Votes: 135 26.4%
  • Home (Pure Platinum)

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Aunt Pearl

Votes: 86 16.8%
  • Liger

Votes: 20 3.9%

• Total voters
whatever happened to kd keeping his shoes under $100? lol. looks like ima have to pass on these for next year
that agreement already finished last year, that's why nike start new deal after that and so the price for his kicks a

Yeah KD has to also realize that he is probably going to take Kobe's spot next year in terms of the hierarchy of signature kicks, so the price point is obviously too low for Nike's liking, especially with his sneaker popularity on the rise and rise...

Repped...great point.

They need another sig athlete to build behind...and its got to be KD. There really isn't anyone else on the map (minus lebron obv). Who else wears the swoosh that they could give a sig to when kobe retires? Maybe Harden or Curry? its a reach but Paul George...Once kobe retires im sure his shoe popularity will diminish that will leave just bron and KD

Repped...great point.

They need another sig athlete to build behind...and its got to be KD. There really isn't anyone else on the map (minus lebron obv). Who else wears the swoosh that they could give a sig to when kobe retires? Maybe Harden or Curry? its a reach but Paul George...Once kobe retires im sure his shoe popularity will diminish that will leave just bron and KD
I was thinking about Kyrie Irving. But Nike needs a guy pretty lucky about injuries, and Curry or Irving are maybe not these kind of guys ...

Repped...great point.

don't forget about kyrie irving probably next in line

anyone know the price on the KD treys or if they are releasing in US? they really need to come out with more shoes with XDR soles. All my ball kicks are getting torn up from outdoor courts.

Last edited:
Damn shame Nike didn't sign Lillard. I got a feeling he is gonna be big time. But I agree on Irving. If he can stay healthy he will be a bigtime player, and that translates into being a marketable athlete. Just don't be surprised when he inevitably leaves CLE haha.

KD needs more to his line now. I don't remember necessarily when the EXTs and lifestyle stuff started for Bron and Kobe, but they have been doing pretty well since inception. I work with a lot of kids on the coaching/camps side of things in the summer and on some weekends when time allows it, and you ask most of the real young ones who their favorite player is and, in my experiences, a majority of them love KD. If he really cared, and Nike still said nah we need these to be 130, he would ask for those lower-end shoes that we see for Kobe in Asia, for the sole purpose of allowing his lower-income fans to still be able to own the KD brand.

Just my $0.02 for worth it's worth...

Good point about Kyrie kinda forgot about him out there in cleveland :lol:
I am a homer so i always hoped Wall would sign with Nike.

But anyway back on topic. I love the KD VI and can't wait for new colorways to surface. Not too stoked about the price point considering there is really no upgrade in materials or anything from the V to the VI but some how the price went up. (unless the flywire skin or what not is supposed to be better then the plastic that was on the kd v....which is im sure what they will tell us)

Can't wait to see the colors for these, i for one am glad theyre going back to the low with the VI and it looks real good for a summer shoe

Thanks, great job.

But we can easily see that the shoe has less capacity in terms of possibility of colorway (compare to KD4 for instance )

For me.. Its a go.. I just wanna cop the away color.. And either an all-star or a xmas color. I'm in Finland which means 130€..but whatever..that's life I guess.

Thanks, great job.

But we can easily see that the shoe has less capacity in terms of possibility of colorway (compare to KD4 for instance )
yeah but the 5 really didn't have much to work with in terms of potential colorways either and we got some really good cws with those imo.  Look at how they added things like gradients to the midsole and tongue, prints on the upper/swoosh/air unit, etc to the V to kind of add some pop to it.  They'll come up with something and even if they don't sometimes simpler is better.  The only one that seemed "lacking" to me was the Texas cw...simply because it wasn't up to par with the Longhorns cw of the past

Last edited:
Yeah, a box upgrade so I can wear the box, or carry it around with me while I wear the shoes. Then spend an extra 10-20 on the shoes because of the awesome box! Count me in!

yeah but the 5 really didn't have much to work with in terms of potential colorways either and we got some really good cws with those imo.  Look at how they added things like gradients to the midsole and tongue, prints on the upper/swoosh/air unit, etc to the V to kind of add some pop to it.  They'll come up with something and even if they don't sometimes simpler is better.  The only one that seemed "lacking" to me was the Texas cw...simply because it wasn't up to par with the Longhorns cw of the past
You're right, they also did a great job on the Kobe8. But you understand that since the shoes is getting lower, there is "less shoes", so more difficult to do something amazing ...

But yes, I believe in this shoes anyway ..

Yeah, a box upgrade so I can wear the box, or carry it around with me while I wear the shoes. Then spend an extra 10-20 on the shoes because of the awesome box! Count me in!
Don't forget the special shoe paper and decoder ring! At 140 they're practically giving them away!

Lack luster because they weren't limited? Tx colorways are tx colorways. Not many options with it

People were cryin about a sig box since the 3/4

Said that there was a certain price point to be considered for a sig box or something. I'm not too sure since it doesnt matter to me.

Wont matter too much but hopefully they dont do a pull out box if they do switch it up.

Back
Top Bottom