Votes: 135 26.4%
  • Home (Pure Platinum)

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Aunt Pearl

Votes: 86 16.8%
  • Liger

Votes: 20 3.9%

• Total voters

Idk where that market price is at, I just watched a couple popular sizes go on ebay last night for $285. Plus you can catch some instagram sales for $225-$250, gone up a little tho.
It's that hype train until the next big release... IMO those florals are definitely not timeless... Over time people gonna be like WTF was I thinking? LOL No offense to anyone who copped florals at retail. But if I copped for resale value, I'd have to smh @ my damn self for that one. 
mean.gif

It's that hype train until the next big release... IMO those florals are definitely not timeless... Over time people gonna be like WTF was I thinking? LOL No offense to anyone who copped florals at retail. But if I copped for resale value, I'd have to smh @ my damn self for that one. 
mean.gif

LOL I was just saying, I got my florals at retail. NO WAY would I pay that resale price tho. 

It's kind of a **** move to resell shoes from the perspective of somebody who truly wants them to wear. It's like, they didn't even want the shoes, they just want to hustle someone, the point of nike releasing them is for people to buy them at retail and wear them. It's hard not to resell when there is so much money out of it, but you have to look at it through the eyes of someone who has no interest in taking advantage of people who want a certain shoe.

Bash me all you want, I spoke nothing but the truth. I've been on both sides of the fence like most of us.
Have to agree with this.
your logic is flawed. Youre saying that we're taking away from people that want the shoe but if they want it so bad they could try harder. The point of limited nike sneakers is not for people to wear, it's to generate hype for the brand.
Shoes are to be worn. They're (more or less) mass produced leather, plastic and other synthetic materials. It's not like they're art.

My point is dont be mad at resellers when you should be mad about nike releasing limited kicks. If you take the limited factor out, resellers would be gone.
I don't think anyone is mad, and I don't mind paying a small 'tax' for shoes that require more legwork than I'm willing to put in, but it is wack to buy kicks just to beat somebody over the head with resell down the road. This forum shouldn't really foster such a thing imo, it's supposed to be a community helping each other out; but instead you see stuff in the buy/sell section like 10 different listings for gamma blue xi for $300+.
mean.gif

you can find florals for $260 easy, especially locally

even on ebay there are tons of BINs for $285

i don't see these commanding a high resale in the future

Have to agree with this.

Shoes are to be worn. They're (more or less) mass produced leather, plastic and other synthetic materials. It's not like they're art.

I don't think anyone is mad, and I don't mind paying a small 'tax' for shoes that require more legwork than I'm willing to put in, but it is wack to buy kicks just to beat somebody over the head with resell down the road. This forum shouldn't really foster such a thing imo, it's supposed to be a community helping each other out; but instead you see stuff in the buy/sell section like 10 different listings for gamma blue xi for $300+.
mean.gif
Im a reseller but im 14 so the only reason i resell is so i can make the money for the shoes i do want i wish my parents would just gimme money for this but nah

you can find florals for $260 easy, especially locally
even on ebay there are tons of BINs for $285
i don't see these commanding a high resale in the future

Even at 260 that's double the retail price. With so little talk about these shoes in the two weeks leading up to the release, I definitely didn't expect the hype.

Im a reseller but im 14 so the only reason i resell is so i can make the money for the shoes i do want i wish my parents would just gimme money for this but nah
If you're able to fit any shoe that commands $200+ you can work. I sure as hell did at age 14. But you don't owe me an explanation fam. You do what you gotta do. I just expect the community to help each other more so than a random eBayer/CLer and the like.

when i was 14 all i did was play street hockey, bike around the neighborhood, and chill by the creek

all my shoes were beat as hell. id feel bad getting new shoes that i would get dirty the next day 
laugh.gif

materialism taking over the youth at such a young age now..

At least your honest. My parents would laugh if I asked them to buy me shoes. What two years and get a job. That's what I fid

at 14 I was working my a** off at a car dealership and then going out Saturday morning to cop kicks with my dad. I literally blame him for getting me into it lol. but if you want I make money to cop kicks, there's plenty of ways to do it with out reselling.

But it doesn't hurt. Sitting on a little bit of change after cashing out like 80% of what I have. I respect the hustle, little brothas gotta make cash somehow. My moms wasn't putting up with this shoe bs when I was 14.

Same, I had to hide new pairs from my mom. "When did you get those??"

"Uhhh I've had these for a while"

Now she doesn't even care. As long as I keep doing well in school, stay out of trouble and keep my priorities right, she's cool with it.

at 14 I was working my a** off at a car dealership and then going out Saturday morning to cop kicks with my dad. I literally blame him for getting me into it lol. but if you want I make money to cop kicks, there's plenty of ways to do it with out reselling.

But it doesn't hurt. Sitting on a little bit of change after cashing out like 80% of what I have. I respect the hustle, little brothas gotta make cash somehow. My moms wasn't putting up with this shoe bs when I was 14.
i try to not involve my mom cause i know she'd get pissed at me if i ask her to drive me to the nearest Hoh which is 45 min away just for some kicks

Last edited:

Now she doesn't even care. As long as I keep doing well in school, stay out of trouble and keep my priorities right, she's cool with it.
i try to use some of my school stuff  to my advantage sometimes ill be like "if i get a A on this test can u take me to hoh on saturday"

Last edited:
when i was 14 all i did was play street hockey, bike around the neighborhood, and chill by the creek
all my shoes were beat as hell. id feel bad getting new shoes that i would get dirty the next day :lol:
materialism taking over the youth at such a young age now..
At 14 I Was Putting My Allowance And Birthday Money On Pokèmon GBA Games And NBA Headbands. The Thought Of Even Spending Money On Shoes, Even More Clothes Would Have Been Ludicrous.

Same exact thing now. She usually ends up either finding out on wednesdays when she comes home to boxes on the porch of the house or when she comes to visit me at school sees my boxes all laying on the floor. But it's good now, no questions as long as the cars are taken care of and I'm keeping the grades up. That's how it should be though.

i try to not involve my mom cause i know she'd get pissed at me if i ask her to drive me to the nearest Hoh which is 45 min away just for some kicks
I feel you bro, I was once there. Just gotta make it happen and make sure that your priorities are straight.

Keep on grinding and keep the grades up. Nothing's worst then dedicating your youth to sneakers and messing up your future. Get good grades, get a good job , and cop all the kicks you want.

Mom's reaction turns into Wife reaction in the future for you single folks out there still. 

"You bought another one?!!!!!!" Then you just try to change the subject as fast as you can.

Mom's reaction turns into Wife reaction in the future for you single folks out there still. 

"You bought another one?!!!!!!" Then you just try to change the subject as fast as you can.

Already there with my girl. Always gives me slack but she keeps me in check. As long as you make her happy first, that's all the matters. Happy wife, happy life

Man, F that,I wish my woman would mention something about my kicks.Especially when most women have way more shoes than men and they have a ton of purses also.

Some of yall dudes are just scary and are dating rasputia from norbit lol.

(Single btw :frown: )

RIGHT? I honestly think my girl gets more pisssed than my mom, and my girl goes to college 5 hours away from me lol.

I always get this look when she comes to visit and sees the updated closet.

Back
Top Bottom