Official Nike Air Yeezy II "Red" Thread NO BOT TALK--NO FAKE/GM TALK-NO BUY/SELL/TRADE TALK-- Ye to

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going on the instant am 90 sell out due to Ye. that is a straight exaggeration.

if that was true all 3 colors would sold out cuz he wore all 3. they sold out cuz they were red. kanye brought attention to them yes sure

you don't have to go on it, it's the truth.

i watched it happen.

for days there was FSR's on sites like finishline, etc... soon as the pix surfaced, they disappeared within a day.

the other colors sold out too, but not as quick, cuz they were more loud, Ye wore the reds more, and they resembled the red octobers, which he was already seen wearing b4.

This pic right here made prices jump from $200 to $350+, so I totally get what you are saying
View media item 653270

I do agree that Kanye has an influence on what sells. But to support Mart Da God's point, air flight 89s that Kanye wore didnt sell out nor was there a price hike.

kanye has worn plenty of kicks that sat on the shelf b

and he's also worn plenty of shoes that influenced people to buy them more.

i never said every shoe he wears gets beasted on.

but i literally watched it happen with those reds, and freely admit, it's also cuz of the loud color, and resemblance to the most hyped shoe this year, the red october yeezy 2.

I do agree that Kanye has an influence on what sells. But to support Mart Da God's point, air flight 89s that Kanye wore didnt sell out nor was there a price hike.
Im sure if kanye wore acg boots they wouldnt sell out either. You can go any sneaker spot they will have some type of flight 89

i feel like the first time ive ever seen anyone camp for anything was a nintendo wii. that was 2006.

then the iphone in 2007.

sneaker wise...the titanium 23s. that made the news. the first time ive ever seen, and ive been around here since the 16s dropped.

DJ Proto is right in the sense s it got ridiculous with the 1st Yeezy.

but you can thank the titaniums for the emergence of reselling.

imagine the state of camping came to what it is/was due to a Wii...

Last edited:

I'm not even saying kanye doesn't bring attention to things, same way kardashians use their bodies to sell target clothes. but he doesn't influence people to buy things, dudes acting like people would buy piss if it was kanye affiliated

I'm not even saying kanye doesn't bring attention to things, same way kardashians use their bodies to sell target clothes. but he doesn't influence people to buy things, dudes acting like people would buy piss if it was kanye affiliated
im not even kidding i could def find some people who would buy a cup of piss if it was stamped and limited with Kanye affiliation.

Pretty sure they would. lol :tongue:

This pic right here made prices jump from $200 to $350+, so I totally get what you are saying
View media item 653270

yeah, great example.

he's made resell values go up on a few shoes.

also, the infrared 6's... you can't deny he helped sell that shoe, and upped the resell value... it woulda sold out anyways, cuz it's a OG colorway and classic, but all those kanye clones in europe who had never even bought a pair of jordans b4 started wearing those cuz of Ye...

of course the NT logic turns it into "every shoe he wears", but i was never saying every single shoe he wears gets beasted on, there has to be other factors that help, but his influence is stronger than any other rapper or celebrity in the game. that's what makes it in nike's interest to mess with him...

the original Y1's didn't make a lot of profit for nike, if i recall correctly a big chunk of the profit went to kanye's charity set up in his mom's name...

nor did the Y2's, cuz any shoe they only produce 5K or less of, there isn't a lot of profit to be made.

the profit is in the hype and headlines it creates. it's the only reason nike has done this project with kanye west, period.

Last edited:
nerd.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom