Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 AFTERMATH THREAD ----- NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@djprotoj whats going on? When was this aha

Back when the Taylor Swift thing happened, he made this super lame, emotional video, saying Kanye was a bad person and he was selling all his Kanye related shoes. And he did, he sold all of them on eBay.

Later, when the hype started rolling again, and it seemed like the world had forgiven him, when it became cool to like him again, this lil gremlin deleted the video and bought all the shoes again. So to see him on IG now, acting like Ye's so amazing again, it's pretty lame.

Yeah, Ye was rude, but he was also hammered drunk, and he was right. Award shows are so rigged, and dude was tired of it, and just spoke out cuz nobody else will. What's crazy is it brought out the worst in people, people were on twitter calling him the N word. Far worse than being rude to a lil girl over an award. The funny thing is, if it was a black girl he did that to, and not some corny lil blue eyed white girl country singer, the same people wouldn't have cared. He did the same thing at the UK awards several years ago when Justin Timberlake lost album of the year. He stuck up for the white guy and said he deserved album of the year. I don't think it was ever about race to Ye, but about art.

I used to never clown on Fran, I let people live, and don't join in on the hate, I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt, and often stick up for the underdog. Especially since Fran seemed to really love sneakers and got a lot of BS hate. But when he did that I realized he was just another sheep, and the worst kind. End of the day, the designer of the shoe or person it's based around shouldn't matter if you really like the shoe itself. There are a million stories out there of Michael Jordan being super rude to tons of people, but I couldn't care less, I like the shoes, and what he did on the court, I'm not here to judge his character, nor am I buying his product cuz of character. What if the guy who made the socks you wear is a rude guy? You don't care about that, so why base shoes off it?

Ok, big deal, Kanye has an ego, is cocky a lil bit, and can be rude and all out of pocket. But so what? Most rappers are ego maniacs. Why does Hov get a pass for comparing himself to greats like Picasso but Ye can't?.... Also being a producer and fashion designer, I think he is also justified. I just think it's lame to be all up on his sack one minute, and then sell him out the next cuz it's the cool thing to do, cuz he was rude to somebody. Like all the positive contributions he's made to the world are all the sudden out the window over one dumb thing... Fran is a herb for that, IMO.

Didn't know Proto was so cool :smokin I remember the arguments I got in when I saw people lash out against Kanye after the Swiftcident

Well I didn't really defend it cuz I have some blind loyalty to Kanye, I really haven't liked all his music and everything, so I certainly wouldn't defend it if he was wrong, but it's a small example of a lynch mob mentality. And the things people were saying after it were far worse than what he said and did. It revealed the true nature of people, and their inability to see what hypocrites they are. And they didn't even care that he defended the white boy b4, JT, and that it was about art to him, and award shows being rigged, not about race.

It was about race to them tho, they didn't like the fact he did that to a sweet little white girl... But if he had done that to a black artist, and they thought he was right, that a white artist should have won, they woulda had his back.

I just remember reading the hateful and racist comments on twitter and being straight up disgusted with society.

This Fran Talk 
tired.gif

Yeezy's Changing Everybody Haha

My response is not based on the fact that I have won the hunt both years.  This is a FAIR way for those who want the shoes to have a chance.  You know what you are getting into.  It doesn't require camping for a week.  It doesn't require entering a rigged raffle.  It doesn't require paying some ridiculous markup.  You spend 1 day for a chance to get the shoes for retail.  I do agree that if you are not from Philly, it's not the best idea to compete because you really need to know the city.  

Good to see a good niketalker win or at least pay retail more then a year later
Im sure it was a lot of work

Just want to address some of the questions/comments on the #RefreshHunt.

The competition was originally designed to give all of our customers a fair chance at buying the sneaker (Yeezy 2) at retail, without having to enter some sort of random raffle where they have no control of their chances or without having to camp out for an extended period of time.

After great success in both Philadelphia and Chicago last year we decided to make this an annual event. A few months ago Nike offered us one random sized box of Yeezys and one random sized box of Corks to use as stock for the event. (Hence the random selection of sizes). 

As for the questions, we design them so they can A. not be solved by a simple google and B. Can give anyone who is not from the city a fair chance at deciphering them.

This year we had over 150 participants and 24 winners, 17 of which won by literally seconds within each other. Only 8 were 2-time winners, 7 were non-Philadelphia residents, 16 were first time winners and none who were consistently in first place throughout the day. The best part of it all was the overwhelming response from guys who DID NOT win, who still thanked us for the experience. 

Next year we will do the same, hopefully in a new city and hopefully with a better and wider range of prizes.

Thank you to all the NT'ers who did participate and shoutout to 4Wrestling for hustling through the competition on a BIKE! 

O yea, we have NO INFO on the release of the "Red Octobers".

Just want to address some of the questions/comments on the #RefreshHunt.

The competition was originally designed to give all of our customers a fair chance at buying the sneaker (Yeezy 2) at retail, without having to enter some sort of random raffle where they have no control of their chances or without having to camp out for an extended period of time.

After great success in both Philadelphia and Chicago last year we decided to make this an annual event. A few months ago Nike offered us one random sized box of Yeezys and one random sized box of Corks to use as stock for the event. (Hence the random selection of sizes). 

As for the questions, we design them so they can A. not be solved by a simple google and B. Can give anyone who is not from the city a fair chance at deciphering them.

This year we had over 150 participants and 24 winners, 17 of which won by literally seconds within each other. Only 8 were 2-time winners, 7 were non-Philadelphia residents, 16 were first time winners and none who were consistently in first place throughout the day. The best part of it all was the overwhelming response from guys who DID NOT win, who still thanked us for the experience. 

Next year we will do the same, hopefully in a new city and hopefully with a better and wider range of prizes.

Thank you to all the NT'ers who did participate and shoutout to 4Wrestling for hustling through the competition on a BIKE! 

O yea, we have NO INFO on the release of the "Red Octobers".
IF they come out..it wont be till 2014. I dont have a connect, I dont have hook ups...I'm just friends with someone at Nike corp. To make a long story short, they're playing with Ye and his diva ways. They weren't too fond of his comments about their relationship.

Ok Villa, thanks for stopping by to clear some of that up.

You said something interesting. Nike sent the store pairs... It's nice to see you didn't have to somehow hold back stock from release date. It's nice to see Nike is in support...

My question for 4wrestling / villa is.... What is the production date on those Yeezys? I'm just wondering if Nike produced more pairs after the 10/2011 - 1/2012 production dates on my pairs.

Doesn't really change anything. Just curious

This guy @soleflick got scammed by @sneakerheadbay lmfaoo he thinks these are real RO's and when i called him out he deleted my comments and blocked me!

If I can score a pair of the red dons ill say F these.. I dont think ill make it past a few feet wearing these in the Bronx smh.. Still havent worn my plats/solars for that reason

If I can score a pair of the red dons ill say F these.. I dont think ill make it past a few feet wearing these in the Bronx smh.. Still havent worn my plats/solars for that reason

Get your concealed weapons license. Had some punk kids step up when I got my db5s till I told them how it was going to end for them (I'm in Dallas Texas btw)

Get your concealed weapons license. Had some punk kids step up when I got my db5s till I told them how it was going to end for them (I'm in Dallas Texas btw)
NYC is completely different in terms of concealed weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom