OFFICIAL: NIKE KD VI ID Thread : Chroma ID August 12

so for the outsole theres 2 GITD options.... GITD(white) and GITD(green)

are you guys going with the GITD(green) and theyre coming out off white looking?  on the site and even with the glow effect disabled it still looks like that kdiv galaxy outsole, id hate to order them and have them come with the offwhite, doesnt look bad but its not whats represented, thanks

I'm 99% sure I ordered the green outsole, and it arrived as white. Happened to another poster here, and also a friend of mine just received his pair yesterday and the sole was white when he ordered green.

Yeah it doesn't look terrible but I would rather have green, of course, since that's what the IV had. Plus I hate trying to keep a white sole clean.

I ordered 3, all with the "green" glow sole, and I'm concerned that they're going to arrive with the milky white outsole. So far the whitish outsole is all I've really seen on here or IG. Either the renderings are completely off on the iD site or there has been a considerable amount of errors in production. I'll see soon as my 1st pair arrives today and the 2nd tomorrow... If they're not "green" glow my theme just won't work. I have the standard white glow on a pair of V's I made to use for a reference. I'll post a few pics (and possibly comparison shots) when they arrive...

Last edited:
nike shipped me the milky outsole (matching the airbag) and admitted mistake when i called em on it .. i think they didnt have green GITD ready or something .. 

I ordered 3, all with the "green" glow sole, and I'm concerned that they're going to arrive with the milky white outsole. So far the whitish outsole is all I've really seen on here or IG. Either the renderings are completely off on the iD site or there has been a considerable amount of errors in production. I'll see soon as my 1st pair arrives today and the 2nd tomorrow... If they're not "green" glow my theme just won't work. I have the standard white glow on a pair of V's I made to use for a reference. I'll post a few pics (and possibly comparison shots) when they arrive...
The KD IV never looked outright green to me, so much as it did blue-ish green.
nike shipped me the milky outsole (matching the airbag) and admitted mistake when i called em on it .. i think they didnt have green GITD ready or something .. 

damn, id rather them hold them back in production than to ship something thats not quite right

1st of my 3 arrived... Very disappointed as the "green glow" sole was either replaced with the standard glow (white) or looks nothing like the renderings from Nike.  Hopefully at least one features the correct green glow sole.  Should be able to get the 20%-off code and wait another month...  Aside from the sole issues, they look great.  The bright crimson matches very closely with the Yeezy 2 Solar red liner which fits very well with the theme.

Instead of dealing with the hassle of returning them, I'll be able to sell on eBay and make a few bucks (not $500) and allow someone to grab a pair without waiting a month to see what shows up from Nike.  Win, Win.  Just thought I should mention before someone on here with nothing better to do "calls me out" for selling my iDs.  No shame in moving something that doesn't meet ones standards, especially when ordering sight-unseen.  

Last edited:
1st of my 3 arrived... Very disappointed as the "green glow" sole was either replaced with the standard glow (white) or looks nothing like the renderings from Nike.  Hopefully at least one features the correct green glow sole.  Should be able to get the 20%-off code and wait another month...  Aside from the sole issues, they look great.  The bright crimson matches very closely with the Yeezy 2 Solar red liner which fits very well with the theme.

Instead of dealing with the hassle of returning them, I'll be able to sell on eBay and make a few bucks (not $500) and allow someone to grab a pair without waiting a month to see what shows up from Nike.  Win, Win.  Just thought I should mention before someone on here with nothing better to do "calls me out" for selling my iDs.  No shame in moving something that doesn't meet ones standards, especially when ordering sight-unseen.  

View media item 520307

Nike played me with the white GITD sole too. I originally wanted the green GITD.

Now i have to return them and wait another month

View media item 520328View media item 520329View media item 520330

That's a nice pair naphyde, sux they messed up your sole as well. Are they grinch inspired? Are the laces crimson? I'm planning on making a grinch inspired as well.

KVN

That's a nice pair naphyde, sux they messed up your sole as well. Are they grinch inspired? Are the laces crimson? I'm planning on making a grinch inspired as well.

KVN

thank you sir. yes they're grinch inspired. i used crimson for the laces and the inner check sign. everything came out the way i want except the soles. It looks weird with the white GITD sole

This is annoying, my grinch inspired KD 6s are being made now, and it will be bothersome to ret and wait all over again

Last edited:
What you need to do is de-select the option that shows the glow in the dark feature. When you do this it seems like you really see what you'll be getting with the sole color. I feel like you should have known what you were getting with those yeezy and grinch colorways.

Very nice pairs still -- I agree you must get what you want for 180 tho

Do you not understand that there are two GITD outsole options? Green and white. When you uncheck the box that says "see outsole with glow effect" there are very clear differences between green and white.

This is what the website says for each:
Glow in the Dark-Green

Actual color is Green - will only glow in the dark after exposure to ultraviolet light.
Glow in the Dark-White

Actual color is White - will only glow in the dark after exposure to ultraviolet light.
We are all ordering green and receiving white. We're not stupid, it's Nike's fault.

Do you not understand that there are two GITD outsole options? Green and white. When you uncheck the box that says "see outsole with glow effect" there are very clear differences between green and white.

We are all ordering green and receiving white. We're not stupid, it's Nike's fault.

I already notified Nike. They said they'll check and advise within 2 business days

Sorry I was directing that at the guy who acted like it was our fault that we received the wrong color.

I already wore my Galaxy pair with the white sole so I don't really have any intentions to return it.  Wait process is just so long to get another pair.  Curious to see what sort of coupon they provide.

Agreed...+ 1

Again...

See one of my KDV iD's in the standard Glow (milk white)...  That is what we all received, NOT the green glow that was ordered...

I saw a pair on ig that looked like it had the green sole, but it could've been an edit. Ill try to find it

Wait false alarm it was just a green translucent outsole

Last edited:
Nike played me with the white GITD sole too. I originally wanted the green GITD.

Now i have to return them and wait another month
nthat.gif

Order 2 of 3 arrived and unfortunately the same results (and yes, I realize the mid-sole isn't Navy). They even messed up on the midsole speckles... Frustrating.  

Order 2 of 3 arrived and unfortunately the same results (and yes, I realize the mid-sole isn't Navy). They even messed up on the midsole speckles... Frustrating.  
This is completely unacceptable, especially from a billion dollar company like Nike.  For $180, you should at least expect quality and accuracy.  You got neither in your design. I really hope Nike refunds you and everyone else whose ID's got messed up with a coupon, it's the least they can do with this latest mishaps of ID's.  

I do know that there's two GITD options. I missed that the issue for you two was that your green turned out nearly white. I was just making sure you knew to de-select the glow effect. No intention of pointing fingers. My mistake

It's weird that they aren't just messing up with the GITD sole but the speckle too. Makes me nervous to place my order and receive them and not be satisfied. So far is this the worst or should I say most unprepared Nike iD yet ?

My friend received his white-sole Galaxy pair the other day and e-mailed Nike about it. They said they would send him a corrected pair and in the mean time he could keep wearing his white-sole pair but then send it back when the other pair arrives. I e-mailed Nike support so hopefully they tell me the same thing. That's a reasonable solution for me.

Back
Top Bottom