Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
those are color names and are most often found in the color block on the label. and yours are NOT facts, it is a twitter post. my question was what would be the REASONING for labeling over a half a dozen shoes so far with a creative rendering of the term "energy"? its obviously not because they all glow as i pointed out. is it the chinese "year of energy"? nope, not last time i checked. my point is it would have NO meaning to label them that. NRG MARKETING is a reason. let me ask you this: what does DB, QS, PE, SB, ASG mean? these were labels used in the past, so what do they stand for? my point is they all have a REAL meaning.

Ok man.. whatever you say guys...  I guess Nike is wrong then..  You guys, who have nothing to do with Nike, know more about the products they manufacture..  I dig it... 

Question though...  Have any of you actually looked through NRG's website?  Check their twitter...  Check their Facebook..  Check their Flickr.... They had nothing to do with these kicks.  They do NOTHING but provide marketing space, employees, and services to ASSIST other companies.

Directly from their Facebook...
They provide:
Mobile Tours
Brand Installations
Pop Up Retail
Field Marketing Support
Sponsorship Activation
Event Production

People just made a connection that was never there about NRG.  It is really just coincidence in the names fambs...  But I see I'm not getting through, so carry on brosefs

NRG does stand for something verysteri otypical... Energy lol

your still not understanding...WHY WOULD THEY LABEL THEM ENERGY?!?!?!? ENERGY, in this case has NO cohesion or reasoning whatsoever across the board for the models that it has been used on so far. what is the direct correlation between "energy" and the shoes. NOT "NRG" and energy. get it?

BRO... You are thinking too deep in to it..  NRG is Energy that is all bro.. What is there not to understand?  There isn't some mystic reasoning behind it..  It is what it is..  They didn't pray over a cauldron to the sneaker Gods to bestow a powerful name to the kicks..  The only correlation between all of the kicks so far is that they all have a "glow in the dark" or "glow" element to them..  Seriously, are you arguing just for the sake of arguing now?  Maybe, just maybe NRG means "hey look, our shoes glow... YAY!!!" Dadgummit man!  
laugh.gif

Can you two continue this useless conversation through PM?

It had nothing to do with the YEEZY 2, you guys have already cluttered half a page as is.

Standing in line for these is a death wish... Ill be posted on NT with my 4 bills. Lol.

i thought it was all tongue and cheek, but people are getting all serious about this glow and NRG stuff. for the record, i have a pair of the flyknit trainers. it does not have "glow" on the box, but it does have NRG.
i dont really understand the point of this in the yeezy thread though.

Wasn't trying to argue wih fam, just posting what Nike said nrg meant.. Wasnt tryin to start a debate over something non debatable. But whatever, guess that's why people rarely drop info on NT anymore like they used to.. NT used to be the main source for info. My apologies

Originally Posted by FeedTheEgo1982

The only correlation between all of the kicks so far is that they all have a "glow in the dark" or "glow" element to them..

actually, u are wrong. as has already been stated, the orlando flight ones had "NRG" on the box label and they don't glow.

this is just a guess, but it seems that the all star shoes, for example, and the yeezy 2s, are what is now being referred to as an "energy" (NRG) release. these energy releases appear to be very high profile (see: ridiculous amounts of hype has been created with "creative" (for lack of a better term) marketing strategies. who is behind these marketing strategies? the marketing firm known as NRG.

Originally Posted by Rod301

Standing in line for these is a death wish... Ill be posted on NT with my 4 bills. Lol.
4 wouldn't be bad.. i expect 5 and up.. hopefully not cuz i'll be posted up with u haha

Originally Posted by dmenshunzz

4 wouldn't be bad.. i expect 5 and up.. hopefully not cuz i'll be posted up with u haha
If I could wind up only paying 500-600 each...i clearly won.
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

Originally Posted by FeedTheEgo1982

The only correlation between all of the kicks so far is that they all have a "glow in the dark" or "glow" element to them..

actually, u are wrong. as has already been stated, the orlando flight ones had "NRG" on the box label and they don't glow.

this is just a guess, but it seems that the all star shoes, for example, and the yeezy 2s, are what is now being referred to as an "energy" (NRG) release. these energy releases appear to be very high profile (see: ridiculous amounts of hype has been created with "creative" (for lack of a better term) marketing strategies. who is behind these marketing strategies? the marketing firm known as NRG.
THIS was one of my main points.  plus the other models(flyknits) that were already mentioned that have no glowing parts but are still labeled NRG.
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

laugh.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]as much as people hate to admit it, this is the truth.  i know if i get mine anywhere around 5 bills that i will consider that a win.  plan for more, hope for less...[/font]

Originally Posted by MJ All Day45

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

laugh.gif

u right... spending a night of bottle service on a shoe... only to sit at home not getting bottle service that night.. #notwinning
roll.gif

I see no RD is making dudes antsy in here. Energy NRG whatever who cares. BRING ON DA SHOES!!

Originally Posted by MJ All Day45

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

laugh.gif

u right... spending a night of bottle service on a shoe... only to sit at home not getting bottle service that night.. #notwinning
roll.gif

There is where your wrong...you are going to the club to impress skizoids...to HOPEFULLY get some action.
3ab363881f49938a63ec3d2dfc7dcf1e86605782_r.gif

I go home to my wife...with Yeezy and bills paid and sip 20 dollar wine and do get guaranteed action....

e5f1601a9e6133f0ca552ede1ff0583adef5d63c_r.gif

Who's winning there?

dee1601a9b623bfdcdf579dd17fe642690f0a6ea_r.gif

^^ Smh @ The last GIF madd Gae. Guaranteed *%% is win tho cnt lie

But now with A Bottle of Ace of Spades thts deff. more points on the board

NRG sounds like energy, which is why people who do no research label them as "Energy."

NRG is a marketing company who helps Nike hype up and sell their shoes. simple as that.

I don't care what NRG means, and I don't think 4/5 of the people browsing this thread do either.
However, I do care about getting some info on these shoes!
Hopefully NRG means "General Release" or widely availability for retail but limited like the pre-heats.
Who has info? And I mean legit info? If you do post it.
If you don't. Don't. But don't waste my time or anyone else's Posting about anything other than the shoe.
Because that's why we're in the thread (but keep them gif's coming because they are hilarious-especially the dancing one's).
(Tim Tebow voice) thank you and God Bless.

/endrant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom