Votes: 135 26.4%
  • Home (Pure Platinum)

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Aunt Pearl

Votes: 86 16.8%
  • Liger

Votes: 20 3.9%

• Total voters
KD better off sticking to mids or a shoe slightly lower then a mid but the extreme low cut is not a good look. If I was seriously into lows, Kobes dominant that department, give us something in the middle between Brons and Kobes. The 4s was an exception because the strap separated themselves from kobes but so far I can't say the same for these, that's why the elite 5s was a fail too

This is pure conjecture, but I think Kyrie is next in line for a sig when Kobe retires. Given that Kyrie currently wears Hyperdunks, what're the chances that Nike is moving KDs to replace Kobes on lows (given KD's preference for lows), and filling the void with Kyrie's line?

Last edited:
So far this shoe makes me sick to my stomach. The top view of the shoe looks dope but when I see the side view I just scratch my head. This cw is awful. Outlet bound out the gate. They gonna hafta have sone amazing cws and designs to save this atrocious shoe. I wish kd had his line like how the kb 8 is doing now. I dam near wanna cop every kobe 8 cause the model is so dope and almost every cw I feel I need to have. The kd iv was very similar to where almost every cw looked good. Kd v was a letdown coming off the 4 but some cws did save the shoe to me (dmv, all star, xmas, n7, aunt pearl) . I'm hoping some dope cws will save this line. This is not how u start off a new shoe tho. And this shoe is $130 smh . So does that means more than likely the elite kd vi is gonna be $199. Somebody at nike needs to tell leo chang to go back to the drawing board . Too many yes men in the kd nime department. Rant over lol

The thing that annoys me the most about these is they keep using the same thin material, the same stuff they use on the hyperdunks and all other generic nike bball models. The 4s, 5s and now the 6s all have the same flat thin plastic material. People say kobes are the same every year but if you look at each model since the 4s, they at least used a different looking material and design. A lot of Kobe 4s had leather/patent, 5s flywire, 6s had the snake scale print, 7s had the streak lines and 8s revamped completely with engineered mesh. To me that's what a sig line should be. Lebrons similar transition, each shoe is pretty different and creative. Can we honestly say the same thing for the KD line? I mean I guess it contributes to the fact that his shoes are much cheaper so maybe less effort and quality is put into it but given his come up, he should really be getting a better sneaker and design.

It's not really hate, just voicing my opinions. Everyone has 1st impressions

There's different ways of using hyperfuse instead of just a flat base. All the recent lebrons use hyperfuse but designed differently, not just flat thin plastic. That's all I ask, something different, Bron 9s had the woven pattern in it, 10s have the cut outs etc...It doesn't take a genius to see the lazy design on the KDs, even the elite 5s carbon fiber plate at the back was a lazy move and gave us the same flat base

Last edited:
The thing that annoys me the most about these is they keep using the same thin material, the same stuff they use on the hyperdunks and all other generic nike bball models. The 4s, 5s and now the 6s all have the same flat thin plastic material. People say kobes are the same every year but if you look at each model since the 4s, they at least used a different looking material and design. A lot of Kobe 4s had leather/patent, 5s flywire, 6s had the snake scale print, 7s had the streak lines and 8s revamped completely with engineered mesh. To me that's what a sig line should be. Lebrons similar transition, each shoe is pretty different and creative. Can we honestly say the same thing for the KD line? I mean I guess it contributes to the fact that his shoes are much cheaper so maybe less effort and quality is put into it but given his come up, he should really be getting a better sneaker and design.

It's not really hate, just voicing my opinions. Everyone has 1st impressions

There's different ways of using hyperfuse instead of just a flat base. All the recent lebrons use hyperfuse but designed differently, not just flat thin plastic. That's all I ask, something different, Bron 9s had the woven pattern in it, 10s have the cut outs etc...It doesn't take a genius to see the lazy design on the KDs, even the elite 5s carbon fiber plate at the back was a lazy move and gave us the same flat base

I like the shoe but agree with you the kd v and vi are unoriginal kobe 8 and lebron x don't look like anything on the market. The shoe does look cheap. Nike needs to give the kd line a soldier like shoe under $100 and go all out for the vii.

Not sold on the looks yet, have to see it in person. Hopefully, it's low to the ground despite the thick looking midsole.

ugly shoe. Doesnt even look like a basketball shoe, more like a soccer shoe without the cleats.

ez pass.

if i had a dime for every time someone said "looks like a soccer shoe" then id have at least like 2 bucks.

Well i absolutely love the shoe

Has way more casual appeal then the kd V which i still think is just hideous.
When these drop in an all black base.... :smokin :smokin :smokin

You mean 6s right? Does the aways have the same blue as the v?

Yes and Yes. The "Aways" could be the "Homes" or vice versa. One shoe has that same royal blue from the Vs as the upper. It's a total, tonal mesh upper I believe. The mid-sole and bottom is orange.

The reds are... red. Needs more white though.

Son'll shut my sneak peeks/early pick ups down if I mention details regarding the Weatherman 2 colorway.

I'll let the pics leak.

You saying those are upcoming colorways for the VI that you've seen?

Yup.

SN: I really suggest that y'all wait until more colorways surface to pass the final opinion. These have tremendous potential. I'm trying to get KD to show me the Nerfs, Creamsicles, and the Texas colorways.

I'll keep y'all posted.

Yes and Yes. The "Aways" could be the "Homes" or vice versa. One shoe has that same royal blue from the Vs as the upper. It's a total, tonal mesh upper I believe. The mid-sole and bottom is orange.

The reds are... red. Needs more white though.

Son'll shut my sneak peeks/early pick ups down if I mention details regarding the Weatherman 2 colorway.

I'll let the pics leak.

That sucks [emoji]128545[/emoji]want to see pics. Guessing we get the all red colorway on the 6 like the v samples. I love that blue so glad it would be an all blue shoe.

Back
Top Bottom