OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Hope they go on sale like the 7s did
nerd.gif
I know it's way too early tho
theyll sell better i doubt theyll sell out but theyll sell better then the 7 elites XD my opinion btw

Last edited:
The blacks are pretty solid, but if they release the Kobes as a home in the KD V low color-scheme, I would cop...

Just had a question. I'm probably wrong but is the purple gradient releasing different from the pair kobe actually wears on court? From the recent pics There seems to be more blue on the back.

Do any of you all with GR Kobe 8's switch out the soles and put in a Nike+ Sport Kit Sole, so you can track your activity with the app?

if this is why we can't get solid uppers on the regulars then i'd be pissed. :smh:

Last edited:
Do any of you all with GR Kobe 8's switch out the soles and put in a Nike+ Sport Kit Sole, so you can track your activity with the app?
Ya I was using the + insole from my ASG's in all my other Kobe's during my Rec League season this year (Xmas, BHM, ASG's, and Pythons)

As nice as the Black/Gold Elites look, they can't compare to my Big Stage Vs...

The Big Stages have the lore of Kobe's 5th championship behind them, while this years Elites could possibly equal a first round Playoff KO...
mean.gif
i get your point but a what a player does that year on the court should not define the shoe. so jordan shoes where he did not win a championship have lower value than the ones where he did?

i get your point but a what a player does that year on the court should not define the shoe. so jordan shoes where he did not win a championship have lower value than the ones where he did?
spider, i am disappoint...

jordans shoes are synonymous with his accomplishments

ie last shot 14s

the dunk contest and the 3s

winning the title and crying in blk/red 11

playoff 12s....

you pretty much just made the best counterargument to yourself by using jordans as an example

Black elites look slick but I prefer both the Purp fades and the Amnesty thats. I wouldve liked to have seen gold accents on the lace eyelets.

Not sold on elites....def not a fan of the exposed flywire. I bashed the Bron X low for that so its only right. Guess it will be a RD decision at this point.

gotta hope it's not like last years easy chip metallic gold paint.. you'd think they leaned from that though
i doubt itll happen with the Kobe 8s being that the upper is EM and doesnt bend n crease like those lebron IXs or even Kobe 7s
My buddy bought the Elite Kobe 7s with Gold Accents, after playing with them indoor for couple months, they are now Kobe VII ELITE BLACKOUTS.

Stupid Gold paint ALL rubbed off. Elites are GARBAGE, lets see if Nike can fix this over priced over hyped model moving forward.

Nah.

What I was saying was in relation to the these as faux Big Stages, they don't compare to the originals...both in meaning and looks (especially at $220).

These Elite 8s are nice in themselves...but not as a replacement for the Big Stage Vs...IMO.

Nike stopped with the Elite series on the soccer front and I was hoping they were going to do the same in bball. I bought a few elite soccer cleats which had the CF bottoms and each pair had studs that snapped off. Elite is a gimick to justify bigger margins.

spider, i am disappoint...

jordans shoes are synonymous with his accomplishments

ie last shot 14s

the dunk contest and the 3s

winning the title and crying in blk/red 11

playoff 12s....

you pretty much just made the best counterargument to yourself by using jordans as an example
really? he has 23 signature shoes and won 6 championships. so are the 17 other shoes not as worthy or are a step down? to each his own i guess.

Nah.

What I was saying was in relation to the these as faux Big Stages, they don't compare to the originals...both in meaning and looks (especially at $220).

These Elite 8s are nice in themselves...but not as a replacement for the Big Stage Vs...IMO.
ah, i see what you mean now.

Back
Top Bottom