Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are already getting stabbed over these?! smh

I think I'll miss out on these cause I don't think I'm gonna be that guy that pays 1k for shoes.

Just not worth it.

@++% sucks for anyone that has to work.
its like we're forced to either pay $XXXX.00 or miss out on these shoes.

no, i don't feel a sense of entitlement. at all. i DO feel like we should ALL have a legitimate shot at obtaining a pair without dropping rent money or camping 5+ days.

and nike can do something about it.

i just want one pair of zen greys. thats it. nothing to resell. only to rock. like everybody else, its the only shoe i wanted since i knew it would drop in '12.
like a lot of other ppl, i'm sure i'll miss out.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by debs 168

no, i don't feel a sense of entitlement. at all. i DO feel like we should ALL have a legitimate shot at obtaining a pair without dropping rent money or camping 5+ days.

i just want one pair of zen greys. thats it. nothing to resell. only to rock. like everybody else, its the only shoe i wanted since i knew it would drop in '12.
eyes.gif
agreed!

Originally Posted by titanium intellect

Originally Posted by SdotC38109

Originally Posted by BlackedoutUnicorn

While personally I don't agree with how they are handling it. I will say I can't blame them. With the madness that is already going Down.

Yeah I dont agree it with that format. I think they should do a raffle.
They could sell the raffle tickets for a $3-$5/one for each person on designated /& donated the money to charity.
When people buy there raffle tickets have them put their first 4 digits of their license/ID and  name or some proof so tickets can be limited to one person. and if they try to buy more then 1 they are DQ from the drawings and their money from the first ticket want be refunded.
For his loyal customers give them 2-5 raffles tickets for no charge at all to higher their chances.
Have all the rules printed on a index card size paper and give it to them when they receive their ticket.
Meet up at the deginated time and have a nice size black trash bag to shake the tickets and good luck to those who particpated!

I really dont trust that hand picking stuff.... for all we know they could keep all the pairs for theirselves lol hand picking theirselves id say..thats why im so oppose to that format.mI think this could be the time were they could help out an organization, build  store awareness to new customers, and sale the shoes for what the intended price.

I think although honest this may be the most bogus way of offering up a pair of shoes that I've seen... every shop has what? 100 or so truly loyal customers? How do you narrow that down to the ones that are deserving? This is how it will go at most shops though... at least these guys are up front with it...

CORPORATE IS SHADY AS FUUUUUU..... AND NOT BECAUSE OF YEEZY'S. SHADY LONG BEFORE ALL THIS.

Originally Posted by DWalk31

Originally Posted by DublBagn

Originally Posted by mross16

Something definitely needs to be done

nothing can be done.  The price on the box is MSRP, Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price.... This shoe is an automatic sellout, its not like an odd AM95 colorway, these shops talk to each other to set prices for stuff like this.  And I dont think they are wrong for doing so, with all these resellers talking about charging $2k+ these stores would be stupid to not charge more than $245.  Its only smart business to charge as much money as people are willing to pay for an item.
I understand that "its not fair" or "I really want them to wear", well I want a ferrari to drive and I dont think they should be so expensive.  

Dude... by your logic, Nike is stupid to sell them at the price they do to shops...you do realize the shops arent paying $245 for them. And the Ferrari comparison makes 0 sense. If the MSRP for a new ferrari is 200k would you pay 10x the MSRP at a local dealer (that's 2 mill..no you'd probably negotiate for LESS than MSRP). The stuff being said in this thread is really absurd. By your logic resellers and shops could make the price whatever since they are an "instant sellout" why not 5-10k why stop at 3. You guys must realize they can only charge what the consumer is willing to pay. Sadly from the looks of this thread ppl are happy to pay whatever lol. 1600 "good deal" 
roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Nike IS stupid for not charging more...! why do you think all your jordan prices are going up? you think over 6 years jordans have become $40 more expensive to produce? nope, nike wants a bigger slice of the pie.  And to answer your question of "do I realize if shops arent paying $245 for these"? well since I have worked in the sneaker industry for a long time now I am going to hip you to something.  The stores "cost" of a nike shoe that retails for $245, would be around $132.50 since its a nike shoe.  But did you know the stores that get them are the stores that take all the extra BS from nike? the same store that ordered 10K in horrible almost unsellable AM90/AM95/AM1 colorways gets the equivalent to a little gold star on their account, the rep remembers when a store buys $50k in horrible air jordan fusions (that they will ultimately sell at a discount), thats why some stores get preferential treatment.  So whats wrong with the store realizing maximum profit from a desirable product?
and if the market allows for $5k or $10k then thats the price......and do me a favor and try and get a Ferrari for under MSRP, people pay thousands and thousands of dollars to be first on the list to buy a highly sought after Ferrari.  

Originally Posted by chestercopperpot

Originally Posted by debs 168

eyes.gif
agreed!

X2

had a dream i got a pair, but somebody stole them 
roll.gif

honestly though, i will not be surprised if people are stabbed/beat and their Yeezys are taken right of their foot... smh, be safe for those who are camping.

DublBagn wrote:

mross16 wrote:

nothing can be done.  The price on the box is MSRP, Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price.... This shoe is an automatic sellout, its not like an odd AM95 colorway, these shops talk to each other to set prices for stuff like this.  And I dont think they are wrong for doing so, with all these resellers talking about charging $2k+ these stores would be stupid to not charge more than $245.  Its only smart business to charge as much money as people are willing to pay for an item.

I understand that "its not fair" or "I really want them to wear", well I want a ferrari to drive and I dont think they should be so expensive.  

Dude... by your logic, Nike is stupid to sell them at the price they do to shops...you do realize the shops arent paying $245 for them. And the Ferrari comparison makes 0 sense. If the MSRP for a new ferrari is 200k would you pay 10x the MSRP at a local dealer (that's 2 mill..no you'd probably negotiate for LESS than MSRP). The stuff being said in this thread is really absurd. By your logic resellers and shops could make the price whatever since they are an "instant sellout" why not 5-10k why stop at 3. You guys must realize they can only charge what the consumer is willing to pay. Sadly from the looks of this thread ppl are happy to pay whatever lol. 1600 "good deal" 
roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif

^^^Very Well said.
I don't disagre with shops jacking up the price, cause the rent gotta get paid and if i can be done off of one shoe release, well thats just good business.
But the prices of $1500-3000 is a bit absurd. I know their is a middle ground, it's just sad that greed / economy is making it hard to find..

I know, people have been there since Saturday, but if they're holding a raffle, all of those people are SOL.

Originally Posted by KRISPACINLA

You dont have to have a pair, life goes on. You dont got a couple stacks for these, buy something within your budget
says the person selling pairs already these are in the budget at $245 which is too much to begin with looked down on folks because people arent comfortable making sure your living comfortable SMH

Originally Posted by jayzrdead

Originally Posted by KRISPACINLA

You dont have to have a pair, life goes on. You dont got a couple stacks for these, buy something within your budget
says the person selling pairs already these are in the budget at $245 which is too much to begin with looked down on folks because people arent comfortable making sure your living comfortable SMH
This is the key part of your comment.I will leave it at that.

Man this thread is getting ugly.. Shouts out to everyone who has been legit with the help...  We should really all be trying to help one another out..  These will be forgotten about Sunday June 10th, then it will be on to the next one..  We may as well look out for each other..  Props to the cats camping this week though...  They have bigger minerals than me

Originally Posted by CHICHAN

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

People charging house payments for a pair of shoes.
laugh.gif

This is comedy. Do you guys know what you can do with $1,000- $3,000???

Stuff like this makes buying New Balance and Reebok pumps a whole lot easier.

I feel like a lot of people don't.
Which is why im stepping dwn from nike and gunna cop more nbs. cant do it anymore, and i just moved into my new apartment so alot of my $ is going towards that now

I'll never understand why stores don't do raffles instead of week long campouts. It gives everyone who wants the shoes a fair shot and the store makes their money just the same (and maybe even more if they charge for raffle tickets).

Sneaker Villa in Philly did a raffle for the Titanium 23's and it worked out perfectly (even though I didn't get a pair).

Some of you need to realize business is business Nike is in the market of selling sneakers and making money that's it the consumer is the one that fuels the market. If a consumer decides I'm not going to pay $245 for a sneaker then the price drops and sits on the shelf. If the demand is high like in this case people will be willing to pay whatever the price because they have the funds and really want the item. For instance its like comic books that sell at auction for millions of dollars, we all know it probably took $.10 to make that comic book but people want it and have the funds which causes the high prices. You need to look in the mirror and blame yourself for all the times you were extra thirsty and beasted for a sneaker and paid even $1 above retail because in essence you are the one that truly caused this chaos in the sneaker game.

Man, I gave up my search trying to find a legit place to get these at. Prices are too ridiculous to put up with. Hoping these do drop at Niketown or at least NDC.

roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Nike IS stupid for not charging more...! why do you think all your jordan prices are going up? you think over 6 years jordans have become $40 more expensive to produce? nope, nike wants a bigger slice of the pie.  And to answer your question of "do I realize if shops arent paying $245 for these"? well since I have worked in the sneaker industry for a long time now I am going to hip you to something.  The stores "cost" of a nike shoe that retails for $245, would be around $132.50 since its a nike shoe.  But did you know the stores that get them are the stores that take all the extra BS from nike? the same store that ordered 10K in horrible almost unsellable AM90/AM95/AM1 colorways gets the equivalent to a little gold star on their account, the rep remembers when a store buys $50k in horrible air jordan fusions (that they will ultimately sell at a discount), thats why some stores get preferential treatment.  So whats wrong with the store realizing maximum profit from a desirable product?
and if the market allows for $5k or $10k then thats the price......and do me a favor and try and get a Ferrari for under MSRP, people pay thousands and thousands of dollars to be first on the list to buy a highly sought after Ferrari.  
Not that I like going back and forth, but Im bored... The store's cost of the shoe is maybe around 132...nike's cost is maybe 30 or less...You believe that the stores are ok to sell for 1500? and then resellers for more?
indifferent.gif
 When you say "if the market allows"... you do realize that means if us as consumers are willing to pay the outrageous prices which again means that the buyers have the power. In fact the stores taking a L on shoes all year shows that the buyers have the overall say. I've been collecting for a while, before all of this hype surrounded every semi interesting release. Stores did not sink, they found ways to be profitable without charging 6x retail. Clearly the shops and ppl like KRISPACINLA have you exactly where they want to. Not only are you ok with it, but you feel for them
laugh.gif
. But to each his own...BTW you can get a ferrari for under MSRP all day every day...ppl definitely arent paying 6x MSRP before they release, but again whatever. To each is own, hope you get em!!! 

roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Limited Ferraris (Enzo, FFX etc...) do go for well over MRSP.  So do new car releases that everyone wants (GT-R, BRZ, ZL1, NSX), cars that will be in regular production, but to have one of the first you need to pay a premium.  If there is a demand that outnumbers that supply, paying over MRSP is your only shot.  These are limited and people with cash are ponying up... The comparisson makes perfect sense and those who disagree just don't have the cash to play.  Crying about the shoe game gets you nothing, $1500 gets you yezzys, make your choice.

I for one will cry, $1500 on shoes is outta my budget.  Reatil or bust

Originally Posted by hozer

roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Limited Ferraris (Enzo, FFX etc...) do go for well over MRSP.  So do new car releases that everyone wants (GT-R, BRZ, ZL1, NSX), cars that will be in regular production, but to have one of the first you need to pay a premium.  If there is a demand that outnumbers that supply, paying over MRSP is your only shot.  These are limited and people with cash are ponying up... The comparisson makes perfect sense and those who disagree don't have the cash to play.  Crying about the shoe game gets you nothing, $1500 gets you yezzys, make your choice.

Actually guys, I hate to break it to you, but it's not necessarily "1500 gets you yeezys."  If enough people decide "eh, I'll wait till they get to 1000" then it's "1000 gets you yeezys."  If people say "eh, 245 is too much for a shoe not hand crafted in Italy or a 1 of 1 PE" then the price will plummet to under 245.  Eventually what will probably happen with these and every other crazy hyped release from the last few years is most people that aren't in this for the long haul will be gone and prices will plummet.  So yes, on 6/9/2012 1500 may get you yeezys, but on 6/9/2014 I'll probably just get them for 500 or less.
Also to the people comparing this markup to being the first to get a ferrari.  The people that are the first to get a ferrari literally have more money than any remotely rational person could spend in a lifetime.  People paying 1500 for yeezy's are probably middle class and below and have much better things to spend money on.

Grats to all those that manage to get these and genuinely want to rock the shoe.  Be safe everybody.

roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Limited Ferraris (Enzo, FFX etc...) do go for well over MRSP.  So do new car releases that everyone wants (GT-R, BRZ, ZL1, NSX), cars that will be in regular production, but to have one of the first you need to pay a premium.  If there is a demand that outnumbers that supply, paying over MRSP is your only shot.  These are limited and people with cash are ponying up... The comparisson makes perfect sense and those who disagree just don't have the cash to play.  Crying about the shoe game gets you nothing, $1500 gets you yezzys, make your choice.

I for one will cry, $1500 on shoes is outta my budget.  Reatil or bust
Limited edition cars go for over retail all the time. Also to even buy a ferrari at MSRP you usually need to have purchased them before or they will have extra costs involved for buyers. 

Originally Posted by bucknuteagle

roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Limited Ferraris (Enzo, FFX etc...) do go for well over MRSP.  So do new car releases that everyone wants (GT-R, BRZ, ZL1, NSX), cars that will be in regular production, but to have one of the first you need to pay a premium.  If there is a demand that outnumbers that supply, paying over MRSP is your only shot.  These are limited and people with cash are ponying up... The comparisson makes perfect sense and those who disagree don't have the cash to play.  Crying about the shoe game gets you nothing, $1500 gets you yezzys, make your choice.

Actually guys, I hate to break it to you, but it's not necessarily "1500 gets you yeezys."  If enough people decide "eh, I'll wait till they get to 1000" then it's "1000 gets you yeezys."  If people say "eh, 245 is too much for a shoe not hand crafted in Italy or a 1 of 1 PE" then the price will plummet to under 245.  Eventually what will probably happen with these and every other crazy hyped release from the last few years is most people that aren't in this for the long haul will be gone and prices will plummet.  So yes, on 6/9/2012 1500 may get you yeezys, but on 6/9/2014 I'll probably just get them for 4500 or less.
FIXED. Reference.........YEEZY 1
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom