OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Are the Easters going to be available online?  I haven't had any troubles getting any Kobe's online but this one I'm a little worried about haha.

Eastbay, FTL, and NDC are confirmed for releasing Easters online. It should be too hard to get!

But honestly what are your take on the kobe 8's exts? I had the chance to get the black or red suede. But decided to get 2 pairs of the blacks. Did anybody else have a easy time deciding ? I also ended up getting the red camos over the blues..

But honestly what are your take on the kobe 8's exts? I had the chance to get the black or red suede. But decided to get 2 pairs of the blacks. Did anybody else have a easy time deciding ? I also ended up getting the red camos over the blues..

I had an easy time deciding on the camos:red

And an easy time deciding not to get any of the ext johns

Volts are a different story

Pic are making them hard to resist, but Im just gonna be strong and wait to see what the elites bring us

Last edited:

So I wore the black ext today and decided to share how they fit.
First off for reference I'm a tts size 9. I could wear size 9 and 9.5 in the Kobe 4 and the 6. the size 9 is the snugger feel but feel. In Js i'm a 8.5-9 same as the kobe just 1/2 size down. for those who recently bought the bred 11, those in a size 9 felt snug (they seemed to run a bit smaller than the other 11s).
So I bought my tts size 9 and the fit was great and very comfy to me. one thing to note was the insole is not your average fabric covered insole, it's a bit slick and have these embedded scales, which took some time to get used to. Out the box i didn't have any problems with them, I stand for about 75-50% of my time at work standing and i work a 10-7. They felt good but I honestly felt i could throw some insoles in there for more comfort. i really do like the way they look because at work, majority of the workers wear dress shoes. Since I work in the back lab, i don't have a strict dress code (collared shirt is pretty much the only thing) so it doesn't really matter what i have on but when i wore these they seemed to blend in among my coworkers shoe due to it's shininess. they were perfect for my situation, they are really meant for casual. I'm sure you could ball in them but the waxed laces w/ metallic (plastic) lace tips make it seem they aren't for athletic use. also the insoles don't seem to be a good insole for playing in, your feet would probably be slipping around.
probably my only gripe and it only matters since they are for casual is if you wear non baggy pants (don't mean off the pants baggy) and you wear white socks, there is a section to the left and right of the tongue that will show the socks, so wearing black socks is a must.*please before coming on here w/ that whole socks talk, just squash that noise. don't need another thread ruined cause of it.* moving on....
Overall I was very satisfied w/ these because they do remind me of the 6s w/ the scales but w/ the kobe 8 shape. Can't wait to get my ball pairs and hit the court.
IMO:
1.I know it's an ID but i loved the kobe chaos color way (http://sneakernews.com/2012/12/20/nike-kobe-8-christmas-cheetah-inspired/#more-376609) don't know they said cheetah.smh
2.Xmas
3.Black EXT
4.Easters
5.Un Sulfers/Purple Gradiants

i do realize i'm probably the only one to have put the black ext on a top 5. but like i said it really reminds me of the 6 and I've heard it's like the 6 but improved. can't wait to get my pair for ball.
sorry if it reads like rambling. had a long day and got work tomorr.... in like 6-7 hours... great... hope this helped someone.... anyone...

have you experienced the lunarlon flatting out? I dont know if its all in my head but I have been balling in my pair and wearing it everyday outside of the court and it doesn't feel as mushy as it once did.

My have so now when I ball in them I use the ortho ready insert off iD and orthos and holy hell they are amazing, even have some heel zoom. Nice change , especially since I can't put orthos on top of the lunar because it makes the shoe fit too tight.

Recommend it for anyone hooping to increase the longevity of these kicks, and also because if you workout and hoop alot orthos help increase the longevity of your feet, knees, back, etc. seems like a lot of dudes in here suffer from low arches and flat feet, which is what led to my stress fracture and knee pain. Take dre of yourselves with a small investment, hell if you can spend 150 every other week on Kobe's and other kicks you can make the ortho purchase.

Thought I'd help since last few pages people been talking about the cracked carbon fiber plate and all that.

These pairs arrived from a friend yesterday via swoosh. Eastbay still shipped my orders even though I cancelled. Still charged me too. need to return them soon..

Got my red camos in the mail yesterday.. I can't believe how light they are :wow: They look much better in person too

my order of the volts and red cameo is still on waiting on approval, eastbay said they need to verify my bank information.. dont know why its happening now, since ive bought heaps of thimgs through eastbay and it never happened..

For the Kobe 8 Easter? 
sick.gif
  No, not a good trade.  Should be fairly easy to cop, and if not you'll see what options you have then.  Even if you want to do this trade you should wait it out first to see if you can cop them at retail.  Trade might not even be necessary.
The Easters will be just as easy to cop as the ASG's were.  Which wasn't really that easy.
wink.gif

Sad to read that my Kobe's r doomed to crack since me feet r flat.

idk if this is going to happe. to everyone's. I wear mine 3 days a week doing weight training and cardio and I see no visual defects but black marks. that I've hit the shoe up against a machine or dragged my feet on the street

I like crew socks its pretty much all I wear but I thought these red camos would have more black... Still love em tho

Finally got my camera back from my sister, took some pics of my blue lights and iDs, wish my sulfur's were here at the moment but they are in the trunk of my car at the car shop lol. Anyways, hope you guys enjoy!

And I'll only post one shoe of the Chaos since there's an iD thread for that.

Still trying to learn all the in's and out's of this camera haha, so bear with me if they don't look as awesome as some of the other talented dudes in here!

Back
Top Bottom