Official Nike Air Yeezy II "Red" Thread NO BOT TALK--NO FAKE/GM TALK-NO BUY/SELL/TRADE TALK-- Ye to

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just typed so much and then purposely deleted it :x I always do that because I really need to remain objective here.

I could go on and on trying to make a point but all I really want to say is neither Nike nor Kanye wins if this deal falls apart.

However, I believe Nike is hurt more by the deal going sour than Kanye West is.

That has nothing to do with the fact that I am a fan of Kanye's... Because I am also a fan of Nike's. I think a lot of people could see my angle in making that above statement (or at least I hope).

Not mad at Kanye, gotta do what you gotta do.

But still...addidas :smh: :smh: :smh: [emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji]

Nike doesn't want what kanye has to offer. it is what it is. Nike certainly won't be hurt by it tho, all of you gonna keep buying Jordan's and lebrons like you been doing

What is Kanye talking about? Seriously. All u heard was "Balenciaga sneakers" and "diminishing returns".

It's a layered answer. But anything with Kanye's name attached to it will sell (i.e. George Condo scarfs, Cruel Summer inspired Guiseppe Zanottis, APC x Kanye $300 plain hoodies.. Etc)

Nike may not profit much directly from Yeezys but they are considered to be the nicest sneakers designed by many collectors. Yeezy are used to generate hype for Nike. Hype helps sell much cheaper quality / wider released products. There is truly only one rapper capable of doing what Kanye has done. That's partly do to his desire to work in the fashion industry, partly due to consistently putting out the best hip hop music year after year, partly as a result of gaining the reputation of a perfectionist, partly his reputation, etc etc.

He's not an athlete telling Nike what feels comfortable to them in a sneaker or telling nike their favorite snack so Nike can release their signature shoe to resemble that snack ( a la Lebron / watermelon, KD / pbj)

He is a designer who is hands on. He chooses material, he decides on cut, he picks colors. If I could use this without getting ripped on.... He does what Tinker did behind the scenes and then does what MJ did on the court.

That's a very quick answer though to a very complex topic

My friend just got back to me. 15 minute rant. He ripped on a lot of people. Not just Nike/ Mark Parker.

Nike can do quite well without Kanye.

laugh.gif
They act like the artist series never existed, which was >Yeezys.

Nike can sit down with any artist and have them design a shoe at any point, hype it and bank.

Pharrels, Espos, even the Halle Berry Rifts were sick.

It's a layered answer. But anything with Kanye's name attached to it will sell (i.e. George Condo scarfs, Cruel Summer inspired Guiseppe Zanottis, APC x Kanye $300 plain hoodies.. Etc)

Nike may not profit much directly from Yeezys but they are considered to be the nicest sneakers designed by many collectors. Yeezy are used to generate hype for Nike. Hype helps sell much cheaper quality / wider released products. There is truly only one rapper capable of doing what Kanye has done. That's partly do to his desire to work in the fashion industry, partly due to consistently putting out the best hip hop music year after year, partly as a result of gaining the reputation of a perfectionist, partly his reputation, etc etc.

He's not an athlete telling Nike what feels comfortable to them in a sneaker or telling nike their favorite snack so Nike can release their signature shoe to resemble that snack ( a la Lebron / watermelon, KD / pbj)

He is a designer who is hands on. He chooses material, he decides on cut, he picks colors. If I could use this without getting ripped on.... He does what Tinker did behind the scenes and then does what MJ did on the court.

That's a very quick answer though to a very complex topic

it's all reputation. he built his up by consistently putting out quality product, same thing Ronnie Fieg did

He signed on November 11th.

He will bring adidas the cool factor that MJ brought Nike.

Obviously he will never level the playing field financially, but it will do a ton to bolster adidas as a valid competitor.

Nike really botched this, because his line, both clothing and sneakers is going to be a huge success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom