Official Nike Air Yeezy II "Red" Thread NO BOT TALK--NO FAKE/GM TALK-NO BUY/SELL/TRADE TALK-- Ye to

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh yeah off topic, saw SuNiversal make a cameo on an episode of Total Divas(yeah I watch that :wow:) getting his picture taken with a WWE diva wearing a Kobe shirt :smokin :lol:

That show is pretty good...catches my attention lol :nerd:

Bit of an update.. I reached out to his camp to talk and they told me I shouldn’t wear my Yeezys anymore and they are sending me something shortly.

Nike can still release them and he has no control over that.

If all he wants is royalties our deal could be possible in the near future at first it was a pretty long list. I will keep you guys posted.

I would be happy to take them off your hands. You know, so you won't be tempted to wear them.

They should at least donate them to less fortunate people in third world countries, not destroy them. I doubt they'll go down that route though.

Last edited:
Nike didnt even return calls or answer basic questions. Adidas said they will give him the key to the castle.
What type of basic questions are we talking about here?   I believe Kanye wanted to be involved in every aspect of the business (Logistics, Design, etc) which is a "no no" for an endorsing athlete/celebrity.   Nike not following up on Kanye's inquiries was wrong from an ethical perspective but something should have triggered that type of behavior.  Trying to reach out to the CEO of a billion dollar company to discuss a negligible part of the business is beyond ridiculous.   

Last edited:
I thought people really like the yeezy's because of the design, and with it being nike... people really like kanye enough to hype his shoe no matter the brand?  who cares until you see it.

Last edited:
Y-3 is going to do him justice.  The Qasa hi's are on the same level as the Yeezy's of course IMO.  

Ok here's the deal, no one can come forward and say the release date. But people know FOR SURE they're being scrapped?

Did these guys call up Mark themselves? Apparently so, they just forgot to call him for the last 6 months and ask him the release .date.

I thought people really like the yeezy's because of the design, and with it being nike... people really like kanye enough to hype his shoe no matter the brand?  who cares until you see it.

You can not like Kanyes music, own every Yeezy, rave about how good the leather smells, talk about how the only other Nike with leather this good is the Supreme Blazers (surprise surpise Kanye wore these too), copy every clothing trend Kanye does and say you've been doing it before him, and even dress up as him on Halloween.

^You can do all of this and still tell yourself you only like the shoe for the design...not because of Kanye. Oh, and you still don't like his music, just his fashion sense and what he did with Nike.

The worst stan is a stan in denial...

I gotta respect him on his decision especially after I saw this quote me being a father:

"So the old me, without a daughter, would have taken the Nike deal because I just love Nikes so much. But the new me, with a daughter, takes the adidas deal because I have royalties and I have to provide for my family."

"Nike said, 'We can't give you a royalty because you're not a professional athlete," Kanye said. "I told them I go to the arena and play one-on-none every night.

these 2 quotes tho :pimp:

Nike needs to flood the market with Yeezy 1 and 2s. Rub it in Kanye's face. "No royalties for you brah" :smokin

Or worst, give Gentry complete creative control of the Yeezy.

:lol:

ill allow it :lol:

Imagine if Nike drops the Red Octobers the same day as Kanye's new Adidas shoe. :rofl:

The adidas deal is very unique. I'm assuming it will be closer to what Jeremy Scott has going on since Kanye has pushed for a full collection rather than just shoes.

If adidas had people excited about Teyana Taylor's and A$AP's shoe, these will be nothing less than a hit.

also had ppl mad they couldnt get the big sean red joints.... i remember seeing a lonnnnnng line at the adi store for the TT's

I legit hope they don't release. I would LOVE it if they completely scrapped the entire RO release and it never saw the light of day.

Sure I would like a pair, but I would get more satisfaction from seeing It break all the little hypebeast hearts out there, the ultimate troll.

The Yeezy 2 represents everything that is wrong with the sneaker game today. It pretty much marked the end of casual collecting. It turned sneakers from a hobby to a bot infested, reselling, week long camp out and ******ed bubble investment - and Yeezus forbid one day the bubble pops then all of our "expensive" collections will just be used sneakers worth a fraction of what we payed. I would love to see all these overnight "sneakerheads" lose interest as fast as they gained it. They don't love sneakers, they love the hype. People paying $300+ for a GR Jordan? 5 years ago the same shoe would hit outlet shelves on sale, ******ed.

End rant....
Bro...let me get you a violin, and some tissue. Dont worry im sure theres a lot more threads on here that will love to hear your sad rant, but us "hypebeast" would love if u go to a old head forum, dont worry i didnt forget about your violin and tissues ill bring that over to you. :\

Bit of an update.. I reached out to his camp to talk and they told me I shouldn’t wear my Yeezys anymore and they are sending me something shortly.

Nike can still release them and he has no control over that.

If all he wants is royalties our deal could be possible in the near future at first it was a pretty long list. I will keep you guys posted.

Nike didnt even return calls or answer basic questions. Adidas said they will give him the key to the castle.

well damn

What type of basic questions are we talking about here?   I believe Kanye wanted to be involved in every aspect of the business (Logistics, Design, etc) which is a "no no" for an endorsing athlete/celebrity.   Nike not following up on Kanye's inquiries was wrong from an ethical perspective but something should have triggered that type of behavior.  Trying to reach out to the CEO of a billion dollar company to discuss a negligible part of the business is beyond ridiculous.   
But what is so wrong with reaching out to the CEO? I think he has every right. No celebrity or athlete brought anything close to the yeezy 2 to nike. 

Its funny but if Kanye said to boycott Nike over Yeezys it would be the first time i wanted his product since college drop out.

I dont mind the yeezy shoes but his attachment to them  make me not even think about it.

Much like my hatred of the bulls had me not wearing jordans for many years.

No celebrity or athlete brought anything close to the yeezy 2 to nike. 

stop posting kid

Dumbest thing I've ever read on NT.
But what is so wrong with reaching out to the CEO? I think he has every right. No celebrity or athlete brought anything close to the yeezy 2 to nike. 
I was going to say the same thing but figured someone else would beat me to it and look at that haha. Let's just forget Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, Bo Jackson, Deion Sanders, and Andre Agassi and that's to just list a few. Since now people think Yeezy jumped over everyone.

Last edited:
LOL yeah, cause jordan, lebron, kobe, all the athletes nike ever had designs all there sneakers ok. When they are there drawing there own shoe then you can say something. The yeezy was drawn by kanye, not by tinker, or parker. So tell me who has brought that to nike?

I legit hope they don't release. I would LOVE it if they completely scrapped the entire RO release and it never saw the light of day.

Sure I would like a pair, but I would get more satisfaction from seeing It break all the little hypebeast hearts out there, the ultimate troll.

The Yeezy 2 represents everything that is wrong with the sneaker game today. It pretty much marked the end of casual collecting. It turned sneakers from a hobby to a bot infested, reselling, week long camp out and ******ed bubble investment - and Yeezus forbid one day the bubble pops then all of our "expensive" collections will just be used sneakers worth a fraction of what we payed. I would love to see all these overnight "sneakerheads" lose interest as fast as they gained it. They don't love sneakers, they love the hype. People paying $300+ for a GR Jordan? 5 years ago the same shoe would hit outlet shelves on sale, ******ed.

End rant....

ditto

But what is so wrong with reaching out to the CEO? I think he has every right. No celebrity or athlete brought anything close to the yeezy 2 to nike. 
#1 The CEO does not get involve in those type of negotiations to sign Rappers or Athletes.  CEO's make top level strategic decision that directly affect the financial status of the company.  

#2 How much money do you believe Nike made of the Yeezy's?   Kanye does not bring the same cash MJ, Lebron nor Kobe generate in sales.   I'm pretty sure there are other decision makers interacting with those athletes and not necessarily the CEO.

You can not like Kanyes music, own every Yeezy, rave about how good the leather smells, talk about how the only other Nike with leather this good is the Supreme Blazers (surprise surpise Kanye wore these too), copy every clothing trend Kanye does and say you've been doing it before him, and even dress up as him on Halloween.

^You can do all of this and still tell yourself you only like the shoe for the design...not because of Kanye. Oh, and you still don't like his music, just his fashion sense and what he did with Nike.

The worst stan is a stan in denial...

Shots at proto :nerd:

I think you all are missing the mark. The argument isn't that Kanye and the Yeezy line made this amounts of money similar to the likes of Jordan or Tiger. I think from Kanye's point is that he feels he, whether true or not, if given the full opportunity to do it by Nike, COULD do that.

It all comes down to worth. Kanye thinks he is worth more than what Nike values him as. Adidas apparently agreed with Kanye and compensated him as such. Once you strip down all if the raw emotion of the situation( lack of conversation w/ Nike, them not discussing the RO w/ Kanye, etc...) this is nothing different than any other business relationship that breaks down. Just another example of you think you are worth more than we believe you to be. So he went and convinced someone else of his worth. Both parties stood their grounds; and got what they wanted. Just seems like us Nike Yeezy fans will suffer in the interim.

It's really not that hard to have a conversation with the CEO of a company... Even if you haven't signed a personal deal with them. The CEO of a billion dollar company is not some Billionaire. It's just an employee with a salary. Not saying Kanye is completely in the right because I don't know the full backstory, but him reaching out to the CEO is not some astronomical request. Especially if he has a shoe deal with them. Regardless of whether or not Kanye made them 1 million or 100 million it's common courtesy. If he was so worthless why sign him in the first place? Clearly he brought something to the table. I'm interested to see what's next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom