* Official Nike Air Zoom Generation * Lebrons first Retro - DATE TBA

How can a shoe called the "Air zoom generation" not have zoom air??

Apparently Nike stripped the forefoot Zoom Air from the recent AJ XV retro too and still marketed it as having both Forefoot & Heel Zoom. They were called out for this and they updated their technical specs on the retro. There is a massive disconnect between Nike 'Lifestyle' marketing and their factory counterparts. They are just taking the original technical specs and slapping them on gutted retros. :smh:

If this shoe has no Zoom Air in it, those of you with pairs could technically ask for some kind of reimbursement due to misrepresentation as the shoe is named 'Air Zoom Generation'.

Last edited:
Tried to wear my air zooms from 03..the all stars but I saw the sole was about to seperate. I'm sad I need this shoe again...

Apparently Nike stripped the forefoot Zoom Air from the recent AJ XV retro too and still marketed it as having both Forefoot & Heel Zoom. They were called out for this and they updated their technical specs on the retro. There is a massive disconnect between Nike 'Lifestyle' marketing and their factory counterparts. They are just taking the original technical specs and slapping them on gutted retros.
mean.gif

If this shoe has no Zoom Air in it, those of you with pairs could technically ask for some kind of reimbursement due to misrepresentation as the shoe is named 'Air Zoom Generation'.
need answers. might have to start looking for good condition originals if these retros arent legit

When this shoe 1st came out they was available EVERYWHERE...but then you retro it and make it a SUPER LIMITED QS...**** it aint even this hard to get jordans...NIKE tripping ...smh

When this shoe 1st came out they was available EVERYWHERE...but then you retro it and make it a SUPER LIMITED QS...**** it aint even this hard to get jordans...NIKE tripping ...smh

Yes it was before LeBron's numerous All star appearances, before his championships, before his 27,000+ points scored. Should I go on.

I hate to say this again but I hope it helps guys out.. I bought an OG pair (11.5) FGs with box, lebron card, heel plastic still on for 350 shipped. Granted care was taken over the years to prevent the glue from separating, but there is no way I pay that much for a Retro when there are wearable OGs out there for the taking. Look around and buy some legitimate history!

Yea my OGs are separating at the toe, but nothing a little glue cant fix. Looking foward to the retro+ colorways, I'm sure those will be limited also...

Tried to wear my air zooms from 03..the all stars but I saw the sole was about to seperate. I'm sad I need this shoe again...

This is why i wouldnt pay much for OGs. Def not 350. Not half of that. They're 14 years old. Id rather pay more for a fresh pair of retros. With that said if the retros got their tech pulled (zoom) i wouldnt pay for that either :smh:

And just to clarify, i wouldnt pay much more than retail for the retros, zoom or not

Last edited:
Yes it was before LeBron's numerous All star appearances, before his championships, before his 27,000+ points scored. Should I go on.
What that mean bruh? its a RETRO....make that **** readily available like they do Jordan's.... Jordan has ALL THAT and more...and his **** aint SUPER LIMITED QS ... aint no way you start off retro-ing the LBJ line like this....

I assume you're talking about all colorways except the "First Game" colorway. Those were not widely available at all.

I assume you're talking about all colorways except the "First Game" colorway. Those were not widely available at all.
Yea all colorways...but specifically how they released a RETRO LBJ shoe...to start off ... appreciate the correction tho

What that mean bruh? its a RETRO....make that **** readily available like they do Jordan's.... Jordan has ALL THAT and more...and his **** aint SUPER LIMITED QS ... aint no way you start off retro-ing the LBJ line like this....

Sorry but you misunderstood my post.

Like you, I'm also upset with Nike about how this release went down.

My reply was about the reason why these were available everywhere in 2003 as you noted with exception of First Games.
Back then LeBron didn't have the hype he has today, that's all I was saying.

Last edited:
What's everyone opinion about Nike possibly doing a larger release of the First Games or are the releases finished?

What's everyone opinion about Nike possibly doing a larger release of the First Games or are the releases finished?

First Games prob done. Releases of other cws not.

Personally I'd love it if they did first games again. I like a sneaker based on the sneaker. I don't care if it's limited or not. So, I'm always for everyone who wants a shoe to be able to eat.

Sorry but you misunderstood my post.

Like you, I'm also upset with Nike about how this release went down.

My reply was about the reason why these were available everywhere in 2003 as you noted with exception of First Games.
Back then LeBron didn't have the hype he has today, that's all I was saying.
Oh my bad.....I definitely agree ....its funny ...we the consumer been asking for NIKE to retro the LBJ line...but then when they do they make it damn near impossible to get...go figure...

Oh my bad.....I definitely agree ....its funny ...we the consumer been asking for NIKE to retro the LBJ line...but then when they do they make it damn near impossible to get...go figure...

I agree 100%

I mentioned it before in another post that some of the best marketing Nike could have done was to get this shoe on people's feet. Since not too many are wearing the OG's anymore not a lot of the younger guys have actually seen this shoe in person.

I think it was a big mistake not to have the first release available to most. Some say it builds interest but on the other hand it also builds anger which most of us feel reading this thread.

Stepping off the soapbox...

Last edited:
Time to sell my og sz 12 for top dollar before people realize this '500 pair' thing is a huge joke and they're everywhere for $30 over retail...

still no email from xhibition on the raffle...I'm just gonna probably say it's an L at this point, but they didn't give any time frame other than thursday lol...and haven't seen or heard anyone else winning as of yet...

still no email from xhibition on the raffle...I'm just gonna probably say it's an L at this point, but they didn't give any time frame other than thursday lol...and haven't seen or heard anyone else winning as of yet...

I'm waiting on notification from Xhibition too. They close soon so something has to shake.

I'm waiting on notification from Xhibition too. They close soon so something has to shake.

i hit on the raffle...received the email around 130ish and already got shipping confirmation...i was skeptical until i just got the shipping email from them with tracking...good luck to the rest of you that entered there...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom