OFFICIAL: Nike Flight One Holiday 2012 (New Holiday 2012 colors on the way)

The GITD Flight 1s are by far the best shoe to drop for the ASG releases. They have the best GITD effect. Might cop Orlandos tomorrow, might not. I really care about the black/grey pair, hopefully they release. I also copped the DW AJ 1, Kobes, and KDs.

Couldn't get a GITD shot with my iPhone.

Am I the only dude not to get a confirmation email from nike yet my order says processing still
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by sorianotron

Originally Posted by VTex23

Really wanted these over the Foams, so caved and copped my size for $300 shipped off eBay. 

This is EXACTLY why nike keeps raising retail.
Nike raises retail because of inventory movement at their current set MSRPs; not because of an aftermarket retail price range. End of the day, if you want a shoe bad enough, you'll dish whatever cash is needed to get them, retail, discounted, on sale or otherwise. There wouldn't be a NT Buy & Sell, eBay, or any other type of bid/trade site if that didn't hold true. I missed on-line (like most here did) to get the pair I wanted for retail, so I went through other avenues to get a pair and found something reasonable to my want and disposable income. If you wanna give up after someone tells you sold out, that's you.

Really wanted these over the Foams, so caved and copped my size for $300 shipped off eBay. 

Nike raises retail because of inventory movement at their current set MSRPs; not because of an aftermarket retail price range. End of the day, if you want a shoe bad enough, you'll dish whatever cash is needed to get them, retail, discounted, on sale or otherwise. There wouldn't be a NT Buy & Sell, eBay, or any other type of bid/trade site if that didn't hold true. I missed on-line (like most here did) to get the pair I wanted for retail, so I went through other avenues to get a pair and found something reasonable to my want and disposable income. If you wanna give up after someone tells you sold out, that's you.

Resellers will continue to Thrive as long as we keep paying. Wake the #!$! up people smh

Originally Posted by piluchavez

They're up on Caliroots for 129 EUR which is about $180. None in my size though
frown.gif

http://caliroots.com/sfd/product.asp?id=31897

Shipped for $206. Not sure if this excludes VAT since they're in Europe.
i checked their faq page the other day and it said vat isnt excluded on international orders.

i tried for the kobes last night for a couple hrs but was able to secure a pair of the flight one gitd from a fellow nt member for 185 shipped.  I think it was a pretty reasonable price for them.

Originally Posted by jdm free

Originally Posted by piluchavez

They're up on Caliroots for 129 EUR which is about $180. None in my size though
frown.gif

http://caliroots.com/sfd/product.asp?id=31897

Shipped for $206. Not sure if this excludes VAT since they're in Europe.
i checked their faq page the other day and it said vat isnt excluded on international orders.

i tried for the kobes last night for a couple hrs but was able to secure a pair of the flight one gitd from a fellow nt member for 185 shipped.  I think it was a pretty reasonable price for them.
Very reasonable. If anybody can do the same for me in a size 14, I got em with that same deal.

Originally Posted by LeeBoi

Resellers will continue to Thrive as long as we keep paying. Wake the #!$! up people smh

No. The problem is you're stuck in some mindset that the game SHOULD be one way, but in reality it's not. And that's all I see in forums nowadays: people complaining about what once was, but isn't now. If nothing ever changed, if people and trends never evolved, we wouldn't be where we are as a culture today, and that isn't limited to just shoes. You have two simple choices: you evolve with the way the shoe game has (and is changing), or you back out of it. Sitting around on forums complaining about price hikes from retailers and inflated resale prices from resellers does nothing for you in the end; it won't get you a pair, bottom line. As I previously stated, I tried at retail price, for my one little measly pair to stock and eventually rock at some point, but that plan fell through. Now I could do like the vast majority and complain about something that won't ever change (back to what it was anyway), wait for another opportunity to hopefully pop up to nag for retail (few and far between), or I can shell the bread out, get a pair, be done with it, and be happy. I chose the latter; keep banking on option 1 and 2.

No @###.  If yall would stop buying the hype on every single release and stop feeding into resellers hands these prices wouldn't exist.  I understand the nostalgic factor on these and all, but they are absolutely not worth even $200 yall are happy to pay, let alone $300.  The markup is more than the shoe retails for, why wouldn't someone buy every pair they can get their hands on and sell them to you fools at 150% profit?  A few rounds of freezing out resellers at prices like this and they magically go away.  I'd say paying $300 to a reseller for a poorly made $120 pair of shoes is giving up. 

No. The problem is you're stuck in some mindset that the game SHOULD be one way, but in reality it's not. And that's all I see in forums nowadays: people complaining about what once was, but isn't now. If nothing ever changed, if people and trends never evolved, we wouldn't be where we are as a culture today, and that isn't limited to just shoes. You have two simple choices: you evolve with the way the shoe game has (and is changing), or you back out of it. Sitting around on forums complaining about price hikes from retailers and inflated resale prices from resellers does nothing for you in the end; it won't get you a pair, bottom line. As I previously stated, I tried at retail price, for my one little measly pair to stock and eventually rock at some point, but that plan fell through. Now I could do like the vast majority and complain about something that won't ever change (back to what it was anyway), wait for another opportunity to hopefully pop up to nag for retail (few and far between), or I can shell the bread out, get a pair, be done with it, and be happy. I chose the latter; keep banking on option 1 and 2.
I'm not complaining because I was successful during the release and nobody is knocking you for dropping extra on kix. I feel bad for the actual people who weren't as lucky and can't shell out extra money to get the shoes. It'll just get worse and worse as time goes on....people like you fail to realize that.  If you feel comfortable dropping 300 on shoes when you can still get them for retail by simply using ya resources...more power to ya. 180 tossed and loss on your end (or however much you paid for them)....not mine.

Originally Posted by MIKEBDAGR8

Any long island heads know the status on the Orlando's @ Roosevelt field or green acres?

Was over at Roosevelt field yesterday morning. Nike store opened a little before 10 and was sold out of every size except 14 by 10:30. They are completely sold out now. House of Hoops must have opened earlier than that cause a bunch of people had bags waiting on the Nike store line. I wasn't able to get my size kinda pissed seeing people get multiple pairs and all I wanted was one, but that's how it goes.

I ended up getting lucky when I got back from Nike. Thanks to the NTer Joulze (good lookin out) who alerted everyone they were up on Jimmy Jazz. I just got my shipping confirmation from Jimmy Jazz.

Originally Posted by raptors29

No it's not. He bought it off the secondary market. 
You'd be completely in the dark if you didn't think Nike monitors/regulates eBay resell prices, analyzes and applies the data to their projected sales campaign/pricing plots.
Consumers are getting worse and worse with their spending every day, and major corporations are taking advantage of reckless spenders like you. And in turn, we all suffer.

Hell,  look at the MSRP disaster over at Jordan Brand, they obviously analyzed the resale market and capitalized on overspending consumers by bumping the retail on all products across the board. It looks like the trend has come over here to NSW and starting to leak into all popular footwear products.

So yes it is.

I'm not complaining because I was successful during the release and nobody is knocking you for dropping extra on kix. I feel bad for the actual people who weren't as lucky and can't shell out extra money to get the shoes. It'll just get worse and worse as time goes on....people like you fail to realize that.  If you feel comfortable dropping 300 on shoes when you can still get them for retail by simply using ya resources...more power to ya. 180 tossed and loss on your end (or however much you paid for them)....not mine.

Naw, I totally understand what you're saying, and I'm sure there will come a time where I won't pay resale for a shoe. Before I saw the MSRP, I honestly thought the shoe was gonna retail for $180+ (given Nike's recent pricing trends), so I had already had money set aside to pay around $200 if needed. I live in Houston though, and heads from around this way know how it can get for hyped releases; shady shoe store employees, horrible crowd management, cut-throat campers, etc. When I didn't have income to buy what I want, I couldn't fathom some of the resale prices I saw when I was coming up. I see both sides of the coin now though.

Originally Posted by three6mafia

Originally Posted by SoSickening

Happy for the actual PENNY HARDAWAY fans that got their Orlandos.. it shouldve been A LOT easier than this tho..

for real. there was a kid behind me saying "these are selling on ebay for $260 already. im going to get as many as i can and flip them."  i was like  "man, you ****** hypebeasts are ruining the game."
kid probably dosent even know who penny hardaway is.
30t6p3b.gif

EXACTLY!!  As for the first part, I am one of those ACTUAL Penny Hardaway fans and I did not get my pair!  Orlando's only (unless they release the black/white ones), I'll even go this far.  The galaxy joints are terrible compared to the Orlando's the ONLY reason I would get them is to TRADE not sell them for the Orlando's.  Period!  The kid who wanted to flip them, I bet is one those people who throw a !%$+% fit when you don't sell them a pair of your DS heat just so they can resell them for a below lowball price, and we all know who I am talking about.

Ordered the GITD from Kicks-Crew a couple weeks ago when they started taking pre-orders but honestly after all this BS from Nike I don't even care if I get them now or not. It's almost like they want resellers to take over the game. I can understand the GITD's being somewhat limited but the Orlando's? That should have been a GR no doubt. I honestly never even liked this shoe but I'm a Penny fan from back in the day and the GITD colorway looks great so I decided to try and cop. Whatever...I still got my royal foams and my Chicago and Orlando Penny 1s. Shoes for REAL Penny fans.

Yeah I'm going to keep it 100 not even gonna try to play it cool about this release, on top of that I have dealt with the same contradicting policy pushing, arrogant, even racist chumps recently who get mad just because they saw me Black man with heat they feel they should have (hell I even had some of these fools get mad because me as a BLACK MAN had on brand new BLACK HISTORY MONTH Kobe 6's, during well you know BLACK HISTORY MONTH this year, I was like really %$# y'all think you are the "only" ones that are suppose to have heat.  Matter of fact I am way more upset about this release (Orlando's) then the Concord or ANY of the galaxy pack releases (I do NOT give a damn about ANY of them), you guys and oh yeah the hypebeast can have those.  The reason why is because everyone was d**k riding the galaxy releases and no one was on the Orlando's (you know because "they were going to end up in outlets")Then all of a sudden we have people asking what those "regular non gimmick nike shoes, that I all of sudden like just because I heard real Penny fans wanting them".  Where as with the concords and galaxy pack people actually wanted those All I am saying is GET WHAT YOU WANT BECAUSE YOU ACTUALLY WANT IT, not because you hear OTHER people ACTUALLY liking and wanting it!  Ok, that's all for now, maybe.
laugh.gif

Got my shipping confirmation from Jimmy Jazz. Seriously thank you to the dude who posted on here that they had them. You saved me a lot of hassle, man.

Back
Top Bottom