and its more than 1300 brand new.... It's NOT. If they aren't even DS, they shouldn't be more than 850. That's just my 2 cents. I know this is not what the reality is. If you think about it as an investor, what would wall street say? They are a hot commodity with no foundation other than market demand. They quickly deteriorate when "consumed". The markup on them is very comparable to the mark up on DIAMONDS!!!  (which last forever I might add). Wall street is laughing at you. Go invest you're money smarter and your $1600- 2800 is likely to pay for itself 3 times over in a year and a half (a few months if you move it around and pull out after holiday bonuses). 

YEEZY's are over priced. Asking if your getting a good deal is like asking if getting the big mac is healthier than a Royale w/ cheese.

Agreed.  Nike priced the yeezy 2 at a point where they made decent profit at $300. This is the products value quality wise. Granted they're quite limited with rumored production numbers around 3-7k per color. People should expect to pay 2 to 3 times retail on a limited item like this. Now you give it another multiplier for celebrity association, sentimental value, or "hype". And my resell price still falls right around $1100 - $1300. 

If you're asking whether its "worth it" to buy a pair and its more than 1300 brand new.... It's NOT. If they aren't even DS, they shouldn't be more than 850. That's just my 2 cents. I know this is not what the reality is. If you think about it as an investor, what would wall street say? They are a hot commodity with no foundation other than market demand. They quickly deteriorate when "consumed". The markup on them is very comparable to the mark up on DIAMONDS!!!  (which last forever I might add). Wall street is laughing at you. Go invest you're money smarter and your $1600- 2800 is likely to pay for itself 3 times over in a year and a half (a few months if you move it around and pull out after holiday bonuses). 

YEEZY's are over priced. Asking if your getting a good deal is like asking if getting the big mac is healthier than a Royale w/ cheese.

Lmao calm down "WALL STREET IS LAUGHING AT YOU". Stop worrying about what other people spend their money on.

If I really want something, I will shell out the cash to get it.

Lmao calm down "WALL STREET IS LAUGHING AT YOU". Stop worrying about what other people spend their money on.

If I really want something, I will shell out the cash to get it.
Can you answer one question Honestly?

Do you live on your own?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom