OFFICIAL: Nike Flight One Holiday 2012 (New Holiday 2012 colors on the way)

Originally Posted by BinYe

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Nice!  I remember coppin' these and the cassette single of "I Got 5 on It" by the Luniz on a trip to the mall. 
laugh.gif

Won't pay retail for them though--see you at the outlets.  

Swag postage right there. LOL!

Good times man.

Btw, how much were these back in 95? I just remember momma gettin' laid off so it was no new kicks until the
following school year.

Humbolt beginnings, famb.

Damb.
GREAT times.  Wish I could take it back to the summer of '95, sans the being a broke senior in h.s. (grandpa by NT standards).  All I did was hoop, smash, work a little, hoop some more and kick it with the homies.  
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Not sure on the price.  These were one of the two pairs of basketball kicks moms would buy me each year--a pair for summer hoops and the new J's when they used to drop in November.  The rest were on me with whatever loot I could scrape up.  

Originally Posted by never wear them

Famous Footwear
laugh.gif
wow. Can't forget that store nor Shoe City. heck, even Big 5 used to sell dope stuff.

smokin.gif
 Famous Footwear used to carry what we would consider some heat today man.
I remember wearing these and kids would talk down me back than, like "Amer - your shoe still doesnt have a air bubble" and than they would all point and laugh.

Apparently, air bubbles were a big deal in the 90's..
tired.gif
..........finally got my air bubble Penny 1's the next year 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

My first Penny shoes as a kid.
I was getting hated on in elementary school cause I swagged so hard in these. Famous footwear, $29.99 
laugh.gif
 I'll never forget..

This was the same for me had the white and blue joints. But people thought i was weird cuz they weren't a pair of jay's

I never was attracted to these until those Sole Collector pics. WHOA. Need these. Penny was my favorite player back then. Can't get over how great these look. I'm kinda glad this thread isn't huge. Hopefully they'll be easy to get.

Home and Black pairs will be had.  Trying to go 3 pairs each color. 

The unofficial air Jordan !!!

eek.gif
pimp.gif
I can't believe what I'm seeing! Nike is going all out next year. These bring back so many memories. Hope they release the black/grey pair. I might be done after 2012. All I need to hear now is that the Air Missions are dropping next year..........

Famous Footwear
laugh.gif
wow. Can't forget that store nor Shoe City. heck, even Big 5 used to sell dope stuff.

NWT..... around these parts.. Shoe City IS the place to shop now cuz they get many of the limited releases... my how thanks have changed eh?

every single shoe i have personally asked nike to reatro on this thread has been retroed. made a please retro these post almost a year ago
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Famous Footwear
laugh.gif

smokin.gif
 Famous Footwear used to carry what we would consider some heat today man.
I remember wearing these and kids would talk down me back than, like "Amer - your shoe still doesnt have a air bubble" and than they would all point and laugh.

Apparently, air bubbles were a big deal in the 90's..
tired.gif
..........finally got my air bubble Penny 1's the next year 
laugh.gif

Yeup! Air max was the way to go, back then. It was the "rich" way to go. British Knights were poppin tho 'round my way. Haha

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

Famous Footwear
laugh.gif

NWT..... around these parts.. Shoe City IS the place to shop now cuz they get many of the limited releases... my how thanks have changed eh?

Yeah, only 2 Shoe City(s) in Los Angeles.

Originally Posted by sckid20

every single shoe i have personally asked nike to reatro on this thread has been retroed. made a please retro these post almost a year ago
pimp.gif

can you get them to retro the air garnett 1? Thanks

Originally Posted by thapointguy

Not to be off topic but Nike needs to release these too. Since Lil Penny were buddy buddy with KG back in the day. They could of done a collabo together, like Fun Police 2.0 They were my favorite shoes back in the day because they were so comfortable and stylish.
kg1.jpg

Would rather take these Garnett 1's over the Flight One
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BigLescobar

the OGs had Tensile Air in the forefoot which was zoom air before they renamed it...it says right in that eastbay..... but we know damn well Nike aint gonna put zoom in these itll be a typical cheap job.... surprised they not putting the Penny logo on the heel tab to generate more interest and hype

da LWPs had zoom air, so i expect these to be equipped da same.

These were hand-me-downs back when I was around 10 and wore em into the ground.  Now, as an adult I am a proud owner anticipating a more "reliable" pair.

THESE WERE DONE VERY NICELY... STILL NOT SURE IF ILL COP THOUGH

Thank you for the "1" on the heel tab!!! These were looking real good in a Mark Dolce interview regarding the Zoom Rookie LWP.

If I were Gentry this would be my plan for the next couple years with the Penny Line:
Fall 2011

-Zoom Rookie LWP

Winter 2012

-Zoom Rookie LWP 

Spring 2012

- Go LWP Orlando Home Colorway 

Summer 2012

-Zoom Flight 96 Olympic colorway 

Fall 2012

-Air Flight One 

-Second Wave of Rookie LWP colorways 

Winter 2013

-Penny 4 Retro 

Spring 2013

-Air Up 

Fall 2013

-Next Hybrid inspired by the Penny 4s

Winter 2014

-Penny 2 retro

Spring 2014

-Air Lambaste  

6-10 Foamposite Releases a year to go along with all that. What you guys think? 

Back
Top Bottom