Official NIKE HUARACHE TR MID Thread Vol. Haven't been this excited since...

I dont even think I'm exaggerating here. Those literally top every tr1, tr1.2, sc 2010, tr1 low, tr1.2 low, lunar kayoss, other zoom huarache c/ws, the new vapor tr max, fuse tr1, the new tr1.3 releases, air max 360 tr1 colorways ALL COMBINED. When a colorway or model has that "it" factor, for me at least, all it takes is just one photo and look, and you know you have a showstopper and winner. Nothing else mentioned above in the last two years gives me that same showstopper feeling as that colorway above. And to think, it may stall out as being just a sample.. We're talking one colorway that triumphs over at least 100 other colorways and models. That's probably the best colorway/model combo since the 2004 zoom trainer 1 original. It just has "it".

Instead us common consumers, get some Larry Fitzgerald gimmicky colorways (what does this dude have to do with trainers?) and other plain jane releases... This one may be the only colorway that uses an offset color for the toebox, almost taking it back the OG huarache black/greys. Look at all the other GRs. They have all solid colored uppers. No contrast on the toebox.

MAYHEM, wow. Wow. Wow. Very nice colorway, great pickup and great price too. That volt green pops. Not too much of it on the shoe, just right. Very dope. Those amare pe's like you said, friggin awesome. Being a Mets fan, I could use a pair of those
smile.gif

Originally Posted by MrDozo

Being a Mets fan, I could use a pair of those
smile.gif
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

I dont even think I'm exaggerating here. Those literally top every tr1, tr1.2, sc 2010, tr1 low, tr1.2 low, lunar kayoss, other zoom huarache c/ws, the new vapor tr max, fuse tr1, the new tr1.3 releases, air max 360 tr1 colorways ALL COMBINED. When a colorway or model has that "it" factor, for me at least, all it takes is just one photo and look, and you know you have a showstopper and winner. Nothing else mentioned above in the last two years gives me that same showstopper feeling as that colorway above. And to think, it may stall out as being just a sample.. We're talking one colorway that triumphs over at least 100 other colorways and models. That's probably the best colorway/model combo since the 2004 zoom trainer 1 original. It just has "it".

Instead us common consumers, get some Larry Fitzgerald gimmicky colorways (what does this dude have to do with trainers?) and other plain jane releases... This one may be the only colorway that uses an offset color for the toebox, almost taking it back the OG huarache black/greys. Look at all the other GRs. They have all solid colored uppers. No contrast on the toebox.
all...of....THIS!

i agree with the og huarache look with the toebox being grey, it's nubuck/durabuck/whatever they're calling it these days.

I haven't been in here in a while... all of a sudden those samples pop up! WOW.

Mayhem ~ are the outsoles clear? Neon laces work, IMO.

One big reason I would fail at Nike. I see one colorway as the spring board for many others. Nike would have none of that. Maybe in 1988 or 1990. But now? No way.

Pro Combat University Edition (based off the black.grey. volt)

Miami:
f2935bb14cb86c9ccf51c2e5b4bd715d4740a57.jpg

Oregon State:
394353914af86247ca39c688bd7c41741c6263c.jpg

West Virginia:
4721594d64c6c7b41692d2520c443f04c8ec5ef.jpg

Oregon:
4f435713418a6e5ec024cf69b30b1bd376772a9.jpg

I would beat that colorway into the ground with variations for each school.. Instead we get something like this, where none of them truly appeal to me. How can you have so much color in a few of them and still be so boring and plain.
nike-zoom-huarache-trainer-pro-combat.jpg

Last 3 PS are ridiculous Wally.  I concur.  Varying degrees of that colorway rock what they actually released.  The only two that are really worth a damn are the Miami and Ohio State. Also the Boise State was pretty clean, but the rest are pretty unimaginative.

Clear outsoles with the speckles are  nice touch and differentiate them some for one another.  I like that.  Also colored laces can be thrown in- not as if its going to happen, but fun to dream I suppose.

The fact that the released version has a tag on it that says SP '11 would indicate there is some intent to release correct?

Yea they came with the neon

good$#!t that they r listening and will be dropping, two more pairs copped.

Wally, awesome PS's...those oregons are amazing!

Guess they r listening.
Hoping these sit around my way. So much heat coming out in the next couple weeks.
Won't be able to grab these just yet.

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

The fact that the released version has a tag on it that says SP '11 would indicate there is some intent to release correct?
I've seen quite a few PROMO samples that are never released to the public. I think we all should be very worried right about now. The date as far as i'm concerned means nothing. Spring term ends for Nike by the end of March If im not mistaken. So maybe wait until then until panic mode sets in?

Edit: I had my post a reply window open from an hour ago.. Good to see some type of release coming out of these
eek.gif
. I think some other promo samples that never saw the light of day were a few of the oregon PEs, a FSU tr1 PE that ended on ebay recently, as well as a tr1 livestrong promo sample.. Many promo samples never see the light of day.. Im really glad to see these released

SO maybe we're looking at a NDC only launch? Eastbayrep, any news on these??? These mean nothing if I can't get them in a somewhat normal fashion.
laugh.gif
Who's on the internet around SB kickoff? I guess I make some sacrifices that day?

Mayhem,
do you have any other TR you can compare the fit with? I have VT and was wondering since these have suede type material if they will fit less tight. The VT ones I have fit tight on my right foot by my pinky toe.

WallyHop- clean photoshops

I'm glad they're dropping, hopefully they'll be exactly like Mayhem's pair. I think I've looked at those pics 4 times now

Rob, i only have the TCU wht/blk/purp pair....which are a 12. these "alpha collection"(as they r being called)ones i got are 12.5.

judging from the fit, i'd say they fit just about the same...my 12 is kind of snug but not where it's uncomfortable and the 12.5 has a small bit of room but is still comfortable. i'm probably going to order a 12 and another 12.5 in them if i can afford it 
pimp.gif

c4, yea i hope they are exactly like them....insoles and all! don't drop the ball Nike
indifferent.gif
nerd.gif

Anybody know if these are gonna retail for $115 like the rest of the huaraches that have dropped lately?

Mayhem,
good looks. Imma get my size 11 and go from there. If I need to I'll try to get a half size bigger under retail..

I wonder what the price is. It's an all or nothing affair for me.
-Under $120
-three sets of laces
-same insoles and clear outsoles as photographed above
As much as I may proclaim to like something, actual money out of my pocket takes quite a bit of an effort.

Did you man up Nike?

Back
Top Bottom