OFFICIAL: NIKE KD VI ID Thread : Chroma ID August 12

after viewing this thread it has been decided, the KDVI is gonna be the best shoe next year!
Woah, calm down there.  We have only seen a few colorways of the LeBron XI, and no official pics of the Kobe 9 yet.  Wait a few months first.  

The KD VI has nice colorways, it's just the ugly silhouette that's holding me back from copping.

Ordered a pair of patches for my Galaxy iD, but I'm going to wait before applying them to see if Nike is going to send me a replacement pair with the correct green GITD sole.

Not exactly a perfect alignment with that weird tongue, but I think it works. I'm a size 12 so I dunno if it would fit great on a smaller shoe. Width of the patch is 2.5".

I would wait until he comes out with patches for the vi. That isn't exactly symmetrical for this shoe.

Edit: just checked his IG and he said he's working on new patches for the vi. (From a post 3 weeks ago)

Last edited:
Yeah I might wait and see what he comes up with specifically for the VI. They are cheap enough that it's no big deal if I don't use them. I'll be waiting for Nike anyways, so I have plenty of time.

Yeah the Galaxy IV is my favorite KD so I thought I'd do another one so I didn't wear out my IV. I really liked the patches when I saw them a few months ago so just kept them in mind when I ordered the VI.

Anyways, finally heard back from Nike.. they will send me a corrected pair with the green sole (hopefully) and I can keep these incorrect ones until the new pair arrives in a few weeks.

Chroma ID August 12

http://nikeinc.com/news/nikeid-kd-vi-debuts-chroma-material

"[color= rgb(100, 100, 100)]When evaluating Kevin Durant’s game, it’s the small nuances that make a big difference. Look beyond the obvious. Yes, he can shoot the lights out, but some overlook his post-move footwork or his increased rebounding.[/color]

NIKEiD is bringing a new feature to the KD VI that is subtle, yet bold — just like KD’s evolved game. Available beginning Aug. 12, the KD VI will feature a new Chroma material that shifts in color when hit by varying angles of light.

The KD VI Chroma iD is available in seven color options for the upper in addition to 16 accent colors available on the logos, laces, lining, midsole and outsole. Glow-in-the-dark materials will be available on the laces, airbag, midsole, outsole and personalization options.

Two years in the making, NIKEiD’s Chroma option was inspired by popular iridescent paint jobs on cars. Moving forward, Chroma will be available on all Nike Basketball signature shoes.

Read more about the KD VI design innovation and inspiration. The NIKEiD KD VI can be purchased  here beginning Aug. 12. "

Edited by bdrake823 - Today at 9:18 am

Last edited:
Nike is crushing it with these options. If they offered 1/4 of this for Kobes id be happy.

Yeah the Galaxy IV is my favorite KD so I thought I'd do another one so I didn't wear out my IV. I really liked the patches when I saw them a few months ago so just kept them in mind when I ordered the VI.

Anyways, finally heard back from Nike.. they will send me a corrected pair with the green sole (hopefully) and I can keep these incorrect ones until the new pair arrives in a few weeks.
no doubt, can't wait to see them with the correct sole

the chroma options are cool, but all dark colors so nothing really exciting

that galaxy patch? damn, thats changing the ID game up. not one to go to wild with custom versions of kicks, but that patch looks pretty damn good with those galaxy IDs

This is the most confusing thing I have ever used . I'm lookn for kd 6 I'd reviews cause my colors are a mess. This thing shows me advertisements for the chroma and the same posts . Maybe it's user error. Point is this thing sucks for me!!

This is the most confusing thing I have ever used . I'm lookn for kd 6 I'd reviews cause my colors are a mess. This thing shows me advertisements for the chroma and the same posts . Maybe it's user error. Point is this thing sucks for me!!

im not sure what you're trying to say. if it's about the chroma option then it's not available until the 12th

Trying to get my first id shoes ever, and i just wanted to know if i order my pair today when will they charge my card?

Back
Top Bottom